Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By raypin
  • 1 Post By bisentex
  • 2 Post By ll_esquivias
  • 1 Post By justinred
  • 1 Post By knight_vincent

4S got wet and won't turn off

This is a discussion on 4S got wet and won't turn off within the iPad, iPhone and iPod touch forums, part of the Hardware MUG - Troubleshooting and Discussion category; SOS! My niece's iPhone 4S had water drip onto it for an undetermined amount of time. She tried to turn ...

Liked
    177 times

Default 4S got wet and won't turn off

SOS!

My niece's iPhone 4S had water drip onto it for an undetermined amount of time. She tried to turn it off upon discovering that it got wet. But the phone would not turn off. She says it continues to display the Apple logo, which flickers till it's almost off, then flickers back on again. She's worrying that she might lose all her class notes on Voice Memo, among a lot of other data.

What should she do? Thanks!

Liked
    1278 times

Default Re: 4S got wet and won't turn off

mmm....oh boy. Put it in bigas or dry cabinet to soak as much of the moisture from the unit (let it drain). Do it now. Wait a couple of days before charging itBut to be safe, don't handle the unit with your hands before plugging it to preclude the possibility of electric shock.
    SE20 likes this.
    Astell & Kern AK240 + iBasso DX100 + Hifiman HM801 + iPod Classic + Sony PCM-D100 + Fostex TH900 + ATH W3000 ANV + Grado PS1000 + Heir Audio 8.0 + Noble Audio 6W + AKG K3003i + Sennheiser HD 800 + Fitear To Go! 334 + Shure 846 + Audeze LCD X + Oppo PM1 + Cypher Labs Theorem 720 + Alo Audio PanAm/Passport + Hifi M8 LX + Woo Audio WA7 / a slew of computer stuff from Apple & Microsoft.

Liked
    7 times
    Real Name
    Vincent Aaron S. Silverio

Blow dry then bury it in your rice box
    SE20 likes this.

Liked
    47 times
    Real Name
    Laverne Esquivias

the rice trick does not work all the times; lemme help you; the longer na di nalilinis yan, the slimmer the chance na maayos; we repaired that same problem a few days ago. if interested you can reach me at 09228029841 or dropby the shop at Greenhillls Shopping Center; 2nd Flr Unit 27 2nd Flr Theater Mall Greenhills Shopping Center
    SE20 and justinred like this.
    BURN and JHOY MOBILE and CELLPHONE SERVICES
    Unit L30 Missouri Lane Grnd Flr Greenhills Theater Mall GSC San Juan City
    Contacts: 09152668972|09235898150|09394797288

Liked
    17 times

I agree on this one. Rice or desiccant trick is an option only if it's not possible to immediately bring device to a hardware tech.
    Quote Originally Posted by ll_esquivias View Post
    the rice trick does not work all the times; lemme help you; the longer na di nalilinis yan, the slimmer the chance na maayos; we repaired that same problem a few days ago. if interested you can reach me at 09228029841 or dropby the shop at Greenhillls Shopping Center; 2nd Flr Unit 27 2nd Flr Theater Mall Greenhills Shopping Center
    SE20 likes this.

Liked
    7 times
    Real Name
    Knight Vincent Esguerrra

If all of this doesnt work call Apple Support I worked there before and what we do before is escalate the case and see what happens. But take note the phone must be purchase either globe or smart, Since there are no official official iPhone service center here.
    SE20 likes this.

Liked
    177 times

Quote Originally Posted by ll_esquivias View Post
    I received a photo of my niece, happily holding up her working iPhone

Real Name
    Hanes Chua

How'd she do it?