Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

MMS, Internet and FaceTime problems using Globe Prepaid on an AT&T iPhone

This is a discussion on MMS, Internet and FaceTime problems using Globe Prepaid on an AT&T iPhone within the iPod, Apple TV and other Apple-branded entertainment devices forums, part of the Hardware MUG - Troubleshooting and Discussion category; Hi Guys, I'm currently in the Philippines with my software-unlocked AT&T iPhone 4 I am using a prepaid Globe sim ...

Liked
    8 times

Default MMS, Internet and FaceTime problems using Globe Prepaid on an AT&T iPhone

Hi Guys,

I'm currently in the Philippines with my software-unlocked AT&T iPhone 4

I am using a prepaid Globe sim (cut into a micro sim)

I could get SMS and calls to work, but not MMS, 3G/GPRS, and FaceTime

I could not get FaceTime to go past the 'Waiting for Activation' notice

'Show My Caller ID' can not be turned off (not highlighted) and I could not change My Number (the Globe Prepaid Mobtel # appears)

I have already downloaded the Globe Prepaid APN carrier settings from unlockit.co.nz and tried resetting the network settings but to no avail

Under General > Network > it will only allow me to enable 3G and Cellular Data but no further changes or options can be made

Any help will be much appreciated, Thank you

Liked
    130 times
    Real Name
    Volts Sanchez

Default Re: MMS, Internet and FaceTime problems using Globe Prepaid on an AT&T iPhone

^The problem seems to be related (not saying "caused by," mind you) to the software unlocking, since factory unlocked units do not seem to have that problem here. As such, perhaps asking at Applei would yield you better results. We can't discuss anything related to your unlocking method here, after all
    Macbook Pro Core i5 2.4Ghz/iPad Mini 32GB Wi-Fi (Black)/Nexus S/iPhone 4 32GB (Black)/iPhone 3GS 32GB (Black)/iPhone 2G 8GB/iPod Touch G3 32GB/Nintendo DS Lite (Black)/Panasonic FS7 (Black)