Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

LTE Plans: Globe vs Smart

This is a discussion on LTE Plans: Globe vs Smart within the Time Capsule, AirPort Extreme, AirPort Express forums, part of the Hardware MUG - Troubleshooting and Discussion category; Originally Posted by dexterandrada Are there any prepaid LTE from the providers already? Smart just came up with one: Prepaid ...

Liked
    488 times
    Real Name
    Allan Poe Yu

Default Re: LTE Plans: Globe vs Smart

Quote Originally Posted by dexterandrada View Post
    Are there any prepaid LTE from the providers already?
    Smart just came up with one:

Prepaid - Plans and Data Packages - Smart 4G LTE - Smart Communications
    I wonder what the daily LTE cap is (if ever there is one)
    Data Transmission Solution Provider Fiber Optic, copper, Wireless, PC-based PBX telephone system, IP cam security system, Distributed Video system
    AMDG

Liked
    100 times
    Real Name
    Francis Ian Espiritu

Quote Originally Posted by 650h2 View Post

It doesn't have a cap. I have downliaded a total of 10gb in two days since I got it Sunday. But I'm still getying better speed in my globe lte. Must be the location.

Quote Originally Posted by francisian View Post
    It doesn't have a cap. I have downliaded a total of 10gb in two days since I got it Sunday. But I'm still getying better speed in my globe lte. Must be the location.
    Wait until June 30, 2013. After their "unlimited" offer expires, let's see if you wont be capped by Smart.

Unless they extend it again of course!
    More phone and tech news on my blog: TechOverdose

Liked
    75 times

Quote Originally Posted by 650h2 View Post

nothing like this for globe?

Liked
    100 times
    Real Name
    Francis Ian Espiritu

Quote Originally Posted by LeoMarley View Post
    nothing like this for globe?
    None as of now.

Liked
    2 times

Quote Originally Posted by LeoCastillo View Post
    In case it wasn't clear earlier, SMART has a separate limited LTE plan and an unlimited 3G Data plan.
    For Globe, as long as you have a data plan, there is no extra charge to go LTE.

Leo
    Hi sir, I am planning to get an iPad mini plan. The usual dilemma is to what TELCO you will subscribe to.
    Coverage and stability wise (Pampanga location) Smart is the good choice.
    However, what I want to know now is about the DATA CAP for both Globe and Smart, based from your comment here does this mean that if I subscribe to smart's unlimited 3G data plan it has NO CAP? Compared with Smart's LTE plan which has data cap?

Liked
    1057 times
    Real Name
    Leo Castillo

Quote Originally Posted by driodoco_julius View Post
    Hi sir, I am planning to get an iPad mini plan. The usual dilemma is to what TELCO you will subscribe to.
    what I want to know now is about the DATA CAP for both Globe and Smart, based from your comment here does this mean that if I subscribe to smart's unlimited 3G data plan it has NO CAP? Compared with smart's LTE plan? Thank you very much sir
    I'm not sure how the LTE signal is at Pampanga. I believe the Data Cap depends on your plan. For example, Globe Platinum users don't get a data cap, but P1000 unlimited data users do.

Or just buy it separately. It's not carrier locked naman so you can change telcos later.

Leo
    The ability to use a camera will make you a decent photographer. The ability to see and feel will make you a great one.
    Photoworks.
    Discover Photography as You've Never Known Before. http://www.photoworksacademy.com

Liked
    4 times

However, what I want to know now is about the DATA CAP for both Globe and Smart, based from your comment here does this mean that if I subscribe to smart's unlimited 3G data plan it has NO CAP? Compared with Smart's LTE plan which has data cap?
    i have inquired about the ipad mini lte plan from smart and the csr said that there is a 1.5gb cap. after that its throttled down to 512kbps. not sure on how true that is though...

Liked
    2 times

Thank you sir leo and fr.ankie. The most difficult and frustrating part is that there is no full disclosure about these plans.
    A globe CSR told me that it has an 800kbcap daily while their hotline representative told me that it has none.
    For smart, you cannot speak to a LIVE person from their hotline to ask and confirm their CSR seems to be not too knowledgable about their offer while their website has only info regarding data cap with their LTE but none for 3g data plan

**BTW I ak only talking about both TELCO's 999 unlimited data plan

Liked
    94 times
    Real Name
    Richard Dy

Thank you sir leo and fr.ankie. The most difficult and frustrating part is that there is no full disclosure about these plans.
    A globe CSR told me that it has an 800kbcap daily while their hotline representative told me that it has none.
    For smart, you cannot speak to a LIVE person from their hotline to ask and confirm their CSR seems to be not too knowledgable about their offer while their website has only info regarding data cap with their LTE but none for 3g data plan

**BTW I ak only talking about both TELCO's 999 unlimited data plan
    Regarding your post on the other thread, the 999 iPad plan is not related to the 999 Pocket wifi or sim only plan so please don't confuse the two if ever.
    |MacBook Pro 13 inch 2.4Ghz 4GB 250GB Mountain Lion 10.8.5|iPhone 5s Gray iOS 7.0.2|iPad Mini iOS 7.0.2|

Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast