Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

J5 Create JUD500 Ultra Station

This is a discussion on J5 Create JUD500 Ultra Station within the Other hardware discussions forums, part of the Hardware MUG - Troubleshooting and Discussion category; Has anybody tried this with their Macs? Amazon.com: J5 Create JUD500 Ultra Station: Computers & Accessories Here's there official product ...

Default J5 Create JUD500 Ultra Station

Has anybody tried this with their Macs?
    Amazon.com: J5 Create JUD500 Ultra Station: Computers & Accessories

Here's there official product site:
    JUD 500 Ultra Station

From the official product site, it says that HDMI audio passthrough and the audio port is not working (yet) for Macs. No problem with me on that as long as HDMI video works (so I could add a second external display for my Macbook Air) and the USB3 and LAN seems to be a bargain (not gigabit ether tho)

I think Yuga did a review but did not do a thorough review:
    J5 Create Ultra Station JUD500 laptop docking station | YugaTech | PC Labs

Whaddya guys think? Im leaning towards buying this rather than the Thunderbolt docks which are crazy expensive.
    Pogz | http://www.pogznet.com
    "Great moments they pass by if you're careless"
    iPhone 4S 16GB Black / 2.0ghz i7 MacBook Air 11" 8Gb RAM / iPad Mini 16GB Black

Default Re: J5 Create JUD500 Ultra Station

Ok for the benefit of everybody, I tried to message Yuga through Facebook but wasnt able to get a reply. I did some checking out of the website of J5 create and found a local distributor, boot.ph.

From the website of boot.ph I found out that they're distributing to Switch and Trilogy Boutique. I asked Switch CSB but they dont have it, Trilogy in ATC has them though.. Unfortunately, its quite expensive which was priced at 8,390 (JUD 500 Ultra Station) .. The other distributor, United Plexus doesnt have the JUD 500 (they do have the JUD 200 tho, the older model).

So I think the best option for me is purchase it in Amazon for like 120$ (around 4,900 as of this writing) and just have a relative bring it home whoever is going home.

Hope this post helps those who are also interested.

Default Re: J5 Create JUD500 Ultra Station

Doing further research, another contender is: Amazon.com: Toshiba Dynadock Docking Station (PA3927U1PRP): Computers & Accessories

Toshiba Dynadock Docking Station (PA3927U1PRP) or aptly called the Toshiba dynadock U3.0 Universal USB 3.0 Docking Station which belongs to the DL-3900 family luckily has an alpha driver for Mac. DisplayLink: Mac OS X Software

The Dynadock seems to be a better bet.