Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

DHL/FEDEX: iPhone4 Shipping SG or HK to Manila

This is a discussion on DHL/FEDEX: iPhone4 Shipping SG or HK to Manila within the iPad, iPhone and iPod touch forums, part of the Hardware MUG - Troubleshooting and Discussion category; From experience fedex charges the most for customs. Dont know how or why but between the other major carriers, they ...

From experience fedex charges the most for customs. Dont know how or why but between the other major carriers, they also release items through customs the fastest and least "maarte" compared to others especially dhl. We have accounts for both and in our business we use both for inbound for samples etc.

Dont know if from sing it will be cheaper customs (bec SG is ASEAN while hk isnt)

Liked
    10 times
    Real Name
    Edwin Figueroa

Default Re: DHL/FEDEX: iPhone4 Shipping SG or HK to Manila

Quote Originally Posted by loko__loko View Post
    dhl and fedex are not very expensive and fast.. 1 to 2days.

the problem is the customs.. they can hold your items up to 7 days while computing for the tax.

then dhl/fedex will charge you that number of days as storage fee + vat and other expenses

ant88c was charged 9k tax for his HTC desire.. customs held it more than 4 days
    that's just insanely too much for tax fees... i might just ask my friend from SG to order one for me then i'll go to SG to pick it up. you can get round trip tickets to SG for less then 100USD at tiger air.

I never realized shipping and customs charges would be that high and troublesome.

Liked
    3 times

actually they are lax, by the law, you need ntc permit to import any wireless device
    when everybody calls nokia... i answered iPhone; when people peek at windows... i stared at MAC; when humans aim w/ canon... i shoot with Łeica; when they swim with padi... i dive with Naui; when all men wear Hanes... i wear none
    Follow Me twet twet!

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    Maybe no one has attempted (yet) to ship an iPhone 4 from HK/SG to Manila. I, for one, would rather wait for a friend to hand carry my unit in mid-September instead of having it shipped here via DHL or Fedex.
    Actually i'm trying one right now, if the cost is justifiable.
    ACE Evangelista | Mac Switcher -12/05/07=Apple 15" MacBook Pro 2.66GHz IC2 Duo 4GB/ Apple iPod 80GB Classic -080807 | Ipod Touch 2G 8GB - 100808| Iphone 4 32G-HK & SG - 111010-IPAD022011-IPAD 2-04302011

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12