Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Page 11 of 101 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast
Like Tree69Likes

In search of the best STEAKs

This is a discussion on In search of the best STEAKs within the Food forums, part of the Fun MUG Stuff category; Originally Posted by johannes Sometimes, this is because the restaurant/chef messed up in cooking the steak. But sometimes, this also ...

Liked
    229 times
    Real Name
    Gerry Los Banos

Default Re: In search of the best STEAKs

Quote Originally Posted by johannes View Post
    Sometimes, this is because the restaurant/chef messed up in cooking the steak.

But sometimes, this also happens when the chef served/dispatched the steak immediately, without letting it rest first. Given the proper time to rest, the meat's juices will have time to "retreat". Serve and cut it at once, and you'll have juices and blood all over your plate.
    But I love my steak that way! I always order them rare and enjoy watching the blood ooze onto the plate to mix with the worcestershire sauce (I don't lie steak sauce, kills the flavor of the meat). My wife says I must've been a barbarian in a past life. That's why, when I grill or fry my own steak, I make sure the heat is up really high so that it chars or sears the surface and locks in those delectable bloody juices!

Peter Luger's in Brooklyn is by far my favorite.

Mamou in Serendra tried copying their Peter Luger's style, but their meat quality is not the same and so is the taste.

For a really good steak in Manila, I think Elbert's is the best. I am partial to his Rib Eye, so tasty and juicy.
    Last edited by Ramon; 03-24-2008 at 07:40 PM.

you must try RAPS near de la salle taft it's not that cheap if you're in search of the big cuts. yum!!
    Macbook White (Donna) 2.2ghz, iPod shuffle 2nd gen Periwinkle 1 gb, iPod Nano 1st gen Black 4 gb, iPod Classic Black 80 gb, Acer Desktop (Cella) 2.8 ghz, Sony Cybershot T2

Liked
    407 times
    Real Name
    Jay Racoma

Quote Originally Posted by rotawheelswrx View Post
    I remember this. The Sizzling Station was at the back of the CAF and you would envy the people eating there. The sizzling plate meal was such a luxury for me back then. I would ask my mom for extra baon money sometimes so I could be able to eat there once in a while. The good old days.
    Pal! Pal!

Hehe, yup the sizzling station. Yum!

Liked
    97 times

Quote Originally Posted by Ramon View Post
    Peter Luger's in Brooklyn is by far my favorite.
    I agree Peter Luger is an excellent steak house but best I had was in Charlie Palmer in LV.
    University of Toronto

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I took the one less traveled by,And that has made all the difference.

www.pinoyhotelier.com -Proponent of Filipino Hospitality

Liked
    67 times
    Real Name
    Justin Rojas

Smile Re: In search of the best STEAKs

Great thread here. I am a steak man too and the best steak so far for me is at Melo's. Thats where i've eaten Great Steak since i was a kid. Theres one in Makati and one here near ABSCBN compound. I think its like P120/Oz not sure though....if thats the discounted rate already.

They are very consistent with quality. Its always Yummy. All the Marbling of a cornfed cow is just so heartattackfully delicious. My wife has hers toasted - she opts to separate the fat and has it cooked "Tostado" style.......not me hehehe. Dang this is making me hungry.

@Elbert, im very much looking forward to try your steak. Ive heard a lot about it from friends as well. Actually, ill be there monday dinner w/my wife, some friends their wives and my boss too. Good thing i bumped into this thread- the Super Prime Rib Eye looks my kinda beef.
    Last edited by shaft; 03-30-2008 at 12:13 AM.

Liked
    85 times

had dinner tonight sa mamou.. as usual, sarap ng steak nila

I'm partial to the steaks at Myron's in Rockwell and in Greenbelt 5. You can order the steaks in 3 different sizes and with an option for some foigras on top. Yummy! I also order my steaks medium rare to medium at the most. Not much of a sauce person though. I like tasting the meat.

I also like the steaks at Gullivers too.

@elbert, I haven't tried your steak yet but I've heard such wonderful things about it. I'll have to schedule with my husband for a dinner date at your place
    Proud owner of a black MacBook , paired with a wireless mighty mouse (for portability), a silver wacom bamboo fun (for home), backed up by an 80 G lacie brick (who needs a big brother), and a silver iPod Mini.

Just had lunch at the newish Wagyu place on the 5th floor of Podium.

The was nothing wrong with the steak, and it was tender, but it was very "eh". Nothing great at all. :s

For the price, I've most definitely had better elsewhere.

The best beef I'd had so far locally was the small-province Wagyu variant of Sushi Kappo Cobikicho, served teppanyaki style.

Elbert comes in second.

Third is the Kobe at Inagiku at Makati Shang. (I personally prefer it over Red)

My favorite though, if I remember right, is the Porterhouse w/ Fettucine Al Burro in the long-closed Seasons Intermezzo in the old Greenbelt. Every single birthday dinner I had since 13-til-it-closed was held there.
    Veritum dies aperit.

Quote Originally Posted by gpo74 View Post
    medium rare is the best way to go for eating good quality steak. the koreans have a dish where they serve beef raw with raw egg that is also good
    They call it "Yook Hue". Steak tartare Koreano style. I love it.
    Veritum dies aperit.

Page 11 of 101 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast