Where to buy Airport wifi card for Mac Pro?

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by randy618, Jan 22, 2015.

1. randy618

randy618 Member

Hi fellow philmuggers! Especially those with Mac Pros on their desks.

So I recently picked up a 2008 Mac Pro (3,1), and it doesn't have wifi, only Bluetooth. I've tried ynzal and sencolink to no avail. Nothing on tipidpc, or olx, either. Does anyone know where else I should look? If anyone out there is selling one, I'd be happy to buy it from you. ;)

2. Dipp

Dipp Member

You can get a third party brand - OS X works fine with them.

3. randy618

randy618 Member

Hi Dipp thanks for the reply. Do you have a Mac pro yourself, and with a 3rd party card? I just want to be sure I get something compatible...

4. macdrive007

macdrive007 Active Member

a USB wifi dongle will do, just make sure you get one that is Mac compatible :)

5. Salaryman Ryan

Salaryman Ryan Well-Known Member

IF you are willing to ship to a forwarding service like Johnny Air, you can purchase a original Airport card though ebay.