Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Page 63 of 101 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast
Like Tree69Likes

In search of the best STEAKs

This is a discussion on In search of the best STEAKs within the Food forums, part of the Fun MUG Stuff category; Congrats Doc! Elberts Steakroom is definitely the best place to celebrate...

Liked
    1065 times

Default Re: In search of the best STEAKs

Congrats Doc! Elberts Steakroom is definitely the best place to celebrate

Liked
    8 times
    Real Name
    Antonio Ray Ortiguera

Quote Originally Posted by lamski View Post
    This afternoon I bought a heavy cast iron grill pan that's pre-seasoned and non-stick. Then I bought a couple of 1" thick sirloin steaks. I come home only to find out that my stove has run out of gas. The steaks will have to wait till tomorrow. Oh well.
    Best steaks for me are what I make for myself. But that's just because I like them blood rare that even a novice can make them. Just add salt and pepper and slap it on a very hot pan or grill for a couple of seconds. Nothing too it for extra rare. With home made you can pour your money on quality meat and no need to pay for an expensive chef

Liked
    394 times
    Real Name
    Jay Racoma

Thanks guys! This day has been an unbelievable experience, I'm still so thankful to God for the blessings.

The best way to celebrate it? With a wonderful Super Prime from Elbert's! Man, that is what you call a steak experience. It's not a meal, it's a moment.

And the icing on the cake had to be this. I guess it was thru this thread, because in my excitement to get a table for tonight, I didn't mention to the person I talked with on the phone, what had just happened. Seriously, this was a very, very touching gesture Sir Elbert, and I am very, very grateful.

Today was an awesome day, I got to spend with my wife and parents (whom I let off their non-fat, non-salty for a meal) The search for the best steak ended here.
    Black Macbook 2.16GHz 3GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM 500 GB HDD Superdrive
    iPhone 5 32GB iPad Mini 16GB iPad 32GB iPod Black 30GB
    Diehard Atenista

Liked
    910 times
    Real Name
    Elbert Cuenca

Hi Doc Jay, it was our honor that you came to the Steak Room to celebrate. I have always believed that a steak is a celebration, that's why we do what we do in the way we do it.

Let me assure you though that you weren't treated any differently from the rest of my customers, except for the cake that is. hehe.

Cheers! Glad you came and enjoyed!
     Mid 2013 13" MacBook Air 1.3GHz 256GB • Late 2012 21.5-inch iMac 2.7GHz • Late 2010 11" MacBook Air 1.4GHz 64GB • Mid 2010 Mac mini 8GB RAM • 32GB iPhone 5S • 16GB Blue iPhone 5C • 64GB iPad Air • 2013 AirPort Extreme + AirPort Express • 3rd Gen AppleTV

www.steakroom.com

Liked
    95 times

Default In search of the best STEAKs

Quote Originally Posted by elbert View Post
    Hi Doc Jay, it was our honor that you came to the Steak Room to celebrate. I have always believed that a steak is a celebration, that's why we do what we do in the way we do it.

Let me assure you though that you weren't treated any differently from the rest of my customers, except for the cake that is. hehe.

Cheers! Glad you came and enjoyed!
    Up on this, have visited Elberts Steakroom discretely a number of times , never said or mentioned I knew Elbert but got always gotten excellent service nonetheless , still stand on saying it one of the best steak house I have been in the world.
    University of Toronto

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I took the one less traveled by,And that has made all the difference.

www.pinoyhotelier.com -Proponent of Filipino Hospitality

Liked
    394 times
    Real Name
    Jay Racoma

Quote Originally Posted by elbert View Post
    Oh yes, I wouldn't find that hard to believe After reading through the 60+ pages of this thread, and having yet to try it before last night, the numerous thanks I've seen people give you and your establishment, was enough for me to recommend Steak Room to a lot of people already. It's a really awesome place, Elbert! I just have to find another reason to celebrate soon!
    Diehard Atenista

Liked
    85 times

@doc good steak by itself is a good reason to celebrate :P

Liked
    281 times

Quote Originally Posted by docjbr View Post
    I just received great new today (an hour ago) that I passed my written board exams in Ophthalmology. On the list of my things to do right after? I just booked a table for 4 for Elbert's Steak Room tonight for my wife and parents. It'll be my first time there, and I think its the best place for me to celebrate this momentous occasion I can't wait!!!

