Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Page 17 of 60 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
Like Tree107Likes

Authentic Ramen House/Japanese Restaurant

This is a discussion on Authentic Ramen House/Japanese Restaurant within the Food forums, part of the Fun MUG Stuff category; Originally Posted by deepdiver Finally was able to try the dipping ramen of Mitsuyado Sei-Men and it was an epic ...

Liked
    4 times

Quote Originally Posted by deepdiver View Post
    Finally was able to try the dipping ramen of Mitsuyado Sei-Men and it was an epic fail. The broth/soup/dipping sauce, whatever it is called, tasted like reno liver spread. I ordered additional cheese in hope that it would mask the reno taste but it didn't help at all. Even the gyoza was not passable for me.

Maybe some like a hint of liver in their ramen but personally I like reno in my kaldareta or on slice of bread.

The place is cool though, nice ambiance but I wont be visiting it again.
    soup was a bit salty for me. but yes ambiance was nice, it was like youre in a street somewhere in japan.

Liked
    24 times

Default Re: Authentic Ramen House/Japanese Restaurant

Quote Originally Posted by ben2010 View Post
    i tried their miso ramen. price is 380. bowl is a bit smaller compared to other ramen resto.
    ramen was good; the bad thing is our order arrived after an hour...coz the waiter gave our orig order to another table. i guess they are still adjusting.:-( but will definitely go back.
    Thanks, will definitely try that

Liked
    24 times

soup was a bit salty for me. but yes ambiance was nice, it was like youre in a street somewhere in japan.
    This was also my observation, the soup was to salty for me that even after a few hours am still feeling thirsty, but my kids enjoyed the place

Liked
    891 times
    Real Name
    Elbert Cuenca

i tried their miso ramen. price is 380. bowl is a bit smaller compared to other ramen resto.
    ramen was good; the bad thing is our order arrived after an hour...coz the waiter gave our orig order to another table. i guess they are still adjusting.:-( but will definitely go back.
    Sorry about that! We've had a few such instances of bowls arriving in the wrong table. No excuses and we make sure to learn from those mistakes. Thank you for your understanding.

To be honest, we are no open yet. As I've posted in our FB page:

We have production limitations at the moment and so run out of soup early. Sometimes the soup allocation's consumed as early as 12noon lunch and at 7:30pm during dinner. The soup comes from 12 hours of boiling pork bone (tonkotsu). That is the base of all our soups.

We are using this limited capacity as an opportunity to ease into things slowly and iron all the kinks. We apologize to all who are inconvenienced by it.

By January, we will be able to go into full operation.

Just to give you a background, our ramen recipe is a direct descendant of ramen god Yamagishi Kazuo. He is now over 80 years old, in a wheelchair, but manages to visit his ramen shops from time to time. He is the inventor of tsukemen, or dipping ramen.

Ramenate!:

His next in line, or who they like to call the "son of the ramen god", is Koji Tashiro. Tashiro himself is a ramen champion and is the judge of the Ramen Champion. That's him in the middle. He also heads the yearly ramen festival in Tokyo.

Under Tashiro is Hideaki Aoyama, himself a ramen champion, representing Narita in the picture above.

Aoyama is the direct boss of our current chef Takane. Essentially, our guy is just three levels down from the ramen god Yamagishi.

Takane's job is to ensure we are true to the ramen recipes of Yamagishi. Both Aoyama and Tashiro will visit our restaurant next week to check on things.

If you want to try our ramen, please come early, as in 11:30am for lunch and 6:30pm for dinner.

Thanks.
    Last edited by elbert; 12-11-2012 at 05:14 PM.
     Mid 2013 13" MacBook Air 1.3GHz 256GB Late 2012 21.5-inch iMac 2.7GHz Late 2010 11" MacBook Air 1.4GHz 64GB Mid 2010 Mac mini 8GB RAM 32GB iPhone 5S 16GB Blue iPhone 5C 64GB iPad Air 2013 AirPort Extreme + AirPort Express 3rd Gen AppleTV

www.steakroom.com

Liked
    15 times

sir elbert, tried ramen yushoken last saturday evening with my family and we really really liked it

Question, it is because you are still "soft open" that the restraurant does not have fork and spook? Pardon the ignorance if its part of the ambiance and it was really meant to be that way. First time to into a restaurant that did not have a fork and spoon. I had with me, my wife, mom, and 2 kids (daughter and nice) and all are fork and spoon users. We asked for some last Saturday but the server said there were none. My mom and wife can wing it but we had to somehow improvise for my daughter (5 yrs old) and niece(6 yrs old) to be able to eat noodles - had to cut the noodles using soup spoon. Of course it was not easy.

Liked
    891 times
    Real Name
    Elbert Cuenca

Quote Originally Posted by 31gna View Post
    sir elbert, tried ramen yushoken last saturday evening with my family and we really really liked it

Question, it is because you are still "soft open" that the restraurant does not have fork and spook? Pardon the ignorance if its part of the ambiance and it was really meant to be that way. First time to into a restaurant that did not have a fork and spoon. I had with me, my wife, mom, and 2 kids (daughter and nice) and all are fork and spoon users. We asked for some last Saturday but the server said there were none. My mom and wife can wing it but we had to somehow improvise for my daughter (5 yrs old) and niece(6 yrs old) to be able to eat noodles - had to cut the noodles using soup spoon. Of course it was not easy.
    Yes, sorry about that but the lack of fork & spoon is intentional. The ramen god will not be happy if we had them in the restaurant. We also do not serve any coffee nor dessert, and we do not play any background music either. We are confident that the local market will appreciate the lengths we go through to deliver a truthful and purist ramen house experience.

If we had fork & spoon, then we might as well add a children's menu with hotdog and spaghetti. But then, we would no longer be a ramen house.

Thanks and we hope you understand.
     Mid 2013 13" MacBook Air 1.3GHz 256GB Late 2012 21.5-inch iMac 2.7GHz Late 2010 11" MacBook Air 1.4GHz 64GB Mid 2010 Mac mini 8GB RAM 32GB iPhone 5S 16GB Blue iPhone 5C 64GB iPad Air 2013 AirPort Extreme + AirPort Express 3rd Gen AppleTV

www.steakroom.com

Liked
    56 times

Just the concept makes me wanna try out your store Elbert. Where is it located?

Liked
    891 times
    Real Name
    Elbert Cuenca

Quote Originally Posted by Hero33 View Post
    Just the concept makes me wanna try out your store Elbert. Where is it located?
    It's in Molito Lifestyle
    Zapote cor. Madrigal Ave
    Alabang, Muntinlupa

located right beside Omakase, across the Puregold supermarket.

www.steakroom.com

Liked
    53 times
    Real Name
    Man Marbella

@ elbert - sorry but I had to ask this, but how to do you eat it properly? do you follow a sequence? I've watch "Tampopo" Japanese movie about ramen lol!

I frequent 2 Japanese restaurant - Tonkotsu Genya Ramen in Macapagal, which for me is perfect enough - exact size & the broth was divine and Octoboy in Morato, not a ramen house but good enough to go back again.

Liked
    281 times
    Real Name
    Eduardo A. Barrenechea II

Elbert, judging from the lengths you went to just to recreate that Japanese Ramen Resto feel (such as omitting the spoons and forks), it seems you're dead serious about this ramen endeavor of yours! Sign me up. Looking forward to trying out your ramen! I'm a fan of your CheeseSteak place, so I'm expecting great things from Ramen Yushoken! Kudos to you, my man!
    elbert likes this.
    courage. wisdom. power.

Page 17 of 60 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast