Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Time Capsule Wi-Fi Gets Cut Off When 2.4 GHz Wireless Phone is Used

This is a discussion on Time Capsule Wi-Fi Gets Cut Off When 2.4 GHz Wireless Phone is Used within the Time Capsule, AirPort Extreme, AirPort Express forums, part of the Hardware MUG - Troubleshooting and Discussion category; My Wi-Fi gets cut off every time one of the wireless phones (using 2.4GHz) is used. The Time Capsule uses ...

Default Time Capsule Wi-Fi Gets Cut Off When 2.4 GHz Wireless Phone is Used

My Wi-Fi gets cut off every time one of the wireless phones (using 2.4GHz) is used.

The Time Capsule uses 2.4 and 5GHz simultaneously due to the possibility of interference with wireless phones using 2.4GHz right?

Can anyone suggest a way to resolve this aside from replacing or not using the 2.4GHz wireless phone?

Liked
    154 times

Default Re: Time Capsule Wi-Fi Gets Cut Off When 2.4 GHz Wireless Phone is Used

If your wifi devices support it, use the 5Ghz band only for the Time Capsule.
    You can set this up using Airport Utility.

Or move the wireless phone base to a different location.

Liked
    52 times
    Real Name
    Willy Yu

me too when I have a Panasonic 2.4ghz wireless phone, it cutoof all my wireless connections,
    so I have to exchange with my wife's phone in her store,
    sayang thats the best wireless phone I ever used, 7 days usage without charging, more than a month standby, long range and crystal clear, auto channeling privacy and encrypted dialing pa,

Tried isolating it again last night. Wi-Fi did not get cut off. Hmmmm. So not really consistent with the cut-off of the Wi-Fi.

Real Name
    GJ Jimenez

if you are on dsl, you may want to check too if your line/modem splitter filter is not faulty.

@gjtech - that was actually the first thing I checked when I experience the loss of the Wi-Fi. I even restarted everything up to the cable modem. I then noticed that when the 2.4GHz chordless phone was being used, duon nawalala yung Wi-Fi.

Intermittent din yung problem. Well, tiyempo na lang ako ng sale na chordless phone para mapalitan na yung lumang 2.4GHz unit na yun.

This problem turned out to be a blessing. I told by friend in NY about this problem. He solved it by buying me a 6.0GHz chordless phone and will bring it to me when he visits in October - one of his pasalubongs. Eventually I can already replace the 2.4GHz phone. Inaarbor na ng ng pamangkin ko yung phone. Ang bilis.