Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

View Poll Results: MBP or DLSR

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • MBP 13" 2.26 Ghz Core2Duo 4GB RAM 160GB HDD

48 87.27%
  • Canon 550D kit

7 12.73%
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

MBP or DSLR & why?

This is a discussion on MBP or DSLR & why? within the MUGPolls forums, part of the Archived Threads category; Okay, as the title says, I'm confused what to get. I'll be going back to Manila from Qatar on August. ...

Default MBP or DSLR & why?

Okay, as the title says, I'm confused what to get. I'll be going back to Manila from Qatar on August. And I'm planning to purchase one of these gadgets as a gift for myself for "working hard" abroad.

For the specs:

MBP 13" 2.26 Ghz. Core2Duo. Upgraded to 4GB DDR3 RAM, 160GB HDD (will be using my stock 320GB for this one). And as of today, according to Sir Charlie, I can get one for the price of approx, Php55k - with the 4GB RAM already.

Canon 550D kit. Comes with 18-55mm lens. 18Mpix and the works.

I just want to get your opinions for the pros and cons of acquiring one of these gadgets. I only want to purchase one since if I'll be getting both, medjo luho na e.

My max budget is Php 55k.
    10.6.8 | 5.0.0.681 | 5.03 Prome-3 | 4.3.4

Liked
    86 times
    Real Name
    Edric Evasco

Default Re: MBP or DSLR & why?

first one to vote! hahaha! I chose the MBP because if you make me choose between my Macbook Unibody and my DSLR, I'd pick my Macbook anyday though I love both of 'em.

RC

Since from your signature it looks like you already have more than one computer why get another one? unless of course you'll sell those to acquire the new one?

Anyhow my vote goes for a DSLR especially if you already have a computer to plug it into!

Also you can put the extra savings into external drives/compact cards etc...

Edited my Sig. I just want a new toy. But which one?

RC

Dude! come on!
    If you don't have a computer how will you share your photographs to your friends/world?

Quote Originally Posted by RC View Post
    Dude! come on!
    If you don't have a computer how will you share your photographs to your friends/world?
    Of course I have a laptop. Well, it's not worth sharing in my sig since the Apple software isn't running in an Apple hardware.

Liked
    13 times
    Real Name
    Arnold Arenas

The new Macbook Pros have come out... Maybe you should update your choices?
    Macbook Pro 13" 7,1 (Mid 2010 model) 2.4GHz Core 2 Duo, Geforce 320M, 8GB DDR3 1066 RAM, Western Digital Scorpio Black 500GB 7200RPM + Apple Magic Mouse / iPhone 5S 64GB / Canon SX50 HS 12MP 50x Optical Zoom + Canon Speedlite 270EX / AMD FX 6300 Hexacore 3.3 GHz, 4GB RAM + Radeon 7790 1GB + 1TB Seagate 7200 HD + 2TB Western Digital Caviar Green

Liked
    97 times

For me, I'd choose the MBP.

Why? I've already tried photography and realized that spending P50,000+ on a hobby I only casually partake in is not practical. I still have my old Canon 300D. Every time I have the urge to upgrade it, I just ask myself how many pics have I taken with it. That's enough to stop me from upgrading.

On the standpoint of utility, the MBP wins hands down. You can do a whole lot with it than a DSLR. It can even take pictures!

But if you want to take really good pictures, DSLR is your choice. You have to invest in building up your skills though otherwise no one will be able to tell if you took pictures with a DSLR or a cheap point-and-shoot.

Well, I had a MB before (white). I wanted to try out photography too so I was tempted to buy a DLSR (entry level - a second hand Nikon D80 maybe around 30k).

In the end I decided to upgrade to a unibody MBP 13" (I sold my old MB).

Reasons that made me do so:
    1. My work relies on computers.
    2. I use it on small freelancing (income generating).
    3. I love Apple products (who doesn't) and I use my Mac to sync them.
    4. for Video Gaming (Warcraft, Starcraft, COD, CIV etc.)

I a big pointer why I didn't get a DSLR yet is because I'm still new to photography and I decided to learn the basics and excel with it first.
    iPhone 2nd gen 8GB + iPod Classic 30GB + Sennheiser In-Ear CX95

"When in doubt...back out"

Liked
    1 times

Neither. For that amount of money, I'd have to be sure to what I really want or need. If I am half-hearted like this I'd rather save up for something else that I really really want or need and skip buyer's remorse after the initial gratification for a new toy wears off. -- yeah i know I sound like your grandma LOL

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast