Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Credit Card companies you recommend?

This is a discussion on Credit Card companies you recommend? within the General OT forums, part of the Fun MUG Stuff category; I use BDO. No problem so far and their customer service is quite good. It uses Mastercard so it is ...

Liked
    2 times

Default Re: Credit Card companies you recommend?

I use BDO. No problem so far and their customer service is quite good. It uses Mastercard so it is accepted virtually everywhere. You also get better service if you apply through a branch where you have an account. The tellers and account officers there are quite nice and knowledgeable. And since BDO has LOTS of branches, you can just go to the next branch to open an account if you do encounter the occassional "bad manager". And You can tie it up with their ShopMore card so you get points that you can use to buy stuff in SM or SM-owned stores.

Liked
    13 times
    Real Name
    Carlos Abania

I also recommend BDO. You'll also get an SM advantage card once approved. The reward points are also in Peso value unlike in other CC companies. Plus, you get to choose items from SM stores for you rewards.
    In Memoriam: 12" iBook G3 800Mhz Translucent White / UV2430SEN4Q (2002-2005), Mac mini G4 1.33Ghz / YM5375VJTA8 (2005-2006), 15" PowerBook G4 1.5Ghz SMS-BT2 / RM5503C3RG3 (2006-2011)
    In Service: 15" MacBook Pro i7 2.66Ghz / W810510MAGW (2011...

Liked
    166 times

Quote Originally Posted by pepspeps View Post
    Yeah, I suggest stay away from HSBC. I have 2 friends with bad experiences with them. Kadalasan late sila magpadala ng bill kaya magugulat ka na lang may charges ka na pala.
    Ok, I was particularly referring to HSBC's Mabuhay Miles Visa card. You get lots of free flights here (for constant travellers) that I am yet to see matched by other credit card companies. The 5% Caltex fuel rebate is also great. If these things matter to you, I still say HSBC Mabuhay Miles card is a good choice.
    13" Macbook Pro | iPhone 5s | iPad2 WiFi 32GB | Apple TV | 4th Gen iPod Touch 32GB | iPod Video 30GB | Magic Mouse |

Go with HSBC Mabuhay Miles VISA.

The customer service reps are snotty and mayabang, but the miles have been a good bonus - I've personally redeemed 6 roundtrip local flights on my card already. I THINK they're also the only non-BPI credit card that you can enroll into BPIExpressOnline.com for e-payment, in case that's how you like to do your banking.

Plus, their 24/7 Day & Night Centers are incredibly convenient for paying bills etc.
    Samsung Galaxy Note | MacBook Pro 2.4Ghz Penryn 15" 4GB RAM | iPod nano 6G 8GB |
    Apple Airport Express | Ibanez Soundgear SR1300 Custom Bass
    Follow me on Twitter!
    | MDJSuperstar.com

Liked
    2 times

Actually, if you can find a good deal for a credit card where they will waive your annual fees it would be a good idea to get multiple credit cards. And you can use the cards for a specific purpose. For example, the Shell Citibank which gives you a 5% (or is it 3%?) rebate when used at Shell, a good idea if you prefer shell over others. Or if you like Caltex, you can get HSBC and so on. You get the picture. But make sure that you will be able to pay off all these balances on time. Getting over dues will bring your credit rating down. But if you can maintain all of these, you will improve your credit rating overall.

Liked
    110 times
    Real Name
    Randy Rivera

BPI is the worst. Metrobank comes second worst.

Unionbank is a so-so and so is AIG. EastWest has the lowest rates.

Citibank Shell is the best for me. 5% rebate on gasoline. I get 1,500 pesos/month back just because of instant cash rebates. Plus the customer service is top notch. They have the most comprehensive online credit card website also.
    Last edited by randyrivera; 08-13-2009 at 03:05 PM.

spf
    Real Name
    S P Festin

Quote Originally Posted by Montblanc View Post
    Hi philmuggers,

I'm not sure if there was a thread about this but couldn't find one.

What credit cards do you use?

I'm thinking of changing credit card companies because of bad service (i.e. bpi) and your recommendations will be appreciated.
    TIA!
    I have experience with both HSBC and Citibank. In our case HSBC is a bit more lenient when it comes to payment. I always pay my credit card bill in full every month, but sometimes I forget to do it on the exact date and if I'm one or two days late HSBC does not charge me any late fees. Citibank though would charge me right away for being just a day late in payment.

I've heard though that Standard Chartered waives the annual fee if you charge at least Php 90,000/year on your card. I've been meaning to check that out ...

I am very happy with Citibank. They're customer service is tops. But never default on your payments.

AIG is very agressive when it come to loans, though.
    Charlie www.APCServiceCenter.ph
    MBP 13", iphone 4 32GB, time capsule, ipad 64GB, Canon EOS 400D

Liked
    17 times
    Real Name
    Mon Villar

bpi is very strict in granting cards.

anyway, for my cards, i have several but bpi and citibank are the best.

Quote Originally Posted by mag View Post
    they wont even let me have a credit card. denied palagi. people in my profession are supposedly in some sort of negative list. :slanted:
    MacBook Air i5 1.6Ghz 4GB 128GB | iPhone 5S 32GB Gold | iPad Mini Retina LTE 32GB Silver | MacBook Core2Duo 2.4Ghz 2GB 160GB White | Apple Magic Mouse | iPod Classic 80GB Black

Liked
    1 times

depends on the features of the card you are looking for.

In terms of mileage.. I use Citibank's premiere mile since it does not expire unlike HSBC's mabuhay miles which I also have. It is also partnered with 80 airlines.

BDO - depends on the card, I have the gold one and I am loving the installment packages for international trips.

For high end restaurants with freebies and lots of discounts, I suggest Standard Chartered.

I receive these cards as well but I did not activate it since in terms of credit limit and perks, they are not the best:

bpi, metro, aig, eastwest and the landmark credit card.

Also if you're not the kind of user who pays in full every cut off and always rely on the interest rates, go for local banks since you can talk to them in cases you need help amortizing your debts.

Also having lots of credit cards before, I prefer having one visa/mastercard and one amex/JCB
    Nuiko
    MacBook Aluminum 2.4GHZ | iMac 24" 2.66GHZ | iPhone 3G 16GB Black | iPad 16GB| MyBook 1TB | Canon 500D 18-55is | Netgear WNR3000 | Crumpler Bag - 4 Million Dollar and King Single

Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast