Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Do you think iPhone 4 will get iOS 7 support?

This is a discussion on Do you think iPhone 4 will get iOS 7 support? within the iOS & iOS Apps forums, part of the Software MUG - Troubleshooting and Discussion category; Im thinking of selling my ip4 if it doesn't get iOS 7 support...

Liked
    9 times

Default Do you think iPhone 4 will get iOS 7 support?

Im thinking of selling my ip4 if it doesn't get iOS 7 support

Liked
    15 times
    Real Name
    Rommel Suganob

Default Re: Do you think iPhone 4 will get iOS 7 support?

I think so but im betting it would be limited to some features only

Liked
    88 times

Yes, but I can't say the same for the 3gs.

Liked
    6 times

I think the ip4 will still get the iOS 7 support but not the 3GS, just my hunch...

Liked
    7 times
    Real Name
    Vincent Aaron S. Silverio

If rumors are true that iOS7 would be "flat", then I assume it would demand more ram and processing power hence I think iP4 can still handle the mobile OS.

Liked
    13 times
    Real Name
    Ronnel Dado

Quote Originally Posted by bisentex View Post
    If rumors are true that iOS7 would be "flat", then I assume it would demand more ram and processing power hence I think iP4 can still handle the mobile OS.

Sorry but what do you mean by Flat?

Liked
    5 times

He probably means the software would have a "flat design" (much like the Windows Phone "Tiles" design), which iOS7 is rumored to sport under Jony Ive's design guidance.
    Macbook 2.16GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 1GB RAM

ice
    Liked
    261 times
    Real Name
    Ice Ang

I'm sure Apple will update the iPhone 4 to iOS 7... The iPhone 4 is still available from Apple's online store and it was also mentioned by Tim Cook during their 2Q earnings report.

Apple Q2 Earnings - Business Insider

China has an unusually large number of first time smartphone buyers and that's not lost on us.
    Have made iPhone 4 more affordable to make it more attractive to first time buyers.
    It will be strange if Apple stops updating a device they're strongly pushing in China/India

Once support for the 3Gs ends (maybe this year)... Sell your iPhone 4 since its last update might come next year

OT:

This is my big dilemma with the iPad 2, Apple immediately stopped updating the original iPad and I'm hoping the iPad 2 gets at least iOS 8 (next year) since I'm planning to upgrade around Dec 2014.

Liked
    3 times
    Real Name
    Joseph Paulo Cacanindin

Quote Originally Posted by ice View Post
    I'm sure Apple will update the iPhone 4 to iOS 7... The iPhone 4 is still available from Apple's online store and it was also mentioned by Tim Cook during their 2Q earnings report.

Apple Q2 Earnings - Business Insider

It will be strange if Apple stops updating a device they're strongly pushing in China/India

Once support for the 3Gs ends (maybe this year)... Sell your iPhone 4 since its last update might come next year

OT:

This is my big dilemma with the iPad 2, Apple immediately stopped updating the original iPad and I'm hoping the iPad 2 gets at least iOS 8 (next year) since I'm planning to upgrade around Dec 2014.
    If they stop support for iPad 2, have the same specs as the iPad 2? Then does that mean that the iPad Mini will also be affected?
    Macbook Pro late 2011, iPhone 4, iPad Mini, Epiphone Les Paul Quilt Top Classic, Peavey Envoy 110, Boss GT-10, Nikon D600, Nikkor AF 50mm f/1.8D, Nikkor AF-S 24-85mm f/3.5-4.5G ED VR, Nikkor AF 80-200mm /f2.8D ED, Nikon SB700, Nikon SB800Fujifilm X-E1, Fujinon XF18mm f/2 R

ice
    Liked
    261 times
    Real Name
    Ice Ang

Quote Originally Posted by jpcacanindin View Post
    If they stop support for iPad 2, have the same specs as the iPad 2? Then does that mean that the iPad Mini will also be affected?
    Again... Sorry for the OT.

Based on my personal observation.

With Apple, its not about the specs. They can just decide to stop updating a specific device.

The 3Gs and iPad 1 both have 256MB Ram and the same GPU (PowerVR SGX535). Processor of the iPad is 1 GHz Cortex-A8 compared to the 3Gs' 600 MHz Cortex-A8 but the 3Gs received iOS 6.1.3 (the iPad's last update is 5.1.1)

iPad mini and iPad 2 has the same specs... but why didn't Apple give Siri to the iPad 2?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast