Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Page 1 of 140 1231151101 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Samsung Galaxy Note (Review and User Comments)

This is a discussion on Samsung Galaxy Note (Review and User Comments) within the Third party hardware, software and accessories forums, part of the Fun MUG Stuff category; Ever since the Samsung Galaxy Note was announced I've been sooooo excited to get my hands on it. I finally ...

Liked
    10 times

Default Samsung Galaxy Note (Review and User Comments)

Ever since the Samsung Galaxy Note was announced I've been sooooo excited to get my hands on it. I finally was able to get one 2 weeks ago and I'm happy to say that it truly is one of the best devices ever shipped for this year!

In lieu of a full review, here's a summary:

Pros
    • Crazy good battery life. I can get up to 9-10 hours daily without power savings mode on. If I turn it on I can get up to 17-18 hours.
    • 5.3" screen is great for social networking, browsing, reading, and personal media consumption (videos)
    • S Pen is awesome. I'm into digital marketing and I get a lot of creatives and presentations sent to me. I can annotate quickly and without hassle using the S Pen. Just check out the photo below.
    • It's fast. Really fast. No lag. One of the best Android devices I've used so far.
    • The screen is gorgeous. Love the Super AMOLED display.

Cons
    • Yes, it's big. You'll love it or you'll hate it. Those who love it will do so passionately though

Here's what I do when I need to put comments on designs/etc:

My wife sketched a cartoon of me. Ang cute, hehe.

Our full review can be found here.

To those who own one, where did you guys get it and for how much? Also feel free to also post your comments and impressions about the Note!
    UNBOX.PH: Taking Awesome Out of the Box! We're raffling away Audio-Technica SJ55 Headphones! Check out the blog.

Liked
    233 times

Default Re: Samsung Galaxy Note (Review and User Comments)

Thanks for the review. I've been actually eyeing this as a secondary phone for my sun line. Problem is, the price is kinda steep. Does globe or smart offer this unit yet?
    The probability of anything happening is directly proportional to its desirability.

Liked
    6 times

Is the Samsung galaxy s2's processor faster than the note's?

Liked
    10 times

Quote Originally Posted by AthanWylde View Post
    Thanks for the review. I've been actually eyeing this as a secondary phone for my sun line. Problem is, the price is kinda steep. Does globe or smart offer this unit yet?
    Smart came out with a special promo when they first launched it. Unit came for free at Plan 2000 if I remember correctly
    UNBOX.PH: Taking Awesome Out of the Box! We're raffling away Audio-Technica SJ55 Headphones! Check out the blog.

Liked
    52 times
    Real Name
    Goldie Lad Po

Thanks for the review. After reading this review and hearing from a fellow philmugger about how good this phone is I am now leaning more towards getting this phone.

got it free with a Smart plan 2000. good offer IMO. was already about to get one in HK that time at 34t. My real question is where are all the accessories. car dock, leather slip case (not flip) and extra bat.

One additional pro i'd like to add - navigation. it is literally at par already with garmins etc. the big screen is a beaut!
    MBP15" 2.66ghz i7, 8gb Ram, 256gb SSD, 500gb HD via Optibay | new iPad 64gb | Samsung Galaxy Note 16gb + 64gb microsd

Liked
    6 times

I've just changed from getting an S2 to this instead!

Liked
    10 times

Quote Originally Posted by sherwin View Post
    got it free with a Smart plan 2000. good offer IMO. was already about to get one in HK that time at 34t. My real question is where are all the accessories. car dock, leather slip case (not flip) and extra bat.

One additional pro i'd like to add - navigation. it is literally at par already with garmins etc. the big screen is a beaut!
    Hey Sherwin. Do you mean the unit in HK (34k) had the car dock, leather slip case, and extra bat bundled with it for free?

Liked
    1 times

I love this review! Sent you a Private message sir Carlo! Thanks!
    "Where is this love? I can't see it, I can't touch it. I can't feel it.
    I can hear it. I can hear some words, but I can't do anything with your easy words"

Liked
    1230 times

Hi Carlo! Excellent review i must say.. I'm thinking about getting the Note too. Just a question, did you root your G-Note? Btw, your android wallpaper is very nice
    Google+
    Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma - which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice. - Steve Jobs

Page 1 of 140 1231151101 ... LastLast