Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Like Tree1Likes

Can I drive in the US with my Philippine license?

This is a discussion on Can I drive in the US with my Philippine license? within the Travel forums, part of the Fun MUG Stuff category; AFAIK all you need is your locally issued license plus your passport with the i94....

Liked
    145 times

Default Re: Can I drive in the US with my Philippine license?

AFAIK all you need is your locally issued license plus your passport with the i94.
    If we have our own why of life, we shall get along with almost any how. óNietzsche

If you are visiting the US for a couple of months, you can use your passport but only to drive a rented car and must be at least 25 years old. This is because of the insurance that comes along with the rented car and this is only valid for 3 months.

I was able to this when I was in Florida.

Liked
    13 times
    Real Name
    olan san pascual

Last January we went to Anaheim, we rented a car infront of Disneyland, west katella. National is the name of the rent a car company.

Liked
    24 times

yes for 3 months only
    Macbook Pro 13" 750 GB Core I5 2.3 GHZ | Classic Ipod 160 GB | Iphone 4S 16 GB White

Liked
    26 times
    Real Name
    Rico Camus

Its important to check when you get there how long you can use your Philippine license. Laws vary from state to state. While 3 months is what is valid is California and other places, it might be different in others.

Liked
    1 times

i think it is better if you will bring your Philippines International Driving License just to be safe. just what they say different states different law.
    MacBook White 2.4 Ghz Intel Core 2 duo 160 GB 2 Gb Ram/ipod Nano 4 GB (with my wife)/Sony Ericsson P1/PSP Slim Spider Man Limited Edition/Skullcandy Head phone Ti and Hesh

Liked
    17 times

Technically it is not an international driver's LICENSE but a PERMIT. Though I have never seen one issued in the Philippines I had one issued in the U.S. and it was merely a translation of your driver's license, but it is not your license. You still need your license (Philippine, California, whatever) to drive.

I haven't bothered with an international driver's permit in years. I have never needed it in the US or elsewhere.

How long you can drive on a foreign license in the US depends upon which sovereign state you are in, but it only matters if you are moving to the U.S. and even then it is unlikely that anyone will check how long you have been in the U.S. Basically you can drive as long as you want in the U.S. until you are stopped for a speeding ticket or other moving violation For more details. Google "registery of motor vehicles" or "department of motor vehicles" for the state that you will move it. Again if you are just visiting, it doesn't matter.

Liked
    17 times

Best websites for car deals: Hotwire.com and Priceline.com, especially if you "name your own price"on the latter.

Some car companies will rent to those under 25 but you have to check and you may have to pay more. They may not rent to drivers under 25 from other countries, but check.

As a credit check, many companies require a credit card. Though you can pay in cash or use a debit card, they prefer to see a credit card because they conclude that if you are good enough to get a credit card then you are not that bad to take their car.

Many credit cards have car rental insurance. Check if yours does, then decide if you want their extra insurance. There are also third party car rental insurance available that is cheaper.
    raypin likes this.

Liked
    18 times

I don't know why you guys revived a two year old thread but this issue had been resolved. If you back read you are making the same answers/suggestions as previous posters.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

LinkBacks (?)