What In-Ear Monitor do you own?

Discussion in 'Musicians and DJs' started by ciprcsb1, Oct 2, 2012.

1. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

2. mokmoki

mokmoki Well-Known Member

okay, sharing my stupidity (i officially give you permission to laugh at me). my CIEM cables lasted me a grand total of ONE DAY before i was able to do something stupid to it. got snagged in a doorknob while walking out the door. now i need recommendations, as i need to use this pair on Sunday hahaha. any third-party cable that will enhance sound quality over the stock cable? FlipEars quoted me 1500 for a replacement. i'm willing to spend up to around 3000 if it will be better over the stock cable. smh.

[​IMG]

3. raypin

20170120_061342549_iOS.jpg

Mm...accidents happen. i've had my share. For brands, I would recommend Effect Audio (based in Singapore). Very good quality im-ear and headphones replacement cables. If you want simething very light and good quality, try Linum (based in Denmark). I have cables from both companies and I can easily recommend without hesitation. The Linum can withstand up to 60 lbs. of pressure (by weight) even though they are ultra-thin.

http://www.linum.dk/linum-bax/

http://www.effectaudio.com/

If you want local, contact Egghead Audiohub via Facebook. They carry replacement cables. Not sure what they have right now.

#403 raypin, Feb 16, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2017
    kyubi likes this.
  4. mokmoki

wow thanks for the tip! the linum looks good, but the "Music" version is piquing my interest more than the "BaX", mainly because i want to have as flat a response as possible for monitoring purposes. daanin ko na lang sa Equalizer when listening to music.

5. raypin

Mm...Linums are pretty good and I've snagged them a number of times with no problems. There's an upcoming new model called Super BAX (for release end of March).

6. ronnel0918

ronnel0918 PhilMUG Addict Member

While I absolutely love my Linum BaX MMCX cable, mine needs 3.5mm replacement already. I have to wiggle the cable just near the plug for it to work properly. I can hardly find someone who can re-terminate since the cable is very thin! So that's one of the caveat of buying Linum cables.

raypin likes this.
  7. mokmoki

i see! thanks for the heads-up! how long did it last before it had problems?

edit: btw already placed an order for a Linum Music since I had a friend going home from the US on March.

8. ronnel0918

Bought mine last October 2015 (I think?) secondhand from a fellow HEEP member. He bought the Linum cable around February 2015. I don't always use the cable when I still had my Aisha back then. So, more than a year? :p

9. mokmoki

hm. okay, need to have a backup just in case haha. this Aisha will see a lot of use as a daily driver and weekly on-stage. haha.

10. ronnel0918

I do have an Effect Audio cable bought from a friend. They're really sturdy! Had to replace the MMCX connector, though.

11. raypin

Mm...Effect Audio has one of the best turnaround for custom cables. Mabilis pa sa alas kwatro. Another excellent and not too expensive cable maker is PlusSound (USA).

12. mokmoki

nirevive ko yung Sansa Clip+ kong naka tambak at inaalikabok para makapag play ako ng FLAC (at hindi maubos battery ng phone ko), haha.

[​IMG]

raypin likes this.
  13. mokmoki

just received my Linum Music today, MMCX plug doesn't seem to be latching on sturdily to my IEM's MMCX port. audio doesn't cut out so that's good, it's just that the plug is a lot more loose than other cables i've tried. so far the Fiio had the strongest MMCX connection among the cables i've tested.

[​IMG]

#413 mokmoki, Mar 6, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2017
    rbenzon and raypin like this.
  14. rbenzon

rbenzon Super
    Staff Member

Look ma, no gooey molds. Laser-tracing ear cavity for custom eartips. #canjamsingapore

IMG_0825.JPG

raze19, ronnel0918, Dekra and 3 others like this.
  15. ronnel0918

Wow! What CIEM did you get now? :)

16. mokmoki

wow laser! none of that (in my opinion, very) uncomfortable sealing of my ears to get the ear canal impressions.

p.s. wala ba tayong napipintong meetup diyan? haha i'm curious on how different DACs / portable DAC-Amps will affect the sound output of my FlipEars, haha. :p

17. rbenzon

rbenzon Super
    Staff Member

who do you think i am, @raypin? ;)

i only got the laser scan because it was free of charge. :D

but snugs makes custom eartips for many universal IEMs, so i thought about ordering a pair for my shure IEMs. :)

ronnel0918 and raypin like this.
  18. raypin

Mm...the Spiderman/Tie Fighter in-ear monitor. The iSine 10 is an open-backed, planer magnetic drivers from Audeze and paired with the Cipher amp/dac cable with lightning. Pairs well with the iPhone 7. Wonderful in-ears with very good imaging, balanced sound signature and sounds very open. I can't think of a better in-ear specifically for the jack-less iPhone 7 and 7 Plus. Who is it for? If you are looking for the headphone experience in an earphone form factor and listens mostly through the iPhone 7/7 Plus, look no further. Highly recommended.

[​IMG]

rbenzon likes this.
  19. rbenzon

rbenzon Super
    Staff Member

Audeze should've made the Cipher spherical (Cipherical?), with a retractable cable, such that, in its fully retracted compact form, it looks like this:

[​IMG]
    :D

ronnel0918, scubadiverdaw and raypin like this.
  20. raypin

mm...been listening to this for a month now, 64 Audio Tia Fourte. It is a 4 driver universal iem.

20170606_165553267_iOS.jpg

raze19 and ronnel0918 like this.