Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Page 52 of 187 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102152 ... LastLast
Like Tree583Likes

Globe telecom is now on data cap

This is a discussion on Globe telecom is now on data cap within the iPad, iPhone and iPod touch forums, part of the Hardware MUG - Troubleshooting and Discussion category; Originally Posted by duncan Hi guys. If I created a my super plan like this, will I still be subject ...

Liked
    43 times
    Real Name
    Oscar Abesamis

Default Re: Globe telecom is now on data cap

Quote Originally Posted by duncan View Post
    Hi guys. If I created a my super plan like this, will I still be subject to FUP?

Plan 499. PV = 900
    Add a combo Powersurf 50mb = 99 pesos
    Remaining consumable = 801 pesos

If I exceed 50mb, anti shock bill feature shall apply.

Can I use the consumable amount to pay the additional 801 pesos for anti shock bill of 999 pesos?

If yes. Total monthly bill will be 499 + 99 (999-99-801) = 598 pesos
    Nope...the anti billshock will be on top of your bill

Liked
    95 times

Hi guys. If I created a my super plan like this, will I still be subject to FUP?

Plan 499. PV = 900
    Add a combo Powersurf 50mb = 99 pesos
    Remaining consumable = 801 pesos

If I exceed 50mb, anti shock bill feature shall apply.

Can I use the consumable amount to pay the additional 801 pesos for anti shock bill of 999 pesos?

If yes. Total monthly bill will be 499 + 99 (999-99-801) = 598 pesos
    Get Plan 299 plus 50MB data.
    iPhone 5s 32GB | iPad mini 2 32GB LTE | Dell Inspiron 14R 5437 | Huawei E5776 LTE Mobile Wi-Fi

Liked
    19 times
    Real Name
    Hubert Tan

So if I get plan 299 plus powersurf 50mb 99 plus anti bill shock, total monthly will be 1,199, no more fup?

Quote Originally Posted by neilrossgoco View Post
    Get Plan 299 plus 50MB data.

Liked
    95 times

Default Globe telecom is now on data cap

So if I get plan 299 plus powersurf 50mb 99 plus anti bill shock, total monthly will be 1,199, no more fup?
    P1298 (P299 + 999)? Then you can request an LTE sim.

EDIT: Here. Let's assume it's P999 (no bill-shock unli) plus P299 base plan (50MB PowerSurf deducted from peso value). You're on per kB charging once you consume the allowance. Bill will theoretically not stop at P999 per se, but they will reverse the charges when you receive the bill.

Snipped from a top tech blog...

Fortunately, Globe’s No Bill Shock policy saved me from a Php118,000 data charge (computed on a per KB basis) beyond the PowerSurf 99 consumption and billed me just Php999 (plus VAT).
    P118k for 94GB of data usage but you only pay P999 max for the data you used. Not bad lol.
    iPhone 5s 32GB | iPad mini 2 32GB LTE | Dell Inspiron 14R 5437 | Huawei E5776 LTE Mobile Wi-Fi

Liked
    24 times
    Real Name
    Nielsen Guanlao

Default Globe telecom is now on data cap

globe fup is not for congestion.. globe implements it only to have more profit.. why they didnt put a cap on 5/15min charge? for example what if we all postpaid subscriber go to 5/15min charge and download 5gb of data within an hour.. isnt it will be congesting the system? they just want us to use the 5/15min charge rather than our supersurf plan..
    if they are really for decongestion why dont they remove free facebook?
    if they have a tool to monitor every subscriber of their consumption therefore they can monitor who are the abusive ones.. then the abusive ones should the only one to be throttled.. they said that the new fup will only affects three percent of the total subscribers then they can also determine who was the upper 3% that use data.. if they can determine that 3% why do they have to put a cap in every subscriber?

Liked
    19 times
    Real Name
    Hubert Tan

299 + 900 only since the powersurf 50mb (99 pesos) is a combo add on that is already part of the plan 299 (500 pv).

Liked
    53 times
    Real Name
    Pao

Good idea since wala cap ang 5 pesos - 15mins. Get the 50 99mb then 5 pesos per 15min no cap since as per globe no bill shock ma reverse lang sa 999
    iPhone 5s 32GB |iPad Mini 16GB | iPod Shuffle 2GB 4th gen |

Liked
    13 times
    Real Name
    Gary Ramos

Quote Originally Posted by erizevet View Post
    globe fup is not for congestion.. globe implements it only to have more profit.. why they didnt put a cap on 5/15min charge? for example what if we all postpaid subscriber go to 5/15min charge and download 5gb of data within an hour.. isnt it will be congesting the system? they just want us to use the 5/15min charge rather than our supersurf plan..
    if they have a tool to monitor every subscriber of their consumption therefore they can monitor who are the abusive ones.. then the abusive ones should the only one to be throttled.. they said that the new fup will only affects three percent of the total subscribers then they can also determine who was the upper 3% that use data.. if they can determine that 3% why do they have to put a cap in every subscriber?
    that is also my theory! I think globe cannot accommodate the "free facebook" users so what they did is spread out the bandwidth intended for the surfing promos! Network congestion does not depend on the number of downloads/data usage but it depends on the number of users/consumers on the same Base Station/cell site
    There have been only 3 legendary apples: One seduced Eve, one awakened Newton and STEVE JOBS created the other one

Quote Originally Posted by erizevet View Post
    You have a good point. Also if you notice, the 3G/LTe speed for the supersurf plans are already throttled to some point (Without the data capping). I always notice this when my promo expires because my internet suddenly speeds up when i'm on timed consumption. So what I did a few months back was to avail powersurf instead of supersurf. Well because I think powersurf was on the same league as the 5/15min charging. According to my speed tests, powersurf or 15/5min charging gives me faster internet than supersurf.

Anyone here who experienced the same thing?

Liked
    1007 times
    Real Name
    Jesse

Globe in my opinion is creating another demand for their own profitability. it is just a matter of time before we will see a promo called: Super Unlisurf or something similar that will have unlimited internet without a cap. they will peddle for 1299 or whatever amount they see fit.

the bottomline is their bottomline which is to make profit - no matter how walang delicadeza it may seem.
    sinner likes this.
    death before dishonor

LinkBacks (?)