Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Spotify in the Philippines

This is a discussion on Spotify in the Philippines within the Media and content forums, part of the Fun MUG Stuff category; Has anyone gotten the Spotify app for iPhone and iPad to work from the Philippines? I've read that VPN apps ...

Default Spotify in the Philippines

Has anyone gotten the Spotify app for iPhone and iPad to work from the Philippines?

I've read that VPN apps like Hotspot Shield allows for this but so far VPN refuses to connect on my 4S. Thanks

Liked
    48 times

Default Re: Spotify in the Philippines

Try this:

Unblock Us - smarter faster VPN

I used it to connect to Hulu, Spotify, and Pandora before. Configuration is set in your router, so any device you use within your network will be connected thru their VPN service. They have a free 7-day trial and the monthly subscription fee is cheap, imo.

HTH
    Macbook Air Mid 2012 - 13" | iPhone 5s - Gold | iPad Mini - White | iPod Shuffle - Pink | Apple TV 3rd Gen

Liked
    7 times

Spotify iPhone app only works for premium/payed accounts. So aside from VPN, you need a US issued credit card to get subscription.

Liked
    7 times

If its too much work and you have a US iTunes account, just download Songza and it works locally.

Liked
    28 times

Quote Originally Posted by alanis_junkie View Post
    Try this:

Unblock Us - smarter faster VPN

I used it to connect to Hulu, Spotify, and Pandora before. Configuration is set in your router, so any device you use within your network will be connected thru their VPN service. They have a free 7-day trial and the monthly subscription fee is cheap, imo.

HTH
    Have you made it work on your ipad?
    iPad 3rd Gen | iPad Air | iPhone 5 | Macbook 13" Retina Late 2013

Rabby and Bowman60,

I just sent you PM on the information of the US prepaid card for Spotify. Spotify is very strict on which card they accept and only 2 type of US prepaid cards are accepted.

Also like alanis_junkie mentioned, you will need a VPN or a DNS service like unblock-US to make Spotify sees you from a USA IP address

Hope this helps
    We provide US iTunes gift card code by email. Use the coupon PHILMUG to get 5% off (exclusive coupon for the PhilMug community)

Quote Originally Posted by powerseller View Post
    Rabby and Bowman60,

I just sent you PM on the information of the US prepaid card for Spotify. Spotify is very strict on which card they accept and only 2 type of US prepaid cards are accepted.

Also like alanis_junkie mentioned, you will need a VPN or a DNS service like unblock-US to make Spotify sees you from a USA IP address

Hope this helps
    Hi can you PM me also the details on US prepaid cards? thanks!

Liked
    42 times

Quote Originally Posted by jsg123 View Post
    If its too much work and you have a US iTunes account, just download Songza and it works locally.
    thanks for this! i was thinking of getting a Spotify subscription to stream new music on my iOS devices but Songza gets the job done with no subscription required.

Spotify on my mac, and Songza on my iOS device = extended music library for free.

Liked
    103 times
    Real Name
    Francis Ian Espiritu

Songza is indeed an awesome app.

Liked
    7 times

I'm running Spotify Premium on my iPad, Mac and S3 with no problems using my business partner's credit card with a US address. I used to use a VPN until one day I forgot to activate it and noticed that Spotify worked fine anyway. Never used a VPN again since then.

TL; DR: If you can find a friend or relative in the US to "sponsor" your Spotify habit, you won't need to jump thru VPN hoops.

Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast