Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Page 92 of 111 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102 ... LastLast
Like Tree61Likes

MTB anyone? (mountain biking)

This is a discussion on MTB anyone? (mountain biking) within the Sports and Fitness forums, part of the Fun MUG Stuff category; Originally Posted by sam789 Want to start biking. Any recos on intro bikes to buy? Not familiar with brands, etc. ...

Default Re: MTB anyone? (mountain biking)

Quote Originally Posted by sam789 View Post
    Want to start biking. Any recos on intro bikes to buy? Not familiar with brands, etc. Thanks.
    plus one on this. started my solo ride a while ago here at our barangay and logged in a 13.8km ride. now, which bike will i be needing? main purpose is 70% on paved roads.. 30% on dirt.. will be using it 3-4x a week on a 1-2.5 hour rides..
    creativity rules

Liked
    7 times
    Real Name
    Nolan Empalmado

Quote Originally Posted by imagineer View Post
    plus one on this. started my solo ride a while ago here at our barangay and logged in a 13.8km ride. now, which bike will i be needing? main purpose is 70% on paved roads.. 30% on dirt.. will be using it 3-4x a week on a 1-2.5 hour rides..
    what's your budget for your ride?

Liked
    14 times

Quote Originally Posted by imagineer View Post
    my first bike was a vision 15" frame with an slx groupset and mavic wheelset.
    served me well enough, mainly trail use though.

Liked
    9 times

I stopped biking 2 years ago, and yesterday, I build a new MTB, an All Black Setup Ells Epiphany... so excited to hit the trails tomorrow...

For those riding MTB, do you have 2nd phone? or using Lifeproof case? 2 years ago, I'm using a different phone, and not sure if I will use my 4s.. and what good apps to map my ride?

Here my latest bike:

Thanks

Liked
    109 times
    Real Name
    Randy Rivera

get a lifeproof or an otterbox armor (coming soon.) IMOO, it's a must for iPhone users if you'll use it for mt biking. hassle to swap sims (micro), also placing it inside ziplocks/waterproof pouches creates moisture inside.

i was mountain biking while Ondoy released its fury. all my gadgets got wet. Same goes with my ride with Mina, same story.

Ride with Ondoy

And my ride with Typhoon Mina

I've tried using those waterproof pouches, but somehow, kahit na waterproof pa siya, moisture still gets inside I don't know why. I've tried putting in a piece of cloth inside with the phone, medyo nabawasan. Right now, I am using a Pelican case, but the problem is, whenever I need to access my phone, nababasa pa rin.

So yun, lifeproof or maybe the Otterbox Armor series is what you need.

Quote Originally Posted by ch4r13s View Post
    and what good apps to map my ride?
    you said it, MapMyRide is the best, available to iOs and Android.
    Last edited by randyrivera; 06-01-2012 at 06:25 PM.

Liked
    397 times
    Real Name
    Gino R. Punsalan

Now why do you go riding in a typhoon?
    MacBook Air 11.6"  Airport Extreme Base Station  Apple Magic Mouse  iPad 2  iPad 4  iPod Touch 4

What's a good cheap MTB clipless pedals would you recommend? I've been spoiled by my Speedplay Zero's on my tri bike so I was looking for something with similar features as my speedplays - dual side entry, easy to clip in (stomp and go, no point the toes and heel in) and easy to clip out (heel out, no more heel drop and out)

Liked
    2860 times
    Real Name
    Roland Benzon

^i use speedplay zeros too, on my road and tri bikes, but i am not aware of mtb equivalents because mountain biking is not about aerodynamics. speedplay made syzr mtb pedals a year or so ago, but they are quite different from zeros. besides, i haven't seen those locally.

i used to use crank brothers eggbeater pedals, which has a four-side entry. but i found shimano spd pedals easier to cleat/uncleat. plus it is more common. so your cleats will allow you to easily test ride your friends' bike(s)--which is more common in mtb than in road/tri cycling.

Sige, will try and look for Shimano SPDs. What I'm looking for doesn't need to be aero or something. I just miss the feel of having the power during the up cycle of the crank. Also, my bike handling is a bit iffy so I can't afford a hard to clip on pedals. If I remember right they only costs 5k below + shoes doesn't costs as much as my LG Carbon shoes. Plus I could use them for cycling class at fitness first gyms.

Liked
    2 times

Most mtb pedals are about ease of exit/entry so most pedals would be what you describe. Having tried a few I find Shimano SPDs to be the best. There are new Speedplays for mtb on the market but they have yet to land here.

Page 92 of 111 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102 ... LastLast