Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

PLDT or Smartbro?

This is a discussion on PLDT or Smartbro? within the Time Capsule, AirPort Extreme, AirPort Express forums, part of the Hardware MUG - Troubleshooting and Discussion category; Hi! Just wanted to ask if which is better - PLDT Plan 1299 (as advertised 780 kbps) or Smartbro Plan ...

Default PLDT or Smartbro?

Hi! Just wanted to ask if which is better - PLDT Plan 1299 (as advertised 780 kbps) or Smartbro Plan 999 (as advertised up to 2mbps).

I know that Smartbro is faster as advertised but I have experienced that it only speeds up after 11pm & it's not stable as I use it for online gaming on my PS3 playing NBA 2K12 and Uncharted 3.

I want to know is a good option and stable & fast enough to support my online games. My Smartbro is now up for extension & waiting for PLDT if & when we'll be installed with their DSL.

Liked
    10 times
    Real Name
    Deneek Tolentino

Default Re: PLDT or Smartbro?

PLDT, I tried both, smart bro has really bad customer service, and if you try to use speedtest.net to check your bandwith, it wont reach that 2mbps.
    unlike pldt, if they say its 1mbps, try speedtest and it really is 1mbps. plus when they installed mine and check that it did not reach 1mbps, the guy called someone at the office and he did another speedtest and it reached 1.5mbps.

Liked
    1057 times
    Real Name
    Leo Castillo

Also, PLDT is wired and SmartBro is wireless. If it rains you may lose your wireless signal. Not a concern for wired.

Leo
    The ability to use a camera will make you a decent photographer. The ability to see and feel will make you a great one.
    Photoworks.
    Discover Photography as You've Never Known Before. http://www.photoworksacademy.com

Thanks so much guys! It would really help me decide. It's just now a matter of when it will be installed.

Liked
    14 times

I'd go for PLDT as it is wired.
    that 2MBPS advertisement of smart is only bursetible and not committed speed, same with PLDT but I'd still pick a wired connection over a wireless connection for stability and speed

Liked
    30 times
    Real Name
    Bless Birang

yep! PLDT for me as well. Better services.
    I'm having an out-of-coffee experience :s

Liked
    1655 times
    Real Name
    Johannes Sia

@ mike_tandoc (and to all members): Please post your thread under the correct sub-forum.

MUGFeedback is for matters concerning the forum itself (problems logging in, suggestions for the forum, site issues, etc.). It's not for getting feedback from members on what device to purchase or where to purchase it. Please do so under the appropriate sub-forums (iOS devices, Macs, etc.)

Let's help each other keep this Forum tidy. Doing so is for everybody's benefit. Thank you!

Thread moved.
    "Dapat mahusay at matino..." - Jesse Robredo

The kitchen is not a democracy.

Liked
    1 times

Wired - PLDT is will do ... wireless anytime the connection can be cut

Liked
    488 times
    Real Name
    Allan Poe Yu

PLDT for this very important reason:

SMART Bro has shared external IP address among the same users in the area (those using the same accesspoint). Also latency of wireless (very important for online gaming), is higher than wired DSL

PM me if you need help in PLDT DSL connection. I have built a solid reputation feedback for myself in tipidpc.com based on PLDT and Smart bro application.TPC username alanyu_ph
    Data Transmission Solution Provider Fiber Optic, copper, Wireless, PC-based PBX telephone system, IP cam security system, Distributed Video system
    AMDG