Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Page 11 of 32 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Help audiophiles!! headphone purchase!

This is a discussion on Help audiophiles!! headphone purchase! within the Musicians and DJs forums, part of the Creative MUG Stuff category; +1 for audio technica, i have the cks90i and so happy with it, even sold my beats cuz i barely ...

Liked
    5 times

Default Re: Help audiophiles!! headphone purchase!

+1 for audio technica, i have the cks90i and so happy with it, even sold my beats cuz i barely used it (though im missing it) too bad they dont have it here though... im sure HK, SG, China has those

ice
    Liked
    261 times
    Real Name
    Ice Ang

just found a store that has demo units for Plattan.

they look good, but they're not for me (didnt like the fit and sound)

since I'm not rushing to get new headphones, I'll just wait and see.

Saw this article about SOL headphones, I think I can wait since my primary reason for getting better headphones is for my Dec holidays.

http://www.engadget.com/2011/08/23/s...s-we-go-hands/

Hi! I am contemplating a purchase, Klipsch S4/S4i or A-Jays Three or a Sennheiser Headphone (no specific model yet). I like to hear all the sound range, the High's, Mid's, and Low's. Music taste is very diverse, still love the bass (who doesn't? hehehe) Haven't got the chance to audition anything yet, the ones I want are all boxed up in the stores I have visited. If it can help, I have a Pioneer SE-CL21M and a Audio-Technica PRO700. Thanks!

Liked
    6 times
    Real Name
    Justin

Quote Originally Posted by iFrisk View Post
    Hi! I am contemplating a purchase, Klipsch S4/S4i or A-Jays Three or a Sennheiser Headphone (no specific model yet). I like to hear all the sound range, the High's, Mid's, and Low's. Music taste is very diverse, still love the bass (who doesn't? hehehe) Haven't got the chance to audition anything yet, the ones I want are all boxed up in the stores I have visited. If it can help, I have a Pioneer SE-CL21M and a Audio-Technica PRO700. Thanks!
    What genres do you listen to? Plus budget? IMO, the s4 is a great all rounder with plenty of impactful bass but it can get a bit harsh with its highs. The Jays is a bit more laid back compared to the Klipsch. Sennheisers is the most laid back among the three unless you're getting the HD25.
    iPod 4th Gen Monochrome 20GB, iPhone 4 32GB Black, HD25 Adidas Originals, Soundmagic PL11, iPod Touch 4th Gen 32GB, Klipsch S4, MacBook Pro 15 in C2D 2.66 320GB, MacBook Core Duo 2.0 60GB, PS3 slim 120GB, PS3 60GB 1st Gen

Quote Originally Posted by parallax View Post
    What genres do you listen to? Plus budget? IMO, the s4 is a great all rounder with plenty of impactful bass but it can get a bit harsh with its highs. The Jays is a bit more laid back compared to the Klipsch. Sennheisers is the most laid back among the three unless you're getting the HD25.
    genres, hmmm i am a trying hard sound tech so i need to familiarize myself with all the genres, but personally i am into alternative and hip-hop (talk about identity crisis hehehe) budget? 3K. so the s4 sometimes cannot handle highs? I hope i can audition a Klipsch. Thanks for the reply to my query.

p.s. I browse the forums, I dont seem to see any mention about Sony headphones, makes me wonder why. I have a friend who is dying to have his hand in any Sony MDR.

Torn between the marshal majors, which i auditioned many times, vs the senn px200-ii, which i havnt tried. The px-100s i have tried but nees closed phones coz i dont want sound to leek when i am on a plane.
    Price-wise, px series is ok.
    Help please.

Liked
    5 times

senn!

Liked
    6 times
    Real Name
    Justin

Quote Originally Posted by iFrisk View Post
    genres, hmmm i am a trying hard sound tech so i need to familiarize myself with all the genres, but personally i am into alternative and hip-hop (talk about identity crisis hehehe) budget? 3K. so the s4 sometimes cannot handle highs? I hope i can audition a Klipsch. Thanks for the reply to my query.

p.s. I browse the forums, I dont seem to see any mention about Sony headphones, makes me wonder why. I have a friend who is dying to have his hand in any Sony MDR.
    IMO, the klipsch handles highs well but that's just me. Many find the s4's highs harsh. The cymbal crash often have the tssssss sound. For me that's just okay as I find the sound more energetic that way. IMO, it's best paired with alternative and rock/metal. It will sound good also with hip-hop but IMO the Jays and Senns will pair better with that genre.

As for Sony headphones, if you want bass, the XB series is probably one the best budget basshead headphones. The V6, 7506, and 7509 are best for reference and rock plus they're cheap. Their ZX series, especially the 700 and 1000s, have great midrange and very underrated. I don't know much of their IEMs but the high end products are good according to audiophiles. Unfortunately, most of the headphones I mentioned are either out-of-stock or are only available online(amazon etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Chipstah View Post
    Torn between the marshal majors, which i auditioned many times, vs the senn px200-ii, which i havnt tried. The px-100s i have tried but nees closed phones coz i dont want sound to leek when i am on a plane.
    Price-wise, px series is ok.
    Help please.
    I think the Majors will be okay. I'm not sure where you can audition the PX200-iis. Maybe you can ask the sales people? Anyway, if you decide with the Marshalls, you won't regret it. You may want to look at this as IMO this is better than the Major although pricier http://www.asianic.com.ph/product/creative-aurvana-live
    iPod 4th Gen Monochrome 20GB, iPhone 4 32GB Black, HD25 Adidas Originals, Soundmagic PL11, iPod Touch 4th Gen 32GB, Klipsch S4, MacBook Pro 15 in C2D 2.66 320GB, MacBook Core Duo 2.0 60GB, PS3 slim 120GB, PS3 60GB 1st Gen

am using an audio technica m50, so happy

Quote Originally Posted by parallax View Post
    I think the Majors will be okay. I'm not sure where you can audition the PX200-iis. Maybe you can ask the sales people? Anyway, if you decide with the Marshalls, you won't regret it. You may want to look at this as IMO this is better than the Major although pricier http://www.asianic.com.ph/product/creative-aurvana-live
    Thanks! The only thing stopping me from buying the Majors is the price compared to the senns, and the fact that I haven't heard the Px200-ii's yet.

I listen to rock and alternative, with the occassional dance and pop music.

Anyone with px200-ii and marshals who can comment? anyone who has heard or used both for rock?

The creative is a bit pricey. Any other brand not over P4k?

Thanks all!

Page 11 of 32 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast