Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

CD-R King WIRELESS ROUTER

This is a discussion on CD-R King WIRELESS ROUTER within the Time Capsule, AirPort Extreme, AirPort Express forums, part of the Hardware MUG - Troubleshooting and Discussion category; Hi, it was my first time to configure a router and im not that techy to understand everything, and the ...

Default CD-R King WIRELESS ROUTER

Hi, it was my first time to configure a router and im not that techy to understand everything, and the manual is very confusing for me haha. Please please please can anyone provide the EASIEST and step by step way to configure this router. Yung tipong dna kailangan magisip hehe.

Thanks a lot!!!

Liked
    71 times
    Real Name
    David

Default Re: CD-R King WIRELESS ROUTER

what exactly are you aiming to accomplish? there are lots of things you can do when configuring routers.

if you just want to create your place a wifi zone, you could just turn the router ON, plug the dsl ethernet cable on the proper port and you're done.

if your internet connection keeps track of the MAC address of the connected computer, then you would have to use the "MAC address cloning" feature of the router.

if you want to secure your wifi zone with a password, then you can set the WEP/encryption key.

i suggest you also protect the router with an administrator password, so that no intruder can alter your settings.

to access the CDR-KING WIRELESS ROUTER configuration page, your mac/pc must be connected to the router( either by an ethernet cable or by wireless connnection). Open your web browser and type 192.168.1.254 on the address bar and hit "enter".

im sure you can find your way by yourself from that point.
    Last edited by oloc; 08-19-2009 at 11:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by oloc View Post
    what exactly are you aiming to accomplish? there are lots of things you can do when configuring routers.

if you just want to create your place a wifi zone, you could just turn the router ON, plug the dsl ethernet cable on the proper port and you're done.

if your internet connection keeps track of the MAC address of the connected computer, then you would have to use the "MAC address cloning" feature of the router.

if you want to secure your wifi zone with a password, then you can set the WEP/encryption key.

i suggest you also protect the router with an administrator password, so that no intruder can alter your settings.

to access the CDR-KING WIRELESS ROUTER configuration page, your mac/pc must be connected to the router( either by an ethernet cable or by wireless connnection). Open your web browser and type 192.168.1.254 on the address bar and hit "enter".

im sure you can find your way by yourself from that point.
    Thanks!

Ganon lang pala yun? I clicked quick setup pag pasok ko ng CD. tapos i dont know what to tick and type sa bawat steps.ill try first changing the password. ndedetect na ksi ng laptop yung connection tapos low connectivity daw, feeling ko may mali sa pagsetup ko kasi working well yung internet sa desktop. Thanks a lot!!!

Lastly, how will i do this? - "i suggest you also protect the router with an administrator password, so that no intruder can alter your settings."

Thanks!

ironlionzion

Can someone help me? I can't seem to access the 192.168.1.254 address at all. Safari just says "server where this page is located isnít responding." I already plugged the router and my airport can detect it but i can't connect yet since it's still not configured and it's password protected. Help.

Liked
    3 times
    Real Name
    Angelo

try 192.168.1.1

Liked
    16 times

yes my cdr king modem's url is 192.168.1.1.

LinkBacks (?)

1. 12-31-2013, 04:37 AM
  2. 10-30-2012, 07:50 PM
  3. 07-19-2012, 10:43 PM