Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Page 257 of 257 FirstFirst ... 157207247255256257
Results 2,561 to 2,569 of 2569
Like Tree66Likes

NBA Season 2012

This is a discussion on NBA Season 2012 within the Sports and Fitness forums, part of the Fun MUG Stuff category; Just because LeBron won one won't stop the haters. I dislike LeBron and Kobe, but I respect their talents and ...

Liked
    281 times
    Real Name
    Eduardo A. Barrenechea II

Default Re: NBA Season 2012

Just because LeBron won one won't stop the haters. I dislike LeBron and Kobe, but I respect their talents and what they bring to the NBA. And I applaud his one ring (so far), but doesn't mean I have to like him.
    courage. wisdom. power.

Liked
    281 times
    Real Name
    Eduardo A. Barrenechea II

Quote Originally Posted by booblanco View Post
    i don't think OKC ever believed they could win it now. if they bought into anything, it's the 'you have to lose first before you win it all' crap.

and we all lost in the process: a letdown series.

Why Is Everyone Letting The Thunder Off The Hook?

I think just like LeBron was let off the hook easily in 2007, the Thunder are allowed to use youth and inexperience as a crutch, since it's the first time they've gone this far, and they've shown maturity far beyond their years. Bsides, they were close in games 2, 3 and 4, just that they just slipped up in the end. That's much better than what LeBron did in his first Finals in 2007, so if LeBron and the Cavs got off easy then, so too should OKC and KD.

Also, I think it's because of the unassuming (and more likable) nature of OKC's star, KD, compared to the flamboyant (self-proclamation as the Chosen One won't help one's image) style of LBJ. Since more seems to be expected of LeBron, he gets criticized more. But then again, he has no one else to blame for that but himself and his coddlers (Maverick Carter, Nike, the Cavs, etc). KD will eventually get his dose of criticism if he can't carry OKC to the title, but now isn't the time for that. Maybe if he's still ringless in 5-7 years' time.
    courage. wisdom. power.

Liked
    66 times

grrrr.. Spurs could have been a better match for this kind of miami team.
    But then i again, i cant say that this is a mismatch, since both teams battled their way through the finals, and is worthy of representing both division/conference.

Congrats Miami Heat. Still bitter though! I was eyeing for spurs and celtics matchup, for i dont wanna see these both team who reached the finals to be getting their champioship shot this season.
    Life was much simpler when Apple and Blackberry were just fruits. 

Liked
    6 times

Default NBA Season 2012

I'm just really happy for Shane Battier and Mike Miller getting to fulfill their championship dreams with the Heat. They might have taken a paycut or done it out of desperation, but they sure proved how valuable their skillsets could still be for any NBA team. Was really impressed with how Miller still managed to play all out, diving for loose balls and jumping high for rebounds, despite being in apparent pain
    Macbook 2.16GHz 1GB RAM with Superdrive

Liked
    7 times
    Real Name
    Bry Alejandro

Now Juwan Howard can retire. Im sick of seeing his air ball jumpshots. Go MIA!
    New iPad 16GB White WiFi / iPhone 4S 16GB Globe Locked White / 4.3GHz (OC) Intel Core i5-3570k / ATI Radeon 5770 / 8GB RAM / MSI Z77A-G45 / Aerocool VS3 Case / Aerocool X Strike 600W PSU / 1.75TB HD / LG 32LD460 / Panasonic Lumix GF2 20mm / Twitter: b2r1y

Liked
    3319 times
    Real Name
    Roland Benzon

Not one, not two, not three, not four... but millions!

Millions of haters just STFU.

Liked
    68 times

Seasons over. Now time to move on & stop the hate on both sides.
    "Photography is not about equipment. It is about "light." Digital and Analog cameras are only a medium. A $10,000 camera in the hands of a lousy photographer, will result in a lousy photograph. But a $10 camera in the hands of an excellent photographer, will give an excellent image." Anonymous

Liked
    19 times
    Real Name
    Paul Go

Let us closed this thread with this:

Mods pls kindly closed

Liked
    3319 times
    Real Name
    Roland Benzon

Quote Originally Posted by pajamas_001 View Post
    Let us closed this thread with this:

Mods pls kindly closed
    There is no need to compare LeBron with Kobe or MJ for two reasons: 1) Statistically, he is in between MJ/Kobe and Magic--alone. LeBron truly is in a league of his own. And 2) the GOAT debates are futile because Bill Russell (above with LeBron) has 11 rings--a number that may be as enduring as Joe DiMaggio's hitting streak.

Congratulations to every Heat player and staff, all Heat fans and non-haters.

As requested, thread is closed.