Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Hunger Games

This is a discussion on Hunger Games within the Media and content forums, part of the Fun MUG Stuff category; the movement of the cam during the first part made me dizzy. The movie reminded me of the 80's movie ...

Liked
    1 times

Default Re: Hunger Games

the movement of the cam during the first part made me dizzy. The movie reminded me of the 80's movie "The Running Man"

Liked
    1095 times

Quote Originally Posted by macdrive007 View Post
    Real-life hunger games in North Korea...

http://www.latimes.com/news/opinion/...,5846456.story

mmmm......it is more widespread than that. There are numerous documented cases of child warriors (real life kids "reaped" from villages and trained to be killers) in many African countries. Even in our own country, it is public knowledge that child warriors are trained by both the NPA and the Muslim insurgents. Truly a sad state of affairs.
    iBasso DX100 + Hifiman HM801 + iPod Classic + Sony PCM-D100 + ATH W3000 ANV + Westone 3 + Sennheiser HD 800 + Fitear To Go! 334 + Shure 846 + Audeze LCD - X + Oppo PM 1 + Cypher Labs Theorem 720 + Alo Audio PanAm/Passport + Hifi M8 LX + Woo Audio WA7 / a slew of computer stuff from Apple & Microsoft, and a Partridge in a pear tree.

Real Name
    Nathan Jumalon

Saw the movie a week or two ago, and I have to say it turned out quite well. My only quarrel is the movie didn't carry as much dramatic tension as the book did for me - painfully slow pace. Probably because I read the book before watching the movie. Glad it was as faithful as it could be to the book though.

Oh, and I freaking hate Peeta. ^.^
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it. But if you do hit him, put him to sleep!"
    - Theodore Roosevelt

Liked
    9 times
    Real Name
    Art Traspe

Quote Originally Posted by raypin View Post
    Mmmm...I think the movie lost me when the heroine, whatever her weird name is, climbs up a tree to escape certain death from the well - trained child warriors who seemed to lack the ability to climb trees.....and then decides to wait her out......I wanted to scream "dumb***." Apparently, their brain cells were not sophisticated enough to, oh I dont know, build a bonfire of twigs and dried leaves, which were just lying at their feet, around that stupid tree and smoke her out!

Good grief......
    if i remember it correctly from the book, she was about 80 feet up in the tree in this particular scene. climbing trees is just one of her forte, if you will. the movie scene did not depict it that way so it seemed really "dumb". parang 20 feet lang tapos di na maabot if it was indeed 80 feet then i guess even what you suggested wouldn't have worked, baka mahangin

but i agree on your aversion on children killing children. that part of the story is what i hated as well.
    "...when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth. - Sherlock Holmes"

PowerBook G4, 15", 1.67 GHz, 1GB SDRAM, 120 GB HDD | Ipod Nano 4th Gen

Liked
    52 times
    Real Name
    Jingo Lopez

Apparently my kids loved it. But it was boring, dragging, and a lousy ending. Parang pinoy big brother na pinaghalong survivor.
     Mac mini late 2012 OS X Mavericks  Mac mini late 2007 Snow Leopard  Apple BT Keyboard  Apple Magic Mouse  AirPort Extreme 2nd gen  AirPort Express 3rd gen  iPhone 4  iPhone 3GS  Bose Companion 3 S2

Liked
    6 times
    Real Name
    Alcuin Papa

liked the book. movie was ok, not great.

i liked the way the movie portrayed the relationship of Katniss and Rue.

loved jennifer lawrence in the role but did not like the casting of Peeta. also loved the casting of Lenny Kravitz.

Liked
    69 times

Quote Originally Posted by morrissey_05 View Post
    liked the book. movie was ok, not great.

i liked the way the movie portrayed the relationship of Katniss and Rue.

loved jennifer lawrence in the role but did not like the casting of Peeta. also loved the casting of Lenny Kravitz.
    SPOILER :

Sa Catching Fire, they will visit Rue's district and it will be so emotional T_T

Liked
    45 times
    Real Name
    Vic Arias

Watched the sequel. Very nice. It puts the first movie in perspective.

Liked
    4 times
    Real Name
    J.V.

Great movie! I really liked it.

+ Jennifer Lawrence
    + Hunger Games v 2.0. Bigger and better.

- Some of the scenes were a bit too dark
    - Abrupt ending

Liked
    69 times

i'm hoping to see the young Haymitch T_T

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast