Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

iOS 5.1.1 out now!

This is a discussion on iOS 5.1.1 out now! within the iOS & iOS Apps forums, part of the Software MUG - Troubleshooting and Discussion category; So what else is new? OTA update was convenient, and I swear my battery life is better by a few ...

Liked
    8 times

Default Re: iOS 5.1.1 out now!

So what else is new? OTA update was convenient, and I swear my battery life is better by a few more hours with the same usage patterns I have everyday. Apart from that, I don't feel anything new.

Liked
    154 times

I found my battery has been worse in 5.1.1. Previously I can go a day without charging (emails, whatsapp, txt, calls). Now, I seem to need to charge at around 3pm.

I tested it out last night. I charged my battery to 100% then unplugged it.

In 5.1, I would wake up with about 90% battery left with the following usage statistics:
    - a few minutes of usage depending on the number of emails and txts I receive during the night
    - around 8 hours of standby

Today I woke up with only 60% left with the following usage statistics:
    - 1.5 hours of usage (only 2-3 emails and around 5 txts)
    - 8 hours of standby

Not sure what's causing the extra processes again. It seemed to have been fixed in 5.1 but I feel its now back again. I'm gonna reset my network settings and test again tonight to see if its the same.

One thing I notice though is that my wifi doesn't work as well. My office wifi, which worked before the update and no settings were changed, my iPhone just wouldn't connect to the net. All other computers, including my MBP, works fine.

Anyone else have these experiences?

Liked
    24 times

Has anyone with a 3rd gen iPod Touch tried updating to 5.1.1? I've never updated beyond 3.1.3 as I've heard rumors of it causing the iPod to have performance issues? I'm thinking of risking the update this time around.

Liked
    3 times
    Real Name
    Del Orias

Hi, I just updated my iPad2 to 5.1.1 and I noticed that the sounds are muted, there is a bell icon that would show up, which tells me that it is muted though it is not.
    And the the rotation lock icon shows up even though it is not turned on..any help? If I need to have the iOS reinstalled can someone point me to the
    proper procedures? Thanks!

Liked
    8 times

Quote Originally Posted by blue archer View Post
    Has anyone with a 3rd gen iPod Touch tried updating to 5.1.1? I've never updated beyond 3.1.3 as I've heard rumors of it causing the iPod to have performance issues? I'm thinking of risking the update this time around.
    I wouldn't try. I have a fourth generation iPod touch and its struggling to keep up on 5.0.1, haven't tried on 5.1.1 though, so I wonder if anyone on the same iPod touch had better performance on the latest firmware. Until someone says so, I'm not moving up.

Also after almost a week I really do have better battery life, same usage patterns of 3G on 24/7 (if not wifi), checking FB/twitter/mail every now and then, using Safari to look up random stuff, and I probably got 2-4 hours more battery life max before I need to charge.

Of course, my battery life would be way better if I didn't use all these data intensive processes all day.

Liked
    101 times

@d.know, you should update to 5.1.1. 5.1 was a big improvement over 5.0.1. My wife has a 4th gen touch and has no problems whatsoever with 5.1 (and, more recently, 5.1.1).
    Mac Switcher since February 24, 2003
    13" MacBook Pro (Retina Late 2013) 2.6 GHz Core i5 / 8 GB / 500 GB
    iPhone 6+ 128 GB / iPad mini Retina 128 GB WiFi / Apple TV 3rd Gen / Microsoft Xbox One / Sony PS3 Slim 250 GB / Netgear R7000 Nighthawk / Synology DiskStation DS413j

Liked
    45 times
    Real Name
    Vic Arias

Anyone with Ipad 1 who updated to 5.1.1? Any experiences to share? Any noticeable improvements? Mine is currently 5.1

Liked
    12 times
    Real Name
    Pael Zuniga

After i upgraded, personal hotspot feature was removed. Anybody else who have this issue?

Update: found it!

Liked
    9 times
    Real Name
    Patrick Oliveros

After i updated, the location services seems awry. Location on wifi would point me to Pitcairn islands on various hotspots.

Liked
    119 times
    Real Name
    Allen Yumul

updated the ipod touch for 5 hours via itunes here in the province of timbuktu (napuyat ako). thanks to this thread, the ipad took only a few minutes OTA. too bad, didn't read in sooner.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast