Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Roadtrip: Calaguas

This is a discussion on Roadtrip: Calaguas within the Travel forums, part of the Fun MUG Stuff category; Hi guys, Anybody here tried doing a roadtrip to Calaguas? I assume the jump-off point is Vinzons. Is there a ...

Liked
    42 times
    Real Name
    Rolly Ceballos

Default Roadtrip: Calaguas

Hi guys,

Anybody here tried doing a roadtrip to Calaguas? I assume the jump-off point is Vinzons. Is there a safe parking area you can recommend?
    Rolly
    A Black Macbook, a 2010 15" MBP and an iPhone

MobileJunkie blog | bacchus_3 flickr

Liked
    489 times
    Real Name
    Allan Poe Yu

Default Re: Roadtrip: Calaguas

went there last year and the place is the best beach i've been too ( counting Boracay less points for the over crowding). water is cold even at high noon. Bring a good tent and a good pair of walking shoes if you want to explore the village on the other side of the island. I bought coconut (buko) off a coconut tree for ten pesos each. No celphone signal on the island :-(

there is another jump off point in Paracale, Camarines Norte
    I went via Vinzons and there is no place to safely park in Vinzons unless you can arrange to park one of the houses nearby and take a TRICYCLE to the banca port
    Bring your own life vest as most commercial boats dont provide you with one. The port is a tight place and I am not aware of any public place to park

I have a house in Daet where you can park but the place is 12 kms away
    pictures I took of Calaguas
    Calaguas Beach | Facebook

Data Transmission Solution Provider Fiber Optic, copper, Wireless, PC-based PBX telephone system, IP cam security system, Distributed Video system
    AMDG

Liked
    6 times
    Real Name
    Reymond Concepcion

Liked
    46 times
    Real Name
    Laverne Esquivias

i just went to Calaguas last week. My wife lives in nearby town of Daet. We dropped off Vinzons. Boat for 1.5hrs. Better than Boracay but El Nido is the best. If you need a guide I can recommend you to my buddy who serve as our guide. No signal or electricity; you can buy food at a nearby town basta may guide. One of the best hidden places in the Philippines.
    BURN and JHOY MOBILE and CELLPHONE SERVICES
    Unit L30 Missouri Lane Grnd Flr Greenhills Theater Mall GSC San Juan City
    Contacts: 09152668972|09235898150|09394797288

Liked
    42 times
    Real Name
    Rolly Ceballos

Hmmm...so no option in Paracale too for parking? we might just look for parking outside Vinzon or Paracale if that's the case. Thanks!
    Rolly
    A Black Macbook, a 2010 15" MBP and an iPhone

MobileJunkie blog | bacchus_3 flickr

Liked
    4 times

wow this is a good find . care to share the itnerary :
    1. like riding a bus from manila to to where?
    2.from bus terminal to tricycle to port?
    3. best time to go here ?
    4. must bring item ? food ? water ?
    5. overnight ? or 2 nights ?

i guess we cannot bring kids since no electricity . =)

thank you

Liked
    1 times

@ bluechips,
    i suggest get a tour package, they will guide you from manila to calaguas (by bus).
    they prepare your tend and 3meals a day, worry free.

for kids, no issue as long they are 8 yrs old above.

tour package also privide you a generator from 6pm to 10pm for your gadget re-charge, like cam and ipods.
    cellphone are useless no telco signals.

you can search facebook calaguas for the packages.
    we been there last april 5,2012. i can say is Perfect get away! Just you/love ones and the beach.

have fun in calaguas...
    MBP 2.53GHz  Ipad 2 32BG  Lumix GX1

Liked
    489 times
    Real Name
    Allan Poe Yu

AFAIK, There is no regular boat trip to Calaguas, all are chartered for an overnight rate of 8k good for around 15 pax
    so it is a bad idea to just show up at the Paracale or Vinzons jump off point

You have to get a tour package or organize one yourself and look for a guide thru ll_esquivas ( see post above)
    Get one that is recommended by someone and not just someone whose reputation cant be verified (im sure you know this)

Bring food and lots of water. Cutesie gas ranges are useless because of the breeze or wind
    If you find yourself needing more supplies, there is a barangay on the opposite side of the island. I took the path on the right most side of the beach (POV of the water)
    be prepared for about a kilometer or so walk. Not to be done at night

there is a pay toilet and a water pump for a reasonable amount where we stayed...right most side of the beach
    there are cottages that could be rented open no bedroom type

Bring tent and pray that it doesn't rain during your stay
    Calaguas is strictly a summer venue as the seas can be rough other months of the year

I was in the area May 10 and I heard here was a medical mission on the island

Unless you have a chartered bus, your bus will take you to the town of DAET, Camarines Norte 350kms south of Manila and a good 8 hours by bus
    Jump off will be the call of your guide but the nearest one to Daet is Vinzons town
    Ask your guide/organizer to meet you in Daet, you can't take a tricycle to the boat port from Daet as it is around 10 to 12 kms away (guesstimated)
    best time to go is summer time. Ask your guide if he/she can provide all your required life vests

Best to go there is to be at the boat port at the break of dawn, stay overnight or two nights. Fresh food on your first day, canned or similar on your second then leave after immediately lunch
    While in Daet, try the pineapples, bring home some for your friends

If you need to stay in a hotel for a night, stay in Daet
    CamSur water sports is just about a hundred kilometers away
    where there is a regular plane schedule (Naga City, Camarines Sur)
    Data Transmission Solution Provider Fiber Optic, copper, Wireless, PC-based PBX telephone system, IP cam security system, Distributed Video system
    AMDG

Liked
    4 times

Thank you guys. Nice find here maybe ill plan this one for next summer. Just keep on updating

Liked
    10 times

Sharing a bicol infographic i saw at the Caltex Facebook page done in partnership with Our Awesome Planet :

"Calaguas is Bicol's last frontier. A two-hour boat ride from Vinzon's Port near Date over the rolling seas takes you to the pristine beauty of the island's Mahabang Buhangin. There is no resort yet, but this place is popular among trekkers and those seeking their own 'The Beach' experience"

You can download the printable / high-res pdf file here
    Last edited by nevinct; 05-21-2012 at 10:02 AM. Reason: edited html tag
    bad_boy likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast