Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Smart Bro Pocket WiFi

This is a discussion on Smart Bro Pocket WiFi within the Time Capsule, AirPort Extreme, AirPort Express forums, part of the Hardware MUG - Troubleshooting and Discussion category; Smart just announced their own Smart Bro pocket WiFi plan. Initial cash out for P495 (50 hours) postpaid plan is ...

Liked
    64 times
    Real Name
    Ramil Ramos

Default Smart Bro Pocket WiFi

Smart just announced their own Smart Bro pocket WiFi plan. Initial cash out for P495 (50 hours) postpaid plan is only P495 plus P150 for the unit. I'm not sure how long is the lock-in period, and if and how much they sell the unit for prepaid accounts.

Has anyone availed of this already?

Also, i don't know what pocket WiFi model they'd be issuing. From the ad, it looks like it is different from the one that Globe is using right now.

Liked
    1 times

Default Re: Smart Bro Pocket WiFi

i am also quiet curious of this product anyone have tested it by any chance?

Liked
    1 times

nice. i wish they have it on prepaid too. afaik, they have a better internet connection than globe.
    iMac 21" | iPhone 5 64GB | iPad 2 16GB Wifi + 3G | Time Capsule 500GB | Ipod Nano 6th gen 8GB

Liked
    7 times
    Real Name
    mark imbong

imagine that, having wireless signal wherever you may go. but then upload & download speed will be a different story, eh?

and what'll happen if a high number of pocket wifi users gather in one place and access the internet via their units - slow connection? or no connection?

i only wonder why it took so long for a product like this to finally come out.
    proud to own a MAC(book pro)!

Liked
    1 times
    Real Name
    Glenn Santos

I'll wait for the unlimited version. This looks like a ZTE unit so that is maybe the reason it is cheaper.

Liked
    22 times

I hope they offer this at a lower price point for an unlimited plan.

anyone got this yet? reviews please?
     MacBook Aluminum Unibody [Late 2008] | 2.4Ghz | 4GB | 500GB + Lion 
     Aluminum Apple Remote  Magic Mouse  MiniDisplay to VGA Adapter 

Liked
    11 times

500 for 50 hours? thats just 2 days! also, there is a cap on the number of users, im sure there will be a cap on MB download as well!
    We like people for their qualities, but we love them for their defects." - Hellboy

Liked
    906 times
    Real Name
    Elbert Cuenca

Pocket WiFi is just like MiFi--a pocket-sized battery-operated 3G WiFi router. Smart is offering this as their version of Globe Tattoo's MyFi, which launched last July. It's a similar device to the Huawei most of us a familiar with, I just don't know how it compares in terms of size and battery life. It also allows up to 5 users to share the 3G access at any single time.

For now, Pocket WiFi is available in postpaid only and limited to their Plan495, with 24-month lock-in period. Subscribers will need to fork out an additional P150 a month for the portable router (or a total of P645/mo). Plan 495 comes with a 50-hour a month allocation. Any excess usage will be billed at a rate of P10 per every 30 minutes. There's also 10% discount (in the form of 5 additional hours) for prompt settlement of the bill.

What boggles me is why they do not have an unlimited data plan with this package. It's not like SMart doesn't have unlimited data. They do, at Plan999, available in their USB dongle, SIM-only or Micro-SIM offerings.

Globe has a Plan999 unlimited with their MyFi, although their Huawei 3G router costs an additional P250 per month (making the accrued cost of the device P6,000, compared to Smart's P3,600)

As I've stated in other threads, Smart Bro's 3G service has been pretty good in the past few months, so access speed and nationwide coverage shouldn't be an issue.
     Mid 2013 13" MacBook Air 1.3GHz 256GB Late 2012 21.5-inch iMac 2.7GHz Late 2010 11" MacBook Air 1.4GHz 64GB Mid 2010 Mac mini 8GB RAM 32GB iPhone 5S 16GB Blue iPhone 5C 64GB iPad Air 2013 AirPort Extreme + AirPort Express 3rd Gen AppleTV

www.steakroom.com

Liked
    1 times

Quote Originally Posted by elbert View Post
    Pocket WiFi is just like MiFi--a pocket-sized battery-operated 3G WiFi. Smart is offering this as their version of Globe Tattoo's MyFi, which launched last July. It's a similar device to the Huawei most of us a familiar with, I just don't know how it compares in terms of size and battery life. It allows up to 5 users to share the 3G access at any single time.

For now, Pocket WiFi is available in postpaid only and limited to their Plan495, with 24-month lock-in period. Subscribers will need to fork out an additional P150 a month for the portable router (or a total of P645/mo). Plan 495 comes with a 50-hour a month allocation. Any excess usage will be billed at a rate of P10 per every 30 minutes. There's also 10% discount (in the form of 5 additional hours) for prompt settlement of the bill.

What boggles me is why they do not have an unlimited data plan with this package. It's not like SMart doesn't have unlimited data. They do, at Plan999, available in their USB dongle, SIM-only or Micro-SIM offerings.

Globe has a Plan999 unlimited with their MyFi, although their Huawei 3G router costs an additional P250 per month (making the accrued cost of the device P6,000, compared to Smart's P3,600)

As I've stated in other threads, Smart Bro's 3G service has been pretty good in the past few months, so access speed and nationwide coverage shouldn't be an issue.
    I inquired about this yesterday when I went to Rob Galleria Smart Wireless Center and yes, I agree, I find it odd that they don't offer this on their unlimited data plan.
    iMac, 11-in MBA 1.8 256GB, iPad 3 64GB 3G, iPhone 5 64GB,
    iPod Touch 32 GB, iPod 160GB classic & iPod nano 8GB
    BlackBerry Q10, Lumix GF3 white & black

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast