Wireless Earphones

Discussion in 'Musicians and DJs' started by ice, Jan 6, 2016.

1. ice

ice PhilMUG Addict Member

BRAGI HEADPHONE REVIEW: FINALLY, WIRELESS EARBUDS WORTH BUYING | The Verge

Roman likes this.
  2. shiznit

shiznit Member

Is the Bragi Headphones now available locally? Which store? Thanks.

3. Roman

Roman Let's hug it out!
    Staff Member

It's still on pre-ordering on their website. You can pre-order here.

shiznit likes this.
  4. xthine

xthine PhilMUG Addict Member

Tested out the Jabra activity app.

This was part of a hiking i used Just Track me:

IMG_7692.PNG IMG_7583.PNG
    Each time though i activated tracking midway through the activity. I was only wearing the right bud so couldn't pause the activity right away. I don't know how accurate the v02 max reading is given that I was either hiking or trail running. More informative it looks like than Dashs app.
    I found voice coaching/feedback to be helpful even though i had my Fenix3HR on.

IMG_7686.PNG

IMG_7688.PNG

#24 xthine, Nov 23, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2016
  5. ice

6. h2obaby

h2obaby Member

We've just recently gotten a pair of Avantree Audition Pro and August EP650 from Amazon. They're sub-$100 over-ear wireless cans that do the job. They don't have active noise cancellation, though, but it's really not a dealbreaker for us. Both sound good enough for our mid-level-listening, non-audiophile ears.

7. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

Mm..for the truly desperate and ultimate bragging rights, an Apple Airpod.............for usd 1,000.00....that's 500 per ear. Delivered by Christmas day.........ano ako? BI Commissioner :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Sunil_K likes this.
  8. ice

SKYBUDS REVIEW: GREAT SOUND, BUT NOT MUCH ELSE | The Verge

[​IMG]

9. Sabonis

Sabonis Active Member

Have you ever tried on a Motorola? I have been looking at one kasi.

OT/ P.S. - BTW, i won the iTunes GC you donated. Cheers!

raypin likes this.
  10. ice

11. xthine

Awesome! (y) I was considering the Motorola Verve Ones but I found out that you have you use both buds at the same time. Mostly just use one earbud at a time so Verve Ones won't work for me.

12. rbenzon

rbenzon Super
    Staff Member

Every time I see this thread, I am reminded that most people only read thread titles, without bothering to read the thread starter's original post, where he defined wireless as "no wires connecting the left and right ear pieces".

But hey, it's Christmas, so we'll let laziness slide. :p

In the New Year, this will get merged with the Bluetooth headphones thread, because everyone's jaywalking anyway. ;)

ronnel0918 likes this.
  13. xthine

[​IMG]

First came the Dash then Elite Sport and then the long awaited Airpods.

Airpods are the easiest and quickest to pair out of all 3. Easy to switch from one iPhone to another (tested on my iPhone 7 and daughters 6s). Kind of fumbled around trying to take the Airpods out of the case, i thought they were supposed to pop out?
    As you can see in the photo, the sleekest carrying case.
    They fit well and I'm VERY surprised by how secure they fit in my ears. Shaked my head a few times and it didn't come off flying. By far the most comfortable out of the 3.
    Still getting used to tapping the Airpods to summon Siri. Successful about 1/3 of the time. Found the Dash easier to control, may just need more practice with the Airpods. Tried airplane mode to simulate Siri offline, the double tap play pause worked okay.
    The Airpods were lacking in audio quality compared to the other two. I haven't used stock earbuds since the original iPhone. Not used to the lack of seal with the Airpods, I could see why there's no need for audio transparency (unlike the Dash and Elite Sport). Which may be good since that means i may be able to get away with using both buds while trail running. You can use also use one Airpod at a time if needed.

The Airpods stayed in place while trail running. I would not take them out when there is a chance of rain.
    Withiut data the Airpods are a pain to use since I sometimes skip songs and adjust the volume while running.

I think I'll keep the Airpods as a backup pair..or for just using around the house/office.
    For workouts (especially with a chance of rain), Dash and Elite Sport with ip67 rating would be better. Don't have to worry about sweat/water resistance, easier to access playback controls even with data offline.

Sunil_K and rbenzon like this.
  14. shootertwist

shootertwist Well-Known Member

for now i'd stick with my jaybird bluebuds x2 when running at nights, but the airpods i just got did make a good account of itself as it didnt get loose or fall at all while i ran around 3-4km. Will try to run more with the airpods to test it further.
    Seamless connection with the airpods and my iphone 7 plus and apple watch. In fact they work just like wired connection in the sense that you dont bother at all with their connection as they happen instantaneously and no dropped connection so far, really quite impressed though i was kinda expecting this kind of integration given that's how apple usually differentiates itself with the rest of the field.
    Sound quality though of the airpods is just a notch or two better than the regular earpods. Its actually decent enough and when watching videos it does the job, as long as you dont have audiophile expectations hehe :)

15. ice

Bragi's Dash Pro earbuds pack improved audio and AI smarts | Engadget

[​IMG]

16. jillsingian

jillsingian Active Member

hi folks has anyone tried out Motorola's Verveones Music Edition? thanks in advance :)

jcool likes this.