Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Like Tree93Likes

ANIMo: Blue Eagles Shoot for Six (UAAP Season 76)

This is a discussion on ANIMo: Blue Eagles Shoot for Six (UAAP Season 76) within the Sports and Fitness forums, part of the Fun MUG Stuff category; Let's wait and see first who will actually coach the team for the next season. Perasol is another MVP employee. ...

Liked
    1655 times
    Real Name
    Johannes Sia

Default Re: ANIMo: Blue Eagles Shoot for Six (UAAP Season 76)

Let's wait and see first who will actually coach the team for the next season. Perasol is another MVP employee. If this article is accurate, we'll find out tomorrow if Perasol will stay on as coach or follow MVP to UP, where he might serve as consultant to Coach Dandan of the Fighting Maroons. If he does the latter, Sandy could most likely assume coaching duties (unless MVP hauls them all to Coach Norman's team in the PBA as well).

BusinessMirror - Perasol or Arespacochaga at Ateneo?
    "Dapat mahusay at matino..." - Jesse Robredo

The kitchen is not a democracy.

Liked
    49 times
    Real Name
    Leo Fores

I saw Arepacochaga & Gene Afable with Norman Black when he coached his comeback game in the PBA the day after the UAAP win.
    + A M D G

Liked
    24 times

Well pana panahon lang naman yan. Nagpapalakas din yung ibang schools.
    Macbook Pro 13" 750 GB Core I5 2.3 GHZ | Classic Ipod 160 GB | Iphone 4S 16 GB White

Liked
    53 times
    Real Name
    Daniel Umali

The 6 peat is achievable but unlike the past couple of years where you were almost sure that Ateneo will win the championship. The 6th championship will be the sweetest amongst them all if Ateneo wins them. This will be similar to the 3rd championship where Ateneo really surprised people because that was supposed to be FEU's year. They had the best team and experience which was why they were the favorites that year. Ateneo needs a big man off the bench. Juami, Ravena and Buenafe (if he stays) can hold the wing positions. The frontline is the problem. NU will be stronger next year and UST is still intact. Though I think the favorites next year will be NU with their current core and new recruits.

Liked
    74 times

Quote Originally Posted by docjbr View Post
    I lke Newsome. I just hope he turns out more to be like Parks (a little farfetched), and more than Silungan Same position nga lang as Buenafe and Kiefer, wing guys.
    As has been discussed in another forum (which i think you are also part of, docjbr), maybe Ryan can slide into the PF spot from time to time next season. This will solve the dilemma of having to choose between him and Newsome. Magaling naman pumoste at magrebound si Ryan eh. And him playing in the 4th spot will open up the lane for our slashers like Kiefer kasi the opposing PF will have to respect Ryan's perimeter shooting also. On defense, Ryan has the wiles to compensate for any height advantage the opposing PF might have.

This is of course assuming that Ryan will stay for one more year. Pero personally I think he is better off foregoing the PBA muna kasi wala pa rin sa condition yung katawan nya eh. The extra year will help him shed off the excess pounds.

Liked
    360 times
    Real Name
    Jay Racoma

Sliding Ryan to the PF slot will bring back the days of Jai Reyes and Eman Monfort, when Ateneo lorded it over with the fast break. Awesome players who knew how to finish like Chris Tiu, Eric Salamat, and Kirk Long, will be replaced by Kiefer, Newsome, maybe even Pessumal. But those teams had dominant rebounders like Rabeh/Baclao, and Greg last year. If you guys noticed, we didn't really break as much this year.But that's pretty much what you want with small ball.

Next year, some teams like UE and NU, will be parading twin towers. Heck, even Lasalle sometimes would put in AVO and The Bear together at the same time. Those are probably the times that Ryan wouldn't be a great idea at the 4.
    Black Macbook 2.16GHz 3GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM 500 GB HDD Superdrive
    iPhone 5 32GB iPad Mini 16GB iPad 32GB iPod Black 30GB
    Diehard Atenista

Liked
    280 times
    Real Name
    Eduardo A. Barrenechea II

UAAP: Perasol parts ways with Ateneo 'amicably' | Sports | GMA News Online | The Go-To Site for Filipinos Everywhere

As expected, Coach Perasol moves on from Ateneo. He is an MVP employee, after all, so this wasn't a huge surprise. Coach Sandy has been a longtime Ateneo coach (for both Seniors and Juniors teams), so I hope he stays on. If he becomes the next head coach, I can't complain.
    courage. wisdom. power.

Liked
    318 times
    Real Name
    Michael Bugayong

Quote Originally Posted by barre05 View Post
    UAAP: Perasol parts ways with Ateneo 'amicably' | Sports | GMA News Online | The Go-To Site for Filipinos Everywhere

As expected, Coach Perasol moves on from Ateneo. He is an MVP employee, after all, so this wasn't a huge surprise. Coach Sandy has been a longtime Ateneo coach (for both Seniors and Juniors teams), so I hope he stays on. If he becomes the next head coach, I can't complain.
    agree that Sandy (who's a batch mate of mine in high school hehe) might be a good choice to coach the eagles again.
    2.4 macbook unibody 4GB RAM 1TB HDD1.83 macbook 2GB RAM 500GB HDD
    airport expressipod touch 16GB ipad2 64GB wifi+3giphone 5s 32GBapple tv

Liked
    7 times
    Real Name
    Nolan Empalmado

I heard that even before Bo Perasol came into the picture, the first choice was Sandy. From what I know, he turned the position down which is why there was a search that eventually narrowed to Bo Perasol. With the recent changes, though, I'm not sure where Sandy will stand on this considering he already turned the position down previously. Note that Sandy is already head of the university's overall basketball program.

Liked
    74 times

Hahaha got this from the other Blue Eagle forum: Ryan Buenafe for playing coach. Pwede? Pwede!

Seriously though sana si Sandy na lang

Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 06-25-2013, 01:04 PM