Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

SkyCable Broadband Help :(

This is a discussion on SkyCable Broadband Help :( within the General OT forums, part of the Fun MUG Stuff category; Hi guys, sorry for another help thread. Anyway, I'm trying to fix a modem/router setup. We have a PLDT subscription ...

Here and there... mostly there... sometimes in between.

Default SkyCable Broadband Help :(

Hi guys, sorry for another help thread. Anyway, I'm trying to fix a modem/router setup. We have a PLDT subscription at our other house and the router worked rather well, but now, I got a SkyCable Broadband subscription here, and I'm not familiar as to how to configure the router to talk with the modem properly. I believe the Sky is using a DHCP . I don't know how their settings at all!

If anyone's familiar with the SkyCable's settings, please help.

I don't plan on cheating Sky, just to be clear. I just need the Wifi for the iPhone and other mobile devices. But it's just me!

PS. I'm not entirely sure this is the right forum for this. If not, I'm sorry and please move this thread to its appropriate forum. TIA
    Ut In Omnibus Glorificetur Dei

Liked
    41 times

Default Re: SkyCable Broadband Help :(

Others will have better answers but my first guess from memory will be to:

1. Connect DIRECTLY to your SkyCable and not use your router.
    2. Open in Applications/Utilities folder your Network Utility app*
    3. That will tell you the default gateway address (example 192.168.1.1)

now shut down everything and

4. Connect your router WAN port (not labeled 1, 2, 3 or 4) to your SkyCable ETHERNET port.
    5. Turn everything back on and then after a few minutes reboot your computer that is plug into port 1, 2, 3 or 4.
    6. Open in Applications/Utilities folder your Network Utility app*
    7. That will tell you the default gateway address (example 192.168.1.1)

IF that number is the same as the first time - then your network will not work with both devices. You will then have to change the address in your router.

If you have a DD-WRT or TOMATO flashed router like the one I got from CDRKING then you simply type the "DEFAULT GATEWAY" address into your web browser - because it is also a web page.

Now you will see this and can select a new IP address.

If that was not the problem - then I am stuck also

NOTE: Step #2 and #6 are different if you are on that HP entertainment HTPC from your signature. If on that machine click START/RUN then type CMD and in the terminal window type IPCONFIG - to see gateway. OSX version of IPCONFIG is IFCONFIG if you use OSX terminal. for step #2 and #6.
    WHAT IF: You learned a "GOOGLE GLASS" was invented over 15 years ago - and the original author never got credit from Google :P made in 2009 ---> CLICK HERE <--- I hereby support every China Google-glass "clone"

Liked
    909 times
    Real Name
    Elbert Cuenca

this is the correct forum.

You are correct that SkyBroadband is dynamic, which means default settings on your router should work. No settings necessary.

If your PLDT DSL was not on DHCP, then you will need to change the settings of the router. Otherwise, you can just swap the ethernet cables and it should work. Best to reboot the router when you do, so that the IP address is forced to refresh.

It would be a good idea to restore your router to default settings and set it up with your personal preferences after (i.e. SSID, WPA2, etc.). Make sure that it has the latest firmware in it too.

If you are still experiencing routing issues, please be more specific as to what exactly the problem is and what router you are using,

PS. Routing the connection is not cheating them at all.
     Mid 2013 13" MacBook Air 1.3GHz 256GB Late 2012 21.5-inch iMac 2.7GHz Late 2010 11" MacBook Air 1.4GHz 64GB Mid 2010 Mac mini 8GB RAM 32GB iPhone 5S 16GB Blue iPhone 5C 64GB iPad Air 2013 AirPort Extreme + AirPort Express 3rd Gen AppleTV

www.steakroom.com

Liked
    50 times

try resetting your router. there's usually a button at the back of the router so it can go back to its default settings.

then try connecting it again by following the step-by-step instructions of your router or its manual.

Hi! I recently availed of SkyBroadband with 6mbps. It was great for browsing and torrent downloads. But after, my DL speeds are erratic. There are torrents with decent speed up to 400kbps and some at 1.5kbps, depending on the seeders. Its either extremely fast or slow download.

I tried downloading from our office and yet I get decent and consistent speeds of the same torrent.

Liked
    82 times

Did you get in touch with Sky already. They usually solve the problem immediately if they can.

Yes many times. All they say is remove the router and connect directly. I did a speed test and it gets 4-5.5mpbs which seems reasonable, however torrents DL's are now pretty slow. total speed of 60+- kbps.

I'm not sure if this is an issue with Vuze settings. I can't configure the ports as I always get a NAT error.

Liked
    48 times
    Real Name
    Eric Sanchez

Default SkyCable Broadband Help :(

Quote Originally Posted by Jason_10 View Post
    Yes many times. All they say is remove the router and connect directly. I did a speed test and it gets 4-5.5mpbs which seems reasonable, however torrents DL's are now pretty slow. total speed of 60+- kbps.

I'm not sure if this is an issue with Vuze settings. I can't configure the ports as I always get a NAT error.
    Vuze has always been a prob. I can never get more than 80kbps with the. I switched to transmission and problem solved. It could also be tha there are not enough seeders. BTW I'm also on sky 6mbps

Liked
    123 times
    Real Name
    Louie Salapare

Quote Originally Posted by Jason_10 View Post

Sky subscribers has been complaining about the torrent speed for some time now. Alternatively, you could use torrific.com to DL the torrent files by direct http.

Liked
    50 times

torrents are usually a pain for SkyBB users. aside from that, i noticed even just for browsing, SkyBB is a bit laggy lately. could be because of the number of people who spend their time online this holiday season.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast