What multivitamins do you recommend?

Discussion in 'General OT' started by fanman, Jan 8, 2012.

1. kevz

kevz Member

How much is vita plus? I can see it at sari-sari stores here at Imus Cavite. Does it taste good?

2. bmarie

bmarie Member

Pharmanex LifePak

3. Juice

Juice PhilMUG Addict Member
    Supporter

I'm not a doctor, but I learned that if you have vitamin deficiencies then you should take the right vitamins. Taking multivitamins when your body doesn't really need them gets filtered out by your liver and kidneys. It's best that you go to a doctor, and get blood and urine tests to figure out what your body really needs. Who knows, maybe you don't even need multivitamins. After my operation, I was advised to take Calcium Magnesium and Potassium. That's it, no need for any other vitamins.

4. C9

C9 Active Member

None. Seven years vegetarian. Had minor sicknesses maybe 4 or 5 times in that period, never been to a hospital. Took only natural meds like Lagundi and recovered in 2-3 days. I strive to eat only fresh and organic food.

5. thatgreatrook

thatgreatrook Member

When I was below 18 years old, I take Centrum. Now I'm taking USANA Mega Antioxidant and Chelated Mineral. I highly suggest taking USANA when you're at least 18 years old already.

6. docnico

docnico PhilMUG Addict Member

The famous and controversial meta-analysis of 72 trials recently published in Cochrane shows that Vitamin C has limited benefits in colds.

http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/779063

I'm sure the marketing guys selling Usana or whatever vitamins will show you a journal article or two, but remember that in interpreting studies, those with larger sample size will give more reliable and unbiased results.

7. emsy

emsy Active Member

Im taking USANA too. it's getting popular lately.

8. toinkerz26

toinkerz26 Member

currently i'm taking Vits D, E, Calcium, Vigor ACE, Enervon C and Fish oil.

i take them alternately.

if i ever get the "snuffles" i drink more quantities water and veer from the usual medications. just water.

i often just have fruits and it's gone after a day or 2.

i can't even remember when the last time i got sick with fever or had the commom cold.

9. zedd

zedd Member

I dont take vitamins everyday.

I take fern c in case i feel that i'm about to get sick. Heavy exercise, trainings, i take rogin e.

10. kevz

kevz Member

Has anyone tried using CONZACE by Unilab?

11. bad_boy

bad_boy Watching Your Language
    Staff Member

^From the previous page:

12. kevz

kevz Member

so Conzace is not good although its expensive and in soft gel capsule preparation.

13. KiDKUMAG

KiDKUMAG Member

Just want to share this with you guys: The Vitamin in a drink that is formulated by Filipino scientists that is lead by Dr. Jaime Galvez Tan, UP College of Medicine Professor and former DOH Secretary.

[​IMG]

MALUNGGAY
    MORINGA OLEIFERA
    Moringa Oleifera is planted throughout the Philippines in settled areas at low and medium altitudes.

Scientific research has proven that these humble leaves are in fact a powerhouse of nutritional value. It can help rebuild weak bones, help enrich anemic blood and aid in the nourishment of breastfeeding babies. Ounce per ounce, it has the calcium of four glasses of milk, the vitamin C of seven oranges and the potassium of three bananas.

DAHON NG SILI
    Capsicum Frutescens
    Capsicum frutescens is found throughout the Philippines plated here and there about dwellings but also thoroughly established in open, waste places in settles areas.
    Its fruit is a popular condiment. The leaves are used as vegetable; an excellent source of calcium and iron, a good source of phosphorus and vitamins A and B.
    It is an important gastrointestinal deoxidant and also serves as a stimulant, digestive, rubefacient, stomachic, sialagogue, alterative, antispasmodic, febrifugue and depurative.
    Nutritional Value Pungent principle, capsaicin; solanine; vitamin A and B; citric acid; palmitic acid; capsicin; oleoresin; volatile and fixed oils; pentosans, 8.28%; pectin, 3.2%.

SALUYOTCorchorus Olitorius L.
    Corchorus Olitorius is ever-present in clearings, farms and waste places in the Philippines.
    Reported to be demulcent, deobstruent, diuretic, lactagogue, purgative and tonic, it may also be a remedy for aches and pains, dysentery, enteritis, fever and pectoral pains.
    Nutritional ValuePer 100 g., the leaves are reported to contain 43-58 calories, 80.4-84.1 g h20, 4.5-5.6 g protein, 0.3 g fat, 7.6-12.4 g total carbohydrate , 1.7-2.0 g fiber, 2.4 g ash, 266-366 mg Ca, 97-122 mg P, 7.2-7.7 mg Fe, 12 mg Na, 444 mg K, 6410-7850 ug beta carotene equivalent, 0.13-0.15 mg thiamine, 0.26-0.53 mg riboflavin, 1.1-1.2 mg niacin and 53-80 ascorbic acid. Leaves contain oxydase and chlorogenic acid.

URAYAMARANTHUS SPINOSUSAmaranthus Spinosus is found throughout the Philippines at lowlands and low altitudes.
    It functions as a good expectorant and an effective astringent especially in stopping liquid bowels. Locally, it has been reported that a decoction of the root relieve one’s breathing from acute bronchitis.
    Nutritional ValueThe dried leaves contain (per 100g) 267 - 276 calories, 20 - 34.4% protein, 2 - 4.5% fat, 45 - 54% carbohydrate, 9.8 - 10.4% fibre, 16.6 - 24% ash, 1795 - 5333mg calcium, 333 - 460mg phosphorus, 13.5 - 152.7mg iron, 13 - 37mg sodium, 337 - 3528mg potassium, 27.9 - 40.8mg beta carotene equivalent, 0.06mg thiamine, 2.02mg riboflavin, 7.7 - 8.6mg niacin and 503mg ascorbic acid.

TALBOS NG KAMOTEIPOMOEA BATATASIpomoea batatas is a warm season crop extensively cultivated in the Philippines. It can easily be planted any time of the year and propagated from stem cuttings.
    Its roots are high in calories and vitamin A and the leafy tops are eaten as vegetables. The tops, especially purplish ones are used for diabetes and the crushed leaves are applied to boils and acne.
    Nutritional ValueIpomoea batatas contains calcium, 30; magnesium, 24; potassium, 373; sodium, 13; phosphorus, 49; chlorine, 85; sulphur, 26; and iron, 0.8 mg/100 g; iodine, 4.5 g/kg; manganese, copper, and zinc are present in traces.

14. alanis_junkie

alanis_junkie Well-Known Member

I'm not saying it's not good, I believe when it comes to vitamins you really need to find which will suit you fine. I tried it because my friend says good things about it. Sadly it didn't work for me the way it works for her. :)

15. elbert

elbert Active Member

I don't take vitamins or supplements. I prefer to get that from the food I eat.

Anyway, if you want to know the effectivity of vitamins, check this out:

Multivitamin Reviews and Comparison of 100 Vitamin Brands

http://www.7systems.ca/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/MultivitaminGuideU7.pdf

Here's something worth reading:
    Do Vitamins And Supplements Actually Work?

I wish to add that I don't believe taking products produced by pharmaceutical companies, as I subscribe to the theory that modern day illnesses are a result of the effects of modern day medicines. These medicines spoil our autoimmune system making them lazy and dormant. I haven't taken a single anti-biotic, aspirin, etc. in the past 5 years, and I've been less prone to getting headaches, fever, flu or colds.

The trick is to rejuvenate and revive your auto-immune system and allow it to do the work it's supposed to.

#95 elbert, Apr 11, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2013
  16. knight_vincent

I take Immuvit on a daily basis, I felt much better than Centrum.

17. Juice

Juice PhilMUG Addict Member
    Supporter

If you're taking vitamins and your body doesn't need vitamins, then your body is just excreting them out. Plus, you're just adding work for your kidneys. I learned this when I was diagnosed with ESRD. Just some useful info.

18. baby fanny

baby fanny New Member

I can sell you Usana essentials for only 1k for 2 bottles

19. baby fanny

baby fanny New Member

I can sell you usana essentials for 1k 2 bottles

20. Sunil_K

Sunil_K PhilMUG Addict Member

@babyfanny - nice that you joined philmug but selling is not allowed here.