Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

iOS 5.1.1 out now!

This is a discussion on iOS 5.1.1 out now! within the iOS & iOS Apps forums, part of the Software MUG - Troubleshooting and Discussion category; just curious why iOS 5.1.1 was not heard even leaked on technology blog sites?...

Liked
    13 times
    Real Name
    Mark

just curious why iOS 5.1.1 was not heard even leaked on technology blog sites?

Liked
    8 times

Default Re: iOS 5.1.1 out now!

Tried downloading it kanina OTA via my bayanDSL wifi but was afraid it might take too long so I connected it on my iMac. It said it would take about 8 hours so I disconnected it and downloaded via OTA; took 10 mins lang to update.

Liked
    36 times

Default iOS 5.1.1 out now!

I never heard of this update. My iphone just shut off a while ago even if it still have 40% left battery. I tried a few tries switching it on, now its on again after i long press simultaneously the power and home button. Then i go to the updates and found about this.

I am not sure if the update caused the shutdown since my phone was not even connected to the internet when it went off.

Sent from my iPad2 16gb WiFi + 3G using Tapatalk
    iPhone 4 8gb. iPad 2 16gb 3g.

Liked
    4 times

Quote Originally Posted by alanis_junkie View Post
    I may have read that this update also includes the ability to delete photos from photo stream, been waiting for this. Anyone can confirm? I haven't updated mine, might do it over the weekend pa. Thanks!
    i think this is not included in 5.1.1.
    but yes, deleting photos from photostream is possible.

Liked
    126 times
    Real Name
    Sonny Cruz

IOS 5.1 can delete photos from photostream....
    team applei.ph alumni

Hi all,

It would be my first time to update my ipod touch 4th gen. Do I have to do a back up first so I can retain my apps? Synced media (music and videos) is not a concern since I always have a copy of them. Where to back up? Using iTunes or in iCloud?

Would you guys recommend updating OTA since it would only take a few minutes?

Can anyone elaborate the "hotspot" issue? Please bear with me. Just owned my ipod a couple of months ago and it still is in 5.0. :P

Thanks in advance!

Liked
    66 times

Quote Originally Posted by donski View Post
    Hi all,

It would be my first time to update my ipod touch 4th gen. Do I have to do a back up first so I can retain my apps? Synced media (music and videos) is not a concern since I always have a copy of them. Where to back up? Using iTunes or in iCloud?

Would you guys recommend updating OTA since it would only take a few minutes?

Can anyone elaborate the "hotspot" issue? Please bear with me. Just owned my ipod a couple of months ago and it still is in 5.0. :P

Thanks in advance!
    Definitely backup, even if you're not going to update. The update SHOULD keep everything intact. Do it OTA.

When you say "hotspot" issue, do you mean the Mobile Hotspot feature? That's only applicable to 3G/4G capable iOS devices.

Backup to iTunes -- fast, no Internet connection needed. It can backup via USB or WiFi (your computer has to be left on if you want to backup over WiFi automatically). Much faster to restore vs. iCloud.

Backup to iCloud -- convenient, it'll backup when you're plugged in and have an Internet connection. You don't need a computer to backup. Can take much longer to restore though, it will need to re-download all the apps when you do a restore.
    Mac Switcher since February 24, 2003
    13" MacBook Pro (Retina Late 2013) 2.6 GHz Core i5 / 8 GB / 500 GB
    iPhone 5 32 GB / iPad mini 64 GB WiFi / Apple TV 3rd Gen / Panasonic Lumix LX5 White / Microsoft Xbox One / Sony PS3 Slim 250 GB / Synology DiskStation DS413j

^ Thanks a bunch Sir! I successfully updated my iPod. I did the back up through iTunes, disconnected and updated through wifi. I did so since I've read the update is around 800mb so it would take long. Nonetheless, it only took around 10 minutes to download OTA. Connected again on iTunes then restored. Everything's fine now. I'm just a bit scared doing updates since I don't know how to troubleshoot if ever. Hehe.

Regarding hotspot: I just came across it when I did a back-read and got a bit confused.

Quote Originally Posted by pels_17 View Post
    Battery issue was fixed since the 5.1
    I was wondering if it could improve the battery life of the 4s even further. Maybe run a bit more efficient than 5.1

Liked
    86 times

The only way you can improve the batt life is to turn off all radios except the cell radio, effectively making your smartphone lose most of its purpose. In which case you're better off just using a nokia or any cheap dumbphone.

Just a non-solicited advice: make a full use of your phone and don't worry about its battery. Just bring a charger with you and charge it whenever you can. Or buy external battery if you don't like the hassle of always charging it.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast