Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sonos

This is a discussion on Sonos within the Musicians and DJs forums, part of the Creative MUG Stuff category; Does anyone here use a Sonos system for their residence? Considering the number of musicians on this board, I'm surprised ...

Default Sonos

Does anyone here use a Sonos system for their residence?

Considering the number of musicians on this board, I'm surprised there hasn't been a thread on Sonos since.. 2004!

I just picked up a Sonos S5 for my apartment and was blown away by the ease of use, setup, and sound quality. And it's all controlled from my iPhone... doesn't get any better than that!

My Sonos S5 was purchased in the States, but I'm looking to buy a few components for a full-blown system in Manila. Does anyone know where one can get Sonos equipment, etc in the Philippines?

Thanks!

Liked
    1703 times
    Real Name
    Chito Limson

Default Re: Sonos

Try rbenzon's bro over at Architectural Audio (Greenbelt). Auditioned the Sonos there and was, like you, blown away by the sound quality and ease of use. However, I was blown away (out of the store, empty handed) by the price.
             

Yup, look for Chadd or Epoy. These guys do great work for residential audio...

Liked
    2 times

@ Chito (soloworx): That blown away bit was damn funny bud!!! Ahahahahaha That made my day!

Yeah the Sonos thing works real nice. I've seen and helped out some friends set it up. Thing is, (like what soloworx said) the price is still a bit too steep! It's like the Fatman's... When it came out here, it was hella nice. Tube technology and all but the price was hella ridiculous!

Liked
    738 times
    Real Name
    Mannix Manalo

Quote Originally Posted by danieldy View Post

Considering the number of musicians on this board, I'm surprised there hasn't been a thread on Sonos since.. 2004!

Thanks!
    it's probably because this is primarily a musicians' forum rather than one for audiophiles. so discussions are mostly about recording or dj equipment, musical instruments, & related gear more than about stuff for pure listening enjoyment. so the absence of any discussion here of sonos in general is not a knock on the brand nor an indication of any bias/ignorance on the part of posters here.

nonetheless, there are the occasional threads here on stereo equipment, both high & low end. & we do have our resident audio/stereophiles like soloworx, rbenzon,

on topic: I've always had something against wireless transmission of audio content, as there is a big difference in terms of quality when compared to cabled setups. do you find its output good enough?

Liked
    1703 times
    Real Name
    Chito Limson

You're right, I'll go for hard-wired anytime for discs or vinyl. I'd even go as far as cabling the amp and the speakers with wires thick enough to secure a small boat with.

But since the Sonos seems to cater to MP3s/AACs or even Lossless in the first place, there's not much more to lose when transmitting the music wirelessly.

There is a Social Club at PhilMUG called the Audiophile. Come and join!
             

Thanks for the referrals everyone!

Liked
    738 times
    Real Name
    Mannix Manalo

Quote Originally Posted by soloworx View Post
    There is a Social Club at PhilMUG called the Audiophile. Come and join!

although I wouldnt/couldnt call myself an audiophile, I took your advice and joined the group. perhaps I can pick up some good tips there. thanks

Liked
    13 times

Quote Originally Posted by soloworx View Post
    Try rbenzon's bro over at Architectural Audio (Greenbelt). Auditioned the Sonos there and was, like you, blown away by the sound quality and ease of use. However, I was blown away (out of the store, empty handed) by the price.
    Would like to know the local price for the Sonos S5? Does anyone know?
    Are going to have an EMG and want to know about it? http://rehabmed.blogspot.com/
    Why I got an iPod Touch 2G? Jan 2009 blog at http://edmundmd.blogspot.com/

Liked
    1703 times
    Real Name
    Chito Limson

Quote Originally Posted by Macmon View Post
    Would like to know the local price for the Sonos S5? Does anyone know?
    Call them up: +63 2 8116715
             

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast