Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Page 9 of 501 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109 ... LastLast

iPhone 4 by Globe (merged)

This is a discussion on iPhone 4 by Globe (merged) within the iPad, iPhone and iPod touch forums, part of the Hardware MUG - Troubleshooting and Discussion category; Originally Posted by alanis_junkie ^ and what if you'll be getting the iPhone for your retention plan? you can't use ...

Liked
    10 times

Default Re: iPhone 4 by Globe

Quote Originally Posted by alanis_junkie View Post
    ^ and what if you'll be getting the iPhone for your retention plan? you can't use your current sim coz they won't convert it? doesn't make sense.
    True! They converted my Unlimited Visibility (PhP 2,000.00) to their current Unlimited Tattoo (PhP 999.00) and yet when I asked if I can have a micro sim for it, Globe did not allow it. But they have the unlimited iPad plan, which is similar to that of the unlimited Tattoo. Duh.
    iMac, 11-in MBA 1.8 256GB, iPad Air 2 128GB LTE, iPad Mini Retina 128GB LTE, iPhone 5s 64GB, iPod 160GB classic & iPod nano 8GB
    Note 3, Lumix GF3 white & black

Quote Originally Posted by michelledsbona View Post
    True! They converted my Unlimited Visibility (PhP 2,000.00) to their current Unlimited Tattoo (PhP 999.00) and yet when I asked if I can have a micro sim for it, Globe did not allow it. But they have the unlimited iPad plan, which is similar to that of the unlimited Tattoo. Duh.
    The Globe VIsibility is uncapped though, compared to the Tattoo and iPad data plans as far as I know.

I got a promo rate for my Visibility account though (1,500 montly) from a corporate plan. I'm able to get 2mbps download speeds with speedtest.net in some areas like Shaw Blvd or Cubao.

Quote Originally Posted by jaytrixz View Post
    I'm pretty sure globe will offer micro-SIMs conversion since they'll have products that will require one and also it'll attract more customers knowing Smart is prepping their own micro-SIMs too.
    They allow microSIM conversions for existing consumer plans but you have to talk to a branch manager about it. They didn't allow me to convert mine since my accounts were on corporate plans.

Quote Originally Posted by mysterio View Post
    Does Smart have any upcoming products that will use the micro-SIMs?
    That I don't know. Maybe they are doing this for the iPad 3G users since iPad 3Gs are unlocked.
    tumblr | facebook | twitter | flickr
    Black iPhone 4 Bumpers | Unibody MacBook 2.4 GHz Core 2 Duo 4gb RAM | Snow Leopard | Airport
    Extreme |  TV 2nd Gen | Lion | Wireless Keyboard | Magic Trackpad | Black iPhone 4S 64gb

Quote Originally Posted by stuntwoman View Post
    Question. If the iPad requires a sim as well to enable the 3G feature, how can one use both the iPad and the iPhone at the same time? Different sims with different numbers? Two accounts?

And one of the posts here said that Globe will not convert current sims to micro sims? I think that's stupid. If a Globe user has an iPhone that requires a micro sim, they should be able to provide one, even if it's for an additional price.

At present, I think the reason why Globe isn't converting incumbent accounts to micro-sim is more of administrative. Definitely when the Globe's iPhone 4 comes out, they will have the system in place for conversion of old accounts to micro-sims.

My own take on this is if that Globe should offer a special combined iPhone 4 + iPad plan in one account number. This would encourage more fanboys to get both with Globe rather than cutting up other telecom's sims.

GEAR: iPhone 4 Black 32gb | iPad 3G 64gb | Macbook 13" unibody | iMac 20" alum
    Gdgt.com profile

Quote Originally Posted by d00dz View Post
    The Globe VIsibility is uncapped though, compared to the Tattoo and iPad data plans as far as I know.

I got a promo rate for my Visibility account though (1,500 montly) from a corporate plan. I'm able to get 2mbps download speeds with speedtest.net in some areas like Shaw Blvd or Cubao.

They allow microSIM conversions for existing consumer plans but you have to talk to a branch manager about it. They didn't allow me to convert mine since my accounts were on corporate plans.
    d00dz, is your globe plan on corporate account iphone plan? I am currently on globe corporate iphone plan. I hope they can convert my sim to microsim.

I bought my 3gs in hk factory unlocked last year and i plan to do the same for the iphone 4.

Liked
    212 times

Quote Originally Posted by mysterio View Post
    Does Smart have any upcoming products that will use the micro-SIMs?

I think they're doing this for iPad 3G users and unlocked iPhone 4 users.
    "The thing about anticipating the worst is that when the worst does come, it's easier to accept. Bad things happen. It's as simple as that."

Liked
    10 times

Quote Originally Posted by d00dz View Post

What business center is that if you don't mind? Thanks.
    iMac, 11-in MBA 1.8 256GB, iPad Air 2 128GB LTE, iPad Mini Retina 128GB LTE, iPhone 5s 64GB, iPod 160GB classic & iPod nano 8GB
    Note 3, Lumix GF3 white & black

Quote Originally Posted by Mrbcs View Post
    d00dz, is your globe plan on corporate account iphone plan? I am currently on globe corporate iphone plan. I hope they can convert my sim to microsim.

I bought my 3gs in hk factory unlocked last year and i plan to do the same for the iphone 4.
    Yeah, I'm on a Globe corporate plan for my iPhone.

mahina talaga ang Globe. masyado conservative for their own good. wala sa lugar madalas.

dapat sa Smart na lang binigay ang iPhone4.
    Unibody MacBook Pro 2.4GHz - 2nd Gen 16gig iPod Touch - 32GB iPhone 3GS - Olympus E-PL1 - Lumix LX3
    AMDG. I am happy. I am receiving all good things now.

Liked
    13 times
    Real Name
    Dr. Dennis Panlilio

I hope I can hold off until September! I'm really itching to get a unit from Europe or Canada now. I just want one!

Page 9 of 501 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 07-14-2012, 01:09 AM