watchOS 3

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by denpacs, Sep 14, 2016.

1. Janzukato

Janzukato Active Member

My mickey clockfaces refused to speak as well when i activated my watch for the first time.

Have your iPhone connected to wifi for a few minutes and activate the mickey clockfaces again.

That solved mine.

2. Edelheid

Edelheid Active Member

Maybe it's too soon to lose hope. I'm hopeful that your watch will be given a proper fix!

3. wattleferdz

wattleferdz Active Member

Hopefully really. This is
    So frustrating. It's the first apple device i had that bricked via an update and the worst part is that my watch is already out of warranty. It's too bad i would need to suffer by buying a new watch just because of an update. Hay!

4. francisian

francisian Well-Known Member

I am unable to update my watch. The update would show for a few seconds then it would change to os is updated. What am i doing wrong?

5. Edelheid

Edelheid Active Member

Apple pulled watchOS 3.1.1 not too long ago following the onslaught of bricked watches.

Janzukato likes this.
  6. Janzukato

Janzukato Active Member

7. francisian

francisian Well-Known Member

8. mongkee

mongkee Well-Known Member

Oh great 2x... I just completed the download and it's ready to install as soon as I connect my AW to its charger. now what?

Update: I was able to delete the downloaded update by going to My Watch > General > Usage > Watch Update then clicked Delete. So when I tried checking for updates after this, it showed that I had the latest version at Watch OS 3.1

#48 mongkee, Dec 14, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2016
  9. bhoyetjumpay

bhoyetjumpay Well-Known Member

yikees, able to update my os last night. so far so good naman. ;)

10. wattleferdz

Chatted again with Apple and they made an exeption on my case. Will not bring my watch to PMC North EDSA as they appear to be clueless with what they were doing. My watch was bricked by the update and they were charging me 12K to replace my watch because they said mine was due to physical damage. My gosh! Muntik kong ibato apple watch ko sa mukha nung kausap ko kahapon eh.Try ko yung QCD or BTB kahit malayo.

#50 wattleferdz, Dec 14, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2016
    potpot2 likes this.
  11. mongkee

mongkee Well-Known Member

so it looks like 1st get AWs are affected by the faulty update as well. hoping your problem gets solved soon.

but look at it this way... if Apple does make an exception on your case with your out-of-warranty AW, the possibility of them replacing your unit with a new one may well be worth all the trouble you're experiencing now

please do keep us posted on the progress of your AW. there might be others out there who got their AWs bricked from the 3.1.1 update and your case could be a valuable source of info

12. Simbadda

Simbadda Active Member

in power mac's defense, i think anything that they can do and say is only what apple tells them to. not all watches got bricked by the update, reports of bricking here and there gained momentum until apple pulled the plug on the update.

the watch got bricked last tuesday (date of post), the update was pulled yesterday(?).

13. wattleferdz

Brought my watch to QCD Galleria. They will replace my unit but it will take 15-30 days for replacement unit to come. It's a better option than to shed money for an update that should've worked.

#53 wattleferdz, Dec 15, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2016
    ronjet likes this.
  14. jcsantamarina

jcsantamarina Buzz Ambassador
    Staff Member

Hey guys!

Where do you get rectangular watch faces for the apple watch? I'm pretty new to this and I've tried searching but no clear answer. Are we limited to the watch faces available on the watch iPhone app itself or are there other apps?

What do you recommend?

15. Janzukato

Janzukato Active Member

None as of watch os 3.1.1

Unless you have the hermes or the nike edition. They have exclusive custom rectangular watch faces.

jcsantamarina likes this.
  16. jcsantamarina

jcsantamarina Buzz Ambassador
    Staff Member

^^Bummer! Thanks for the info. Hopefully we can have more options. A white dress watch face would look really good with this rectangular watch.

Janzukato likes this.
  17. Alucard

Alucard Well-Known Member

Is it safe to update to 3.1.1 now? I read reports about watches getting bricked so I held off on updating.

18. ma5te12m1nd

ma5te12m1nd Active Member

You can't update to 3.1.1. WatchOS 3.1 is the "latest"

They skipped 3.1.1 (pulled out) & 3.1.2 . WatchOS 3.1.3 is currently in Beta.

Currently in botched 3.1.1 and my battery sucks! Battery Usage & Standby is the same. My original AW only last a day. Previously with WatchOS 3.1 it can normally last up to 2 days on a single charge.

Eagerly waiting for the official WatchOS 3.1.3 release

19. oldtimer

oldtimer Member

On Series 2 with 3.1.1 (before it was pulled out). One of the lucky ones whose watch didn't get bricked. Anyway, so far, so good. Waiting for 3.1.3 to get it in sync with everybody else.

20. denpacs

denpacs Active Member

watchOS 3.1.3 is now available. (y)

Janzukato likes this.