Wi-Fi Assist

Discussion in 'General iOS' started by Edelheid, Feb 28, 2017.

1. Edelheid

Edelheid PhilMUG Addict Member

Is there anyone else here who likes this feature and actually keeps it on? (Since it's on by default, much to the chagrin of many.)

I have decided to experiment with Wi-Fi Assist and left it on since having gotten my iP7 late last year, and not because I have a lot of data, but rather due to remarks from friends claiming Wi-Fi Assist consumes little to no data. It won't kick in while downloading huge apps or apps acting in the background, so those two problems are out of the way. So, I remembered to check today and true enough, Wi-Fi Assist only used up 80 MB since November 2016. That's literally a drop in the bucket unless you're on a data plan with less than 500 MB allocation.

2. dingjana

dingjana Member

I know this topic has not been active but I work for a Telco here in Toronto and Wifi Assist is one of the top reasons why customers go over their data. It's been a pain for our agents to explain especially since these customers do not do their due diligence and research the features of their phones and just use them.