Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

SmartBro Canopy Data / Bandwidth Cap

This is a discussion on SmartBro Canopy Data / Bandwidth Cap within the Time Capsule, AirPort Extreme, AirPort Express forums, part of the Hardware MUG - Troubleshooting and Discussion category; My canopy connection is down. I called *1888. They asked for my SRN. Upon checking, they are doing maintenance work ...

Liked
    468 times
    Real Name
    Ish Guidote

My canopy connection is down. I called *1888. They asked for my SRN. Upon checking, they are doing maintenance work in my area's base station. Hoping I can ask for a bill reversal for the period covering this so-called maintenance.
    Formerly danceyourpain
    MacBook Air 13 | iMac 21.5 | iPad Air | iPhone 5s | iPod touch 5
    FB | Tw | IG

Liked
    15 times
    Real Name
    Jefferson Corduwa

Default Re: SmartBro Canopy Data / Bandwidth Cap

Quote Originally Posted by boobtubefreak View Post
    Me too! we weren't formally informed about it and what pisses me off is I can't use my wifi router now when I called customer service they said that now you can only use it for one unit so no wifi from now on grrr! good thing my contract is only upto June of this year so I guess it's time to switch now thinking of getting Sky Broadband
    Smartbro broadband subscriber since 2007
    i was surprised that the Smartbro was rehome
    but since rehome never experience any change
    i still can use my wifi router..
    Nikon D90 + 50/1.8 I iPhone 4s 16GB I iTouch 4G 32GB I iPad 3 32GB Wifi

Liked
    2 times

Resets are done during the first week of the month, after you consume the 15gb cap that's when the bandwidth cap kicks in. Now they're offering the canopy subscribers to switch to pldt myDSL.

Liked
    290 times
    Real Name
    Mike Antigua

Quote Originally Posted by DriftSpeed View Post
    Resets are done during the first week of the month, after you consume the 15gb cap that's when the bandwidth cap kicks in. Now they're offering the canopy subscribers to switch to pldt myDSL.
    So this is the plan they're hatching: to rewire everyone under myDSL!

My problem is I really need a wireless solution because my building doesn't have any circuits left for a PLDT line to go up to my unit.

Right now, I'm crawling on SmartBro WiMax, and since I'm not bound by any contract anymore, I need to get a better alternative.

Liked
    2 times

Seems like it. I'll only agree to switch if they continue my existing lock in under myDSL which ends in December. Otherwise I'll have my canopy disconnected and ensure they waive the lock in fee since the contract I signed for did not mention any data/bandwidth cap.

Just signed this petition against this policy.

crap and i thought that it was all caused by the power loss we all experienced the other day. no wonder all my regular downloads are too limited. i just signed the petition

Looks like the 15GB cap is still in effect even if the specific text has been removed from their FUP page. Starting this morning, I am limited to 0.2 mbps download speed even during the early morning hours where I usually reach up to 1.5 mbps. My bandwidth monitoring software shows approximately 10gb of usage for this month; but that doesn't count the first 2 days of the month when I forgot to turn on the software and also doesn't include the bandwidth consumed by the other PC in our house as well as by mobile devices. So I guess I've actually reached 15 GB.

This is crap. Globe Tattoo DSL's daily limit for 1mbps package is 3gb. That equates to 90gb monthly. Compare that to myBro's 15gb Philippine telcos are really backwards in terms of technology "progress"

Liked
    14 times
    Real Name
    Oscar Abesamis

We need more competition...any news on the supposed new telco that san miguel is planning? Im not a smart bro user no but I am against this 15gb limit....Im ok with fair use policies as long as they're reasonable....A reasonable fair use IMO is 5 gb per day(150 gb per month)

Liked
    2 times

Quote Originally Posted by oaba09 View Post
    We need more competition...any news on the supposed new telco that san miguel is planning? Im not a smart bro user no but I am against this 15gb limit....Im ok with fair use policies as long as they're reasonable....A reasonable fair use IMO is 5 gb per day(150 gb per month)
    I agree - Mas ok pa nga yung sa globe na 3gb a day.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast