WIFI router.. what to recommend? (merged)

Discussion in 'Time Capsule, AirPort Extreme, AirPort Express' started by rockinrobin, Sep 2, 2007.

1. ice

ice PhilMUG Addict Member

ASUS will use routers you already own for a mesh WiFi setup | Engadget

bowman60 likes this.
  2. duncan

duncan Well-Known Member

3. Leon21

Leon21 Active Member

I have multiple routers at home (one main, the rest in bridge mode) with the same SSID but sometimes I notice there's a lag when my mobile devices switch from one AP to the next. All routers use a different radio channel (e.g. Router 1 is 149, Router 2 144, Router 3 140), so would it be better if they all operate under the same channel? I've always differentiated them to minimise interference but I always based that upon what I read on setting up your OWN router to avoid interference with OTHER people's routers.

4. frequenzy

frequenzy Member

dont use 1 channel for the three wireless routers, since you will be creating your own interference definitely not good.

wireless switching is highly dependent on the client hardware, some smartphone do it better than others.

5. ice

ice PhilMUG Addict Member

anyone?

6. Leeger

Leeger Active Member

unless you're into serious networking stuff, you don't really need so many features. I'm happy with my TPlink Archer C7. It has good range and stable connection.

Shinahashirome likes this.