Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

the world's best airports and airlines

This is a discussion on the world's best airports and airlines within the Travel forums, part of the Fun MUG Stuff category; Been in five out of ten. The best airport for me is Changi. Next would be HKIA. The best airlines ...

Liked
    2 times

Default Re: the world's best airports and airlines

Been in five out of ten.

The best airport for me is Changi. Next would be HKIA. The best airlines is Singapore Airlines, though I also like LAN.

I'd also include the worst airline I've tried -- Merpati
    Last edited by NeilJohn; 09-07-2010 at 11:22 AM.

Liked
    2 times

HKIA, Changi, and Amsterdam(was stuck in a 4 hour layover and the experience was very pleasant) for the airports.

Cathay for Airlines.

Liked
    152 times

Speaking of HKIA, the best experience there for me was arriving in the morning after a long flight from the US, checking into the Marco Polo lounge, doing morning rituals and showering in their very clean and modern and big personal bathrooms, and having a hot yummy Chinese breakfast, all for free.

After the connecting flight back to Manila, it felt like just a short trip overall, like I hadn't come all the way from the US.

Liked
    2988 times
    Real Name
    Roland Benzon

marginally, SQ is a better airline than CX. but since CX upgrades me 75% of the time and treats me better with lounge access more than SQ, despite similar mileage, i like CX better.

it's the whole experience that counts, including booking, check-in privileges, online promos, freebies (CX gives me one or two free tickets to HK every year, because of my Cathay VISA purchases). cathay treats me right!

and i like asean+HK cities best, because i can transit from europe or u.s. at 9am, take a day-trip shopping in the city without the visa hassles, then take the last flight out. i've done that transiting via HK, Sing, and BKK.

Liked
    450 times
    Real Name
    Roman Pido

5 out of 10. Gotta get out more!

If I can suggest an airline which I enjoyed a lot (on my way to Brazil)... South African Airways. The service/food/seats were fantastic even for economy class.

Liked
    697 times
    Real Name
    Mannix Manalo

Quote Originally Posted by AkoSiBatMan View Post
    Airlines - Delta Air!

Airport - Minnesota and Detroit -- Tie

I've only been to half of the airports on the list. detroit? it's ok except during winter. the train inside the terminal is cool. much like HK's.

best airline would be SQ/SIA. hands down. just too expensive.

Liked
    96 times

for air lines i prefer also Cathay and Singapore. Also had a great first time experience with Malaysia air.
    I think Cathay is the best followed closely by SQ....

KLM crew are mostly rude (ground and flight crew), zero overweight allowed, and me being dutch it says a lot that i flew to Amsterdam over HK with Cathay while i could fly directly with KLM, their service really sucks!
    My 70+ year old friend who is in a corset due to back pains couldn't put his luggage in the overhead compartment, the stewardess did not assist him, saying it was against dutch law to lift heavy! This was business class ha so another passenger assisted him.
    Air & Odor Management. Ambient scenting, air purifiers, odor control solutions www.aom.sg
    Pepper Lunch. F: www.facebook.com/pepperlunchphil
    Yakitori One. Japanese BBQ F: www.facebook.com/yakitorioneph

Quote Originally Posted by rbenzon View Post
    marginally, SQ is a better airline than CX. but since CX upgrades me 75% of the time and treats me better with lounge access more than SQ, despite similar mileage, i like CX better.

it's the whole experience that counts, including booking, check-in privileges, online promos, freebies (CX gives me one or two free tickets to HK every year, because of my Cathay VISA purchases). cathay treats me right!

and i like asean+HK cities best, because i can transit from europe or u.s. at 9am, take a day-trip shopping in the city without the visa hassles, then take the last flight out. i've done that transiting via HK, Sing, and BKK.
    this makes me want to check out CX.. though i'm pretty happy with Singapore airlines.. i like their lounge... pretty much has everything you need.. but for inflight comfort i prefer flying thai airways... royal silk vs. singapore airlines business class... royal silk takes the cake for me...

Liked
    805 times
    Real Name
    Butch Dalisay

by the way, for those who travel a lot on delta/formerly northwest (that's us pinoys!), delta has a new free iphone app. i installed it and, after keying in my skymiles number and other basic info, my US itinerary for next month appeared, very nicely....

http://www.apple.com/webapps/travel/...plication.html
     Old fountain pens, watches, cameras, hats, flushes and full houses, and all things Apple www.penmanila.ph

Liked
    102 times
    Real Name
    Richard Dy

I've been to one, but HKIA is not that bad, at least I have a template for how good an airport should be.

I traveled Cathay and its unbeatable. I'll be going to Singapore soon so I hope Changi would be as good (or better) than HKIA.
    |MacBook Pro 13 inch 2.4Ghz 4GB 250GB Mountain Lion 10.8.5|iPhone 5s Gray iOS 7.0.2|iPad Mini iOS 7.0.2|

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast