Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Stolen iPhone 4S 16gb (Black, Globe locked)

This is a discussion on Stolen iPhone 4S 16gb (Black, Globe locked) within the iPad, iPhone and iPod touch forums, part of the Hardware MUG - Troubleshooting and Discussion category; Didn't know I would be a victim of theft again, but I was. My 2 month-old iPhone 4S was stolen ...

Liked
    14 times

Exclamation Stolen iPhone 4S 16gb (Black, Globe locked)

Didn't know I would be a victim of theft again, but I was.

My 2 month-old iPhone 4S was stolen from my bag in RFM's Sports Complex in Pioneer. a shady looking, dark-skinned man was apparently watching our basketball game and when I was playing na, ayun nasalisihan ako.

Masakit pa nun, kasama yung Boostcase Extended Batt ko with 1 month left to pay sa installment

So heads up to my fellow MUGgers, if you see a black iPhone with the following details:
    IMEI: 013046002858171
    Serial: C9JH2112DTC0

that's a stolen iPhone. Tried calling and looking for it via find my iPhone but to no avail. pinatay na. I already called globe and made the necessary arrangements for tempo disconnection and blacklisting.

consuelo de bobo na lang na i turned off the simple password settings and put in an 8-character alphanumeric password.

EDIT: Hi mods, if there is a stolen device registry here in PhilMUG, i'll gladly input my phone's details there as well and delete this thread. Thanks!

Liked
    14 times

Default Re: Stolen iPhone 4S 16gb (Black, Globe locked)

Hi fellow MUGgers,

I'm giving up hope of retrieving my stolen iPhone and am thinking of getting a new one instead. Globe's iPhone 4S promo with the Plan 1799 is quite unbeatable so I'm quite confused as to where I can get a replacement.

If I may ask those who got their iPhones stolen, where did you get your new unit?

Liked
    3 times

Default Stolen iPhone 4S 16gb (Black, Globe locked)

Hi TS,

Sorry for your loss. Not to add to your despair/discourage you or anything, but I think you've made the right decision. You've done what is needed (reported it to Globe etc.). The next thing is to ASAP come to terms with the fact that it's highly unlikely that you'll ever get it back again i.e. move on. Easier said than done, but what's the alternative? I actually also lost quite a few phones myself already - the first 2 phones, I reported them, but the succeeding ones, I didn't bother anymore since i didn't and still don't think that there is really any 'fool-proof' way of having those lost phones 'blocked/rendered unusable'. Parang sayang lang yung effort. But that's just me.

Anyway, with regard to your inquiry, why don't you try the Globe business center nearest to your area?

iPhone 4S 32GB * iPad 2 * MBP 2.4GHz 13.3"

Liked
    18 times
    Real Name
    Paul Go

You can also call Globe hotline.

Tell them what plan you want, then email your information, next they will send your new iPhone to your home or business address.

Liked
    14 times

hi deucejunkie & pajamas_001,

Thanks for the replies!

Sorry, I didn't make it clear in my second post. I am currently subscribed to Globe's Plan 1799 and the stolen iPhone at P4800 was the "reward" for renewing my contract. I'm just two months in the 24 month lock-up period. I'm at a loss as to what to do. More specifically, what will I do with the unlisurf plan?

Most definitely, the course of action I want to take is to get a new iPhone. But getting a prepaid kit or applying for another postpaid line is financial suicide in my opinion. I'd like to get some advice what other iPhone theft victims got as their next phone moving forward. Or maybe where they got their next iPhone.

Liked
    3 times

Default Stolen iPhone 4S 16gb (Black, Globe locked)

^hmm, P4800 was the original cash out for the iPhone 4S 16GB under Plan 1799. How could that be a 'reward' for renewing your contract when that same deal is (or was) also offered to new subscribers?

Liked
    14 times

hahaha! beats me. hence my use of the double quotation marks on the word. i have no idea why they called it a reward (at least, that's what the customer service rep in the business center called it) when i'm the one showering them with money.

Quote Originally Posted by deucejunkie View Post
    ^hmm, P4800 was the original cash out for the iPhone 4S 16GB under Plan 1799. How could that be a 'reward' for renewing your contract when that same deal is (or was) also offered to new subscribers?

Liked
    40 times

Quote Originally Posted by leo.james View Post
    Didn't know I would be a victim of theft again, but I was.

My 2 month-old iPhone 4S was stolen from my bag in RFM's Sports Complex in Pioneer. a shady looking, dark-skinned man was apparently watching our basketball game and when I was playing na, ayun nasalisihan ako.

What an unfortunate lost.
    hope you recovered it back again.

Liked
    3 times

Quote Originally Posted by leo.james View Post
    hahaha! beats me. hence my use of the double quotation marks on the word. i have no idea why they called it a reward (at least, that's what the customer service rep in the business center called it) when i'm the one showering them with money.
    I think you need to clarify this with the business center where you renewed your contract, because it looks like you didn't get any loyalty reward at all (unless they waived your bill for the first few months or any other rebate offer).

If it turns out that you after all didn't get any reward, then this is your chance to get a new phone for free (or at least a considerable discount on the handset price, depending on your phone of choice and your average bill in your previous 2-year contract).

Liked
    14 times

got it. thanks deucejunkie!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast