What all-in-one wifi continuous ink system (CISS) printer do you recommend?

Discussion in 'Third-party Accessories' started by mtrak, Sep 21, 2016.

1. mtrak

mtrak Member

Our 5-year old Canon MPsomething all in one wifi printer (converted to CISS) is truly dead. We were considering purchasing another Canon to convert but seems Epson, Canon and HP now have all-in-one CISS. Our family prints/ scans from iphones, ipads, macbooks, Windows desktops for regular school, business, whatever work. Canvassed in Cyberzone, prices range from 9k - 10k. Considering overall performance, cost of tank refill, etc, would appreciate your two-cents before we purchase please. Thanks!

rontomtom likes this.
  2. piedad

piedad Well-Known Member

I had the first generation Epson CIS one. It requires a serial number when you refill the tank, and I don't know what happened by after a year the other colors do not come out well anymore. Tried all sorts of cleaning to no avail. Now only black and white prints ok - but with streaks sometimes. I might get Canon or Brother for my next CIS printer.

3. mtrak

mtrak Member

thanks for replying! hope to get thoughts from others before i purchase. was thinking of getting the HP. Our cartridge HP printers always had beautiful colored prints compared to the converted Canon. Hoping the CIS HP would be good too......

4. essay

essay Active Member

Interested in this thread as well. I'm also in the lookout for a CIS printer.

5. number001

number001 Member

Our office uses Epson L110 since June 2013. Five computer print using it. So far the performance is good and quite economical to operate. It just needs the occasional print head alignment, cleaning and flushing (all done using the provided software driver).

6. piedad

piedad Well-Known Member

I stopped trusting HP long time ago... printer head jams, and then their inkadvantage was not really an advantage as they would not fill the cartridges fully.

cybersniper likes this.
  7. cybersniper

cybersniper Well-Known Member

^Haha... me too.. I was a Toner Pirate back in the days... HP toners/inks was my favorite to sell because that's the brand we get most profit from.

for current day printers, I'd go for Brother or Epson.

8. mtrak

mtrak Member

got tired of going back and forth with the canvassing and researching, finally chose a canon, as our old converted canon did a pretty good job. the printer was for family use, so had multiple wifi connections - windows/macbook/ios. setting up was a bit buggy, manuals weren't very accurate, had to instinctively do my own config. persistence payed off, its now all good, with clear printouts/ scans.

piedad, you say you have a first gen epson CIS? hp in mega has a promo till end sep (i think), trade in your old branded printer, and you get a new CIS half price. BUT, it has to be ORIGINAL CIS, not converted. while the canon pixma g3000 was 1k higher than the hp equivalent, ink refill is less at 295 vs hp's 330. at one point while i was troubleshooting the setup, was thinking that hp setup might be simpler. good luck!

9. sem_rs

sem_rs Member

i hope the latest hp cartridges of the latest printers can also be refilled, coz ive been planning to replace my old hp to a new one.

10. jayparalejas

jayparalejas Active Member

I have a Canon G3000 all in one. Ink tank, Wifi. It works great! But its overkill for wireless and scan. I should have bought the cheapest one instead g1000. Haha

11. mtrak

mtrak Member

hp already has continuous ink, which is NOT the cartridge type. the continuous ink guys say that HP printers can't be converted, so we chose a canon to convert. so far, the canon G3000 which has a built in continuous ink is ok, though its wifi is a bit spotty with the different laptops (windows/ mac) trying to connect. i'd have to re-set it using the printer buttons =: (

12. gpo74

gpo74 Active Member

currently in the market for an all in one wifi capable ciss printer . i'm thinking between the hp and epson. which among the two brands is better?

13. mtrak

mtrak Member

just an update, the Canon G3000 all in one. Ink tank, Wifi was a bit complicated to setup, but we were happy........until last week, less than 6 months from purchase. there were heave dark lines accross when photocopying / scanning . had to bring back the printer for repair and wait for replacement scanner part which store says will take Canon 3-5 weeks! that is NOT a cheap printer, and 5 weeks is a looooong time =; ( super disappointed!!!

14. JJB

JJB Member

Isn't this model locally made? Was thinking that parts should be readily available

jayparalejas likes this.
  15. jayparalejas

jayparalejas Active Member

Canon website says its only 1-2 days. but in your case maybe the store will pullout the stock and redirect it to their service center. you should have brought it to the service center directly.

I can't imagine living without a printer in 3 weeks haha!

16. mtrak

mtrak Member

@JJB @paralejas - exactly!!! am extremely disappointed and rue the day we chose canon over hp. we've been following every other day both from the store (supposedly a service center too) who says they're waiting for the part and canon themselves who can't even locate the service request. its been a week but feels more like a month already..... sigh

jayparalejas likes this.
  17. JJB

JJB Member

well, Canon is Japanese but the service center is run by pinoys, so that says a lot about customer service =)
    Epson and Brother are other brands that have assembly plants here too. I
    I'm a sucker for locally made stuff =)

18. porkypork

porkypork Active Member

Why not try print via server/router? Although I currently had a problem with this method ever since I upgraded to Sierra