Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Page 1 of 42 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

The 'Going to Baguio' Thread (merged)

This is a discussion on The 'Going to Baguio' Thread (merged) within the Travel forums, part of the Fun MUG Stuff category; Hey guys, What is the best road going to Baguio? One that has the least numer of potholes (lubak). I ...

Default The 'Going to Baguio' Thread (merged)

Hey guys,

What is the best road going to Baguio? One that has the least numer of potholes (lubak).
    I am planning to drive up next week, I am coming from Manila.
    Turn by turn instructions would be helpful.

Thanks.

Default Re: Road to Baguio

via Marcos Highway. The last time I passed it (a couple of years ago) it was pretty smooth (concrete). It's a bit longer route but probably the safest way up to Baguio. Naguillan Road is also acceptable. Don't remember passing that way that much.

For an expert's opinion, ask Gomi

Liked
    8 times
    Real Name
    Cris Brigoli

Take Marcos Hiway, it's the safest. Kennon Road is still passable but I'm not sure if it's safe. Take Naguilian if you want the longest route to Baguio.
    Mac Rulez!!! Promise!!!

Liked
    6 times

Baguio, here I come!!!! I've been planning a trip to Baguio for the longest time. This thread is like a nudge!
    Professional Photographer, NYC • Apple Certified Professional & Apple Certified Trainer, Aperture 1, 2 and 3
    Do you want to own and collect fine art photographs? Click here.

Liked
    58 times

Take Marcos Highway. Safest, fastest, no potholes (less, if there are)... Take Kennon, not as smooth as Marcos, and unsafe for some, but it is more scenic than Marcos and Naguilian Roads. Naguilian is the longest route as you have to go to Bauang, La Union.

To Kennon Road, turn right at Rosario (?) Rotunda.

To Marcos Highway, turn left at the rotunda, it's only a few kilometers away from there.

You won't get lost, there are signs to give you directions.

was in baguio last week. came up via Kennon Road which is approximately 26kms shorter compared to the smoother Marcos Hi-way route. Kennon is passable and potholes are tolerable. came down via Marcos Hi-way as I have to pass by Dagupan via the Damortis shortcut.

if you decide to take Kennon, from Manila, take a right turn after passing the caltex and shell stations in Rosario, La Union. you won't miss that, lots of road signs leading to it. by the way, i believe that shell station immediately before the turn is an open hotspot. you may want to drop by before going up.

HTH.

Real Name
    Gomi

It hasnt been raining here lately so Kennon is ok... but to be really sure just take Marcos Highway, which is longer and more vomit inducing

btw: the Petron station right in front of the Baguio General Hospital rotunda is an open hotspot, I usually go there when I get sick of working at home...
    Last edited by Gomi; 05-02-2006 at 05:43 PM.
    Mac OS X 10.10 + 15" MacBook Pro + Mac mini

Liked
    910 times
    Real Name
    Elbert Cuenca

I'm going to Baguio next month. I'm pro-kennon and anti Marcos, so Kennon is my choice. Besides, Kennon has great local support. (that was a photog joke).

I still don't know where I'll be staying. Can anyone suggest a decent, clean, semi classy and affordable hotel?

It's been five years since my last visit, I'm looking forward.
     Mid 2013 13" MacBook Air 1.3GHz 256GB • Late 2012 21.5-inch iMac 2.7GHz • Late 2010 11" MacBook Air 1.4GHz 64GB • Mid 2010 Mac mini 8GB RAM • 32GB iPhone 5S • 16GB Blue iPhone 5C • 64GB iPad Air • 2013 AirPort Extreme + AirPort Express • 3rd Gen AppleTV

www.steakroom.com

Real Name
    Gomi

Iggy's Place in South Drive... I could probably get you a discount, but no promises... it's peak season eh just let me know the exact days so I can check if it's free...
    Mac OS X 10.10 + 15" MacBook Pro + Mac mini

Quote Originally Posted by Gomi
    Iggy's Place in South Drive... I could probably get you a discount, but no promises... it's peak season eh just let me know the exact days so I can check if it's free...
    i also recommend iggy's. great service and nice food. i think the owner is also a mac user. not sure if he is a mugger but i believe he is in our sister site, pinoymac.org. as the chairman of philmug, you might get a good discount

Page 1 of 42 12311 ... LastLast