actually, I have encountered 2 errors, one is when I am trying to restore my iphone (error code: 3194) and the other when iTunes diagnostics feature is ran ("secure link to iTunes store failed")..
I am using Windows 7 64-bit and iTunes is now on the latest version.
below are the things I have done so far, but to no avail:
- followed suggested steps from: http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3694#error3194
- removed/disabled my antivirus program
- put iTunes to exception list of WIndows Firewall
- disabled windows firewall and windows defender
- re-installed iTunes and made sure that it is of the latest version (version 10.6.1)
- performed recommendation from: https://discussions.apple.com/message/17409780#17409780
- perform flush dns command using command prompt
In addition to the steps I mentioned, I also tried running the diagnostics on two other computers running on different versions on iTunes, 10.5 and 10.6.0. I also did the same steps as above on these two computers, but I am getting the "secure connection to iTunes store failed" when the diagnostics were ran.
I have read the information about the diagnostics result and saw something like "connection attempt to firmware update server unsuccessful". Because of this, I think that the "error code 3194" happens because iTunes itself is unable to connect to the "firmware update server". Would it be possible that there is a problem on Apple's server?
thanks for any help that you can give.