Congrats!! We were in the same batch of interns at CSMC. If I recall correctly I bought an iPod you were selling several years ago.

Steaks..the best one I had was in a small town in Texas called Lubbock..Double Nickel. Had the filet mignon. Antonio's back home was alright.

http://www.doublenickelsteakhouse.com/
    If we have our own why of life, we shall get along with almost any how. —Nietzsche

Liked
    394 times
    Real Name
    Jay Racoma

Quote Originally Posted by hungryalien View Post
    @doc good steak by itself is a good reason to celebrate :P
    I must agree! This "tradition" takes me back to the 80's, when my Dad and Mom would bring me over to Alfredo's or Mario's on Tomas Morato, when I'd get honors in grade school. I recall the sizzling plate, the pouring of the gravy, and the thin steaks with burnt vegetables. I have different tastes now in steaks, I like 'em thick and medium, without any sauce, caveman style. But I do drop by those sizzling plate restos every once in a while, not for the steak itself, but just to stroll down memory lane. I leave the place wearing a smile

Quote Originally Posted by xthine View Post
    Congrats!! We were in the same batch of interns at CSMC. If I recall correctly I bought an iPod you were selling several years ago.

Steaks..the best one I had was in a small town in Texas called Lubbock..Double Nickel. Had the filet mignon. Antonio's back home was alright.

http://www.doublenickelsteakhouse.com/
    Ah yes, Christine! Haha, I remember that iPod, white pa, with the click wheel, 2nd Gen, I think. I bet those steaks in Texas are awesome, southerners know their steaks pretty well. Haven't been to Texas though, I've tried steaks in San Francisco, LA, and New York, it must be a must try to travel through Texas.

3 years ago, 2 friends of mine picked up an article of the 10 best burgers in America. They flew to New York, got a rental, and actually drove cross country, all the way to San Francisco in 7 days, stopping by 7 of those restos for burgers. Ah, to be single, free, and moneyed. How I wish I can do that for the Top 10 steaks of America. (Well not the single part, and it might not be a good idea for my heart, to eat 7 huge steaks in 7 days, hehe!
    Diehard Atenista

Liked
    1208 times

Quote Originally Posted by docjbr View Post
    I must agree! This "tradition" takes me back to the 80's, when my Dad and Mom would bring me over to Alfredo's or Mario's on Tomas Morato, when I'd get honors in grade school. I recall the sizzling plate, the pouring of the gravy, and the thin steaks with burnt vegetables. I have different tastes now in steaks, I like 'em thick and medium, without any sauce, caveman style. But I do drop by those sizzling plate restos every once in a while, not for the steak itself, but just to stroll down memory lane. I leave the place wearing a smile

Ah yes, Christine! Haha, I remember that iPod, white pa, with the click wheel, 2nd Gen, I think. I bet those steaks in Texas are awesome, southerners know their steaks pretty well. Haven't been to Texas though, I've tried steaks in San Francisco, LA, and New York, it must be a must try to travel through Texas.

3 years ago, 2 friends of mine picked up an article of the 10 best burgers in America. They flew to New York, got a rental, and actually drove cross country, all the way to San Francisco in 7 days, stopping by 7 of those restos for burgers. Ah, to be single, free, and moneyed. How I wish I can do that for the Top 10 steaks of America. (Well not the single part, and it might not be a good idea for my heart, to eat 7 huge steaks in 7 days, hehe!
    mm.....you forgot the to mention Mario's super Caesar's salad (Baguio-fresh iceberg lettuce, olive oil, bacon bits, crisp croutons, egg yolk, lemon, Lea and Perrin's, parmesan, and anchovies) freshly made right before your eyes. My family also had the same tradition: right after Sunday mass, we'd troop to either Mario's or Alfredo's. If I remember it correctly, the price of the steak was less than P250.00 - with dinner roll, soup and veggies na .
    Astell & Kern AK240 + iBasso DX100 + Hifiman HM801 + iPod Classic + Sony PCM-D100 + ATH W3000 ANV + Grado PS1000 + Heir Audio 8.0 + AKG K3003i + Sennheiser HD 800 + Fitear To Go! 334 + Shure 846 + Audeze LCD X + Oppo PM1 + Cypher Labs Theorem 720 + Alo Audio PanAm/Passport + Hifi M8 LX + Woo Audio WA7 / a slew of computer stuff from Apple & Microsoft, and a pear tree (I ate the stupid partridge)

Page 63 of 101 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast