Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Peanut Butter lovers, anyone?

This is a discussion on Peanut Butter lovers, anyone? within the Food forums, part of the Fun MUG Stuff category; Love the peanut butter filled donuts from J.Co and Slice's chocnut cupcake...

Liked
    1 times

Default Re: Peanut Butter lovers, anyone?

Love the peanut butter filled donuts from J.Co and Slice's chocnut cupcake

Liked
    96 times

i just bought a couple of bottles of hand roasted all natural Almond Butter through the internet. Just a little of sea salt added. Pretty good on toast in the morning! I do like it a little sweeter but for an all natural product it is pretty nice
    Air & Odor Management. Ambient scenting, air purifiers, odor control solutions www.aom.sg
    Pepper Lunch. F: www.facebook.com/pepperlunchphil
    Yakitori One. Japanese BBQ F: www.facebook.com/yakitorioneph

Liked
    2 times

peanut butter + guava jam sandwich for breakfast. yum!

Liked
    5 times

PB&Co - Fish Diablo Pasta - Chili Peanut Butter, Spicy Tomato Sauce

Liked
    23 times

Anyone knows/ have a recipe for a home-made peanut/almond butter? Care to share? Thanks!

Liked
    96 times

Quote Originally Posted by mannyespejo View Post
    Anyone knows/ have a recipe for a home-made peanut/almond butter? Care to share? Thanks!
    i should be really as simple as "roasting peanuts in the oven till brown and then blend it". The natural oils in the nuts will smoothen it...
    Air & Odor Management. Ambient scenting, air purifiers, odor control solutions www.aom.sg

Liked
    57 times
    Real Name
    Justin Rojas

I just erased a photo sayang. Anyway. I used raw almonds from S&R. Put about 2 and a half cups in a blender. Took me almost one hour just to get it to smoothen out and become buttery. First 10minutes it will harden to a ball like paste. You have to scrape it off the sides of the blender. Keep on going until it becomes consistent enough that it will not require you to scrape it off the sides. My next batch I'll definitely put in more almonds cause its a bit labor intensive lol

Liked
    96 times

Quote Originally Posted by shaft View Post
    I just erased a photo sayang. Anyway. I used raw almonds from S&R. Put about 2 and a half cups in a blender. Took me almost one hour just to get it to smoothen out and become buttery. First 10minutes it will harden to a ball like paste. You have to scrape it off the sides of the blender. Keep on going until it becomes consistent enough that it will not require you to scrape it off the sides. My next batch I'll definitely put in more almonds cause its a bit labor intensive lol
    Raw almonds can be deadly, they have cyanide in them... you need to make sure the almonds are heated before blending. Roasting in the oven will be best plus it creates more flavor...

Homemade Nut Butter | Heather Eats Almond Butter

Liked
    57 times
    Real Name
    Justin Rojas

^@jeroen big thanks for that tip. Been eating almonds as a substitute for peanuts and cashews which aren't really true nuts but legumes. That's why almonds don't cause gout. They also are the only nut which is alkaline. Argh that would be so ironic if i get cyanide poisoning cause of this. Gonna lay low on almonds for awhile. Its usually my go to food when im hungry and stuck on the road.

C9
    Liked
    69 times

from wiki:

>>> The seeds of Prunus dulcis var. dulcis are predominately sweet,[23][24] but some individual trees produce seeds that are somewhat more bitter. The fruits fromPrunus dulcis var. amara are always bitter as are the kernels from other Prunus species like apricot, peach and cherry (to a lesser extent).
    The bitter almond is slightly broader and shorter than the sweet almond, and contains about 50% of the fixed oil that occurs in sweet almonds. It also contains the enzyme emulsin which, in the presence of water, acts on a soluble glucoside, amygdalin, yielding glucose, cyanide and the essential oil of bitter almonds, which is nearly pure benzaldehyde. Bitter almonds may yield from 4–9 mg of hydrogen cyanide per almond.[25][26] Extract of bitter almond was once used medicinally, but even in small doses, effects are severe, and in larger doses can be deadly; the cyanide must be removed before consumption.[27]
    All commercially grown almonds are of the "sweet" variety. <<<

Munch away!
    shaft likes this.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast