Where to buy NEW Apple TV 3rd gen?

Discussion in 'Apple TV' started by ignudi, Sep 15, 2016.

1. ignudi

ignudi Member

hi guys! i hope you can help me out.

can you point me to an apple reseller who still has remaining stocks of the third generation apple tv? i'm finding it difficult to find one; the apple store doesn't even sell it now.

i have a fourth generation apple tv, but it's for home entertainment purposes only. i'm planning to get the third gen for school use (i.e. for presentation purposes only, no-frills application), and the apple tv 4 would simply be overkill for that. besides, it's substantially heavier than the apple tv 3, not transport-friendly.

thanks in advance guys! (y)

2. ignudi

ignudi Member

anyone? :cry:

among the philippine resellers here in philmug, would you be willing to part with one unsold stock of the apple tv 3? if only amazon still carried the item... i could have it shipped via JAC... but too bad... :sick:

3. gaol

gaol Well-Known Member

Since it's a phased out model for quite some time already, I doubt if resellers will still have unsold stock today. They would have sold off all their stocks by now.

Try eBay. I just did a quick search and a couple of entries, advertised as brand new, popped up. They are selling it at a premium above its original price though.

4. iJav

iJav Active Member

You can also check out olx. Unless you want a brand new one which will really be hard to find.

5. ignudi

ignudi Member

thanks for replying.

actually, i'm about only two days late. last tuesday it was still available on the apple store, though i wasn't able to purchase one then, as i didn't have my credit card details with me at the time.

i really don't know if all the resellers (PMC, BTB, DW, etc) have already sold their remaining inventory or have been directed by apple to stop selling them. what a waste...

i'm opting for the lighter and older version because i'll be using it mainly for airplay purposes. not really for the gaming and apps because i already have the fourth gen at home... :cry:

6. ignudi

ignudi Member

thanks sir. i was hoping it would still be available, since as of tuesday it was still offered at the online apple store. i'm having reservations about ebay though, even if the price is at a premium than apple's. it's really difficult to verify items sold on ebay, unlike amazon. even in greenhills, sellers there are clever with the seal wrap. it's kinda risky... :(

7. gaol

gaol Well-Known Member

If I spot one, I'll give you a heads up.

8. Chito Limson

Chito Limson Unfrozen…
    Staff Member

Aside from the price difference, any other reason why you'd prefer the third-gen Apple TV?

9. leninmac

leninmac PhilMUG Addict Member

10. ignudi

ignudi Member

i'm going to use it for school sir. use microsoft powerpoint for the ipad and airplay the presentation using the apple tv 3. i won't be using it for games and downloaded apps, since i already own an apple tv 4 for home use. the apple tv 4 is too bulky and heavy to lug around as compared to the apple tv 3...

11. ignudi

ignudi Member

i have tried that option sir. however, it won't ship to the philippines directly.

i guess i will have to try my luck in greenhills. i have tried calling all the branches of power mac center, beyond the box and digital walker, but they seem to have no stocks anymore... :sick:

leninmac likes this.
  12. speeds

speeds Member

Saw some at iStudio Gateway.

13. ignudi

ignudi Member

thanks for the tip! i thought i've run out of them on the local market. i'm going there right now. (y)

14. bmarie

bmarie Member

I also asked PMC at Power Plant last weekend and they said they still had the 3rd gen =)

15. ignudi

ignudi Member

thanks for the tip guys! so much appreciated. i have bought one already. no need to lug around my apple tv 4. :D

16. dok

dok New Member

hi, may i know how much/where you got your ATV3 ?
    TIA

17. ignudi

ignudi Member

hi dok! sorry for replying just now. i was extremely busy i haven't had the time to log on to philmug. :unsure:

i got the apple tv 3 from iStudio in v-mall. try calling them or any iStudio branch. BTB and PMC do not have any more stocks of the ATV3 when i called them. (y)

mtl_ph likes this.
  18. dok

dok New Member

no probs! tenks for the reply!