Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

it's called iPod touch!

This is a discussion on it's called iPod touch! within the iPod, Apple TV and other Apple-branded entertainment devices forums, part of the Hardware MUG - Troubleshooting and Discussion category; A lot of the time it's not even about finding a shorter name but a lot of people really have ...

Liked
    2 times

Default Re: it's called iPod touch!

A lot of the time it's not even about finding a shorter name but a lot of people really have the wrong notion that it really is called "itouch".

Good to know that I am not alone in finding this truncation irritating.

Liked
    10 times

its just the same way when people started calling the Macintosh as the Mac. Language is dynamic, so let it be.

some other example - Coca Cola to Coke, the Refrigerator to "Frigidaire" (although generally, it reverted back). Companies take note of these and even adopted the new common term for their product -- and then registered it as their brand.
    Last edited by Tantantiniiin; 08-11-2009 at 01:10 PM.

Liked
    1 times

+1.

i'd rather people call it the touch, rather than the itouch. wonder if it's me, pero itouch just sounds wrong hehehe.
    2.4 Ghz MacBook | 1.42 Ghz iBook | 32GB 4G iPod touch | 30GB 5.5G iPod | Airport Express | Blog | Twitter

Liked
    581 times
    Real Name
    Roman Pido

I've always been actively correcting people who say iTouch as opposed to its proper name iPod touch.

"There's no Apple product called iTouch!"

Quote Originally Posted by fink View Post
    "itouch" "bora" "emba".. It's a Filipino thing, I guess
    some Filipinos feel social when they use some terms like these... what i hate is those pa-feeling social aka social climbers using terms like these... "We're goin' to emba later, wanna come?"... "I went to Bora last summer..." sheeesh....
    Last edited by Damire; 08-11-2009 at 02:12 PM.

Look at all the iPods Apple has released through the years with a modifier after the main "iPod" product name - iPod Video, iPod Mini, iPod nano, iPod Touch, etc.

When we get tamad to say the whole name of the iPod Mini, we just call it "the mini". Not an iMini.

When we get tamad to say the whole name of the iPod nano, we call it "the nano". Not an iNano.

So WHY do people take the liberty of bastardizing the iPod Touch's name into "the iTouch"??? It's irritating and am so pleased to know there are this many of you who feel the same way I do. Rrrgh!
    Samsung Galaxy Note | MacBook Pro 2.4Ghz Penryn 15" 4GB RAM | iPod nano 6G 8GB |
    Apple Airport Express | Ibanez Soundgear SR1300 Custom Bass
    Follow me on Twitter!
    | MDJSuperstar.com

Liked
    83 times
    Real Name
    Ken Tamayo

@ Mouse - I bet you want someone to iTouch you eh? hehehehe...
    Mid-2011 iMac 21.5 Core i5 2.5 Quad | Mid-2011 MBA 13 | Mid-2012 Macbook Pro Retina | Apple iPhone 6+ (128gb) | Apple iPad Mini Retina | Samsung GALAXY Note Pro 12.2 | Sony NEX 7 | Olympus OMD-EM5 kentama-yooooooo!

Liked
    177 times

Not to worry, there will be a product called iTouch sooner or later. If this writer is to be believed, pretty soon: Why Apple's iTouch Tablet Will Become Its Flagship Product.

Liked
    7 times

Quote Originally Posted by Tantantiniiin View Post
    its just the same way when people started calling the Macintosh as the Mac. Language is dynamic, so let it be.

some other example - Coca Cola to Coke, the Refrigerator to "Frigidaire" (although generally, it reverted back). Companies take note of these and even adopted the new common term for their product -- and then registered it as their brand.
    Yes dynamic indeed. Just like Federal Express, becoming FedEx and a noun, too. Like paki-FedEx mo naman ito or paki Xerox. Sabi nga ng guro ko sa unibersidad, pag-papalawak daw iyon ng kawikaan. ...but i correct people who say iTouch, and i'd say, "you mean iPod Touch? (sabay batok)
    MacBook Pro 2.4 l iMac 24" 2.8 Core 2 Extreme I iPhone 3G 16GB-B&W I www.springtimedesign.com

Liked
    3 times

i know you wouldn't like this thread at all!
    http://www.philmug.ph/forum/f70/itouch-applecare-your-two-cents-51207/
    iTouch Applecare. Your two cents? haha!

Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast