Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

latest model of Apple Digital AV Adapter need iOS 5.1 update to work?

This is a discussion on latest model of Apple Digital AV Adapter need iOS 5.1 update to work? within the iPad, iPhone and iPod touch forums, part of the Hardware MUG - Troubleshooting and Discussion category; Hi, I just recently purchased the Apple Digital AV Adapter for my iPad 2 and iPhone 4S. When I plugged ...

Liked
    2 times

Default latest model of Apple Digital AV Adapter need iOS 5.1 update to work?

Hi,

I just recently purchased the Apple Digital AV Adapter for my iPad 2 and iPhone 4S. When I plugged it in, a message pop up telling me that I need to update my iOS to 5.1. I'm on 5.0.1 and I really don't want to update my iOS for obvious reasons. I even tried it on a new iPhone 4S with iOS 5.0.1 (meaning not jailbroken) and it is still asking for the update.

Does the latest model really need the iOS 5.1 update to work? How about the old models? Anybody tried it with iOS 5.0.1?

Thanks.

Liked
    100 times

Default Re: latest model of Apple Digital AV Adapter need iOS 5.1 update to work?

I'm not too sure why that happens, but I doubt the AV adapter requires a particular firmware for it to work.

But out of curiosity, why don't you want to update your non jb device to 5.1? Or are you planning to jb it in the future and thus don't want to update?

Liked
    139 times

Default Re: latest model of Apple Digital AV Adapter need iOS 5.1 update to work?

It DOES require iOS 5.1 as per this URL: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4108?v...S&locale=en_US

See bullet #5 under Troubleshooting.

Liked
    88 times

thanks for the heads up

I have the exact same problem. Does anyone know of a workaround to make the adapter work on 5.0.1?
    I tried the tweak resupported from Cydia, but it still didn't work.

Liked
    114 times
    Real Name
    Volts Sanchez

^No discussion of Cydia apps and tweaks here, please.
    Macbook Pro Core i5 2.4Ghz/iPad Mini 32GB Wi-Fi (Black)/Nexus S/iPhone 4 32GB (Black)/iPhone 3GS 32GB (Black)/iPhone 2G 8GB/iPod Touch G3 32GB/Nintendo DS Lite (Black)/Panasonic FS7 (Black)

Liked
    43 times

mine worked even without an update. not sure if it is the latest model of the av adapter. But i bought this just a few days ago, there's a possibility that this is the old stock though.
    Life was much simpler when Apple and Blackberry were just fruits. 

It seems you should jailbreak before you can see the video.

Liked
    43 times

^No need for that. Just plug-in the av adapter and plug the other end to your tv, that's all.
    Mirroring feature is only available for iphone 4s and ipad 2 or later and both these devices can enjoy the benefit of playing video at 1080p as compared to previous models which can only play 720p and wont support video mirroring.
    Life was much simpler when Apple and Blackberry were just fruits. 