Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

iPad 3G Can't Register Globe Micro Sim Prepaid

This is a discussion on iPad 3G Can't Register Globe Micro Sim Prepaid within the iPad, iPhone and iPod touch forums, part of the Hardware MUG - Troubleshooting and Discussion category; Hi All, I purchased an Ipad 3G a day after the official Philippines release date. I was pleased to see ...

Exclamation iPad 3G Can't Register Globe Micro Sim Prepaid

Hi All,

I purchased an Ipad 3G a day after the official Philippines release date. I was pleased to see it came with a Globe Prepaid Micro Sim. I loaded it all up and set it up with itunes, but did not bother with the Sim (except for inserting it) since most of my locations have fast WiFi.

A few days ago I tried to register the sim, I downloaded Globe Services for iPad, and put in the phone number and serial number as directed. Nothing happened. After a while I gave up.

Today I decided to try again, this time I got "Error Registering Sim"

I called Globe, they confirmed that it was working fine, but did not know how to help me register the sim, and told me to go back to Power Mac and show them the problem.

No doubt at Power Mac they'll say it's a Globe problem.

Has anyone encountered this problem, or know how to get around it?

Thanks

Default Re: iPad 3G Can't Register Globe Micro Sim Prepaid

I also had some minor issues getting my iPad to work with Globe but all I needed to do to resolve it was reset the Network Settings. I assume you've done that? And added the Globe APN as well? If so, then you need to bring that to a Globe business center and have someone look at it. They usually have guidelines for diagnosing these problems, at at the very least, Globe could provide you with another microsim to see if the problem is specific to that card.

Good luck!

The Globe Services for iPad doesn't currently work.

This is a known issue acknowledged by the Developer himself.

You'll have to wait until Globe resolves it.

Yup, Globe Services is not working at the moment. However, once you put Cellular Data to ON and got a Globe Signal, then your SIM should be OK. Just key in the APN settings and it will work just fine.
    parted ways with my seldom used apple devices. now it's just me, my iphone 4 and my mbp. i know your new owners will take care of you.

Real Name
    Alex Geslani

Confirmed that as well with my sister's ipad two weeks back. The Globe services for Ipad is not working although you can use the SIM for data access.

Liked
    1 times

smart's prepaid micro sim works fine. no settings, no applications done. no fuss. i just bought one, inserted it in my ipad then viola! i can decently surf via 3g. i load it up via pasaload or eload. it's still unreliable but at least it's decent. i don't understand globe.

Liked
    38 times
    Real Name
    Macky Faylona

My brother also had that same issue. I did a network reset and then put in the apn and it's working now.
    MB air 11.6, 2.8 Core i7 8gig RAM 256gig SSD, SG Note. IPhone 4S, Ipad 3 64gig 4G, OMD

Thanks for the reply, yes I added the APN and messed around with switching it on off resetting everything, the network etc etc... still no joy.

I guess I'll have to do as you say and pop into Globe... err well wait around a lot until someone see me.

I went back to Power Mac and explained my problem, they tried everything I had tried and then shrugged and said it was a promotion, as if that made it worthless and explains why it never worked.

I think Ill just apply for a prepaid data sim at Globe or Smart.

Liked
    376 times
    Real Name
    Perry

That's why... I kept on checking the balance with the globe app for my microsim and it does not work. =D
    "Never regret the choices you make, just believe in yourself & have faith. Life isn't perfect, it's a blend of joy & sorrow but wherever life leads you, its because of a purpose."
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/powerpee/sets
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tech-...59704647396466 (custom sleeves for gadgets)

The globe app currently does not work due to an expired server or something like that. So it is pretty pointless to use that right now. Globe customer service are so useless with any tech support on the iPad or iPhone and I can't believe that they're not even familiar with the globe app.

As for the APN, make sure that it is www.globe.com.ph or http.globe.com.ph and NOT internet.globe.com.ph. I noticed that when I inserted the free prepaid sim it had the internet.globe.com.ph APN which is for postpaid.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 07-11-2013, 06:36 AM