watchOS 3

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by denpacs, Sep 14, 2016.

1. ignudi

ignudi Member

"Tap to speak time" is turned on for both minnie and mickey. it still won't say the time when tapped.

the AW speakers are fine though. i could hear notifications for alarms/message alerts/incoming calls.

2. abielbad

abielbad Member

Mine is working fine... maybe the watch is set to silent mode?

3. ignudi

ignudi Member

silent mode is turned off. "tap to speak time" is turned on. the AW speaker is working just fine. i tried initiating a call using the AW and the audio is fine.

does the AW download any audio files for mickey or minnie in this case? i mean, when you initially choose the mickey or minnie face, does that initiate a download of the audio files? or are the audio files included with the watchOS 3 update and should work right off the bat?

4. denpacs

denpacs Active Member

Have tried doing a hard reset on your Apple Watch?

5. ignudi

ignudi Member

i have. both normal and hard reset. still the disney characters refuse to speak the time.

i have read somewhere that wifi (i.e. internet connection) must be available when the initial sync takes place, right after the AW is activated. i presume the audio files to have the characters tell the time are being downloaded to the AW during that initial sync. i have done that as well, but no minnie or mickey speak for me. :(

6. denpacs

denpacs Active Member

Sad to hear that.
    Maybe the last thing you can do is to restore/reset your AW.
    It's quite a burden, but "maybe", just maybe it could be fixed by doing a factory restore. :)

7. ignudi

ignudi Member

how do you do "factory restore" an AW? is that the same as unpairing it with the iPhone? i have tried resetting the AW via "Reset" on the AW Settings menu. still no honey for me.

8. denpacs

denpacs Active Member

9. ignudi

ignudi Member

i have done that a couple of times as well... no luck still.

there's nothing wrong with the AW speaker i swear. hindi naman siya nababasa or anything. the alarms and notifications go off when activated and i can make calls using the AW speaker. so even if i bring it for service they won't find anything wrong with it. i wonder why tap to speak isn't working for me...

10. ronjet

ronjet Well-Known Member

Some just resolved this issue with just un-pairing and re-pairing their apple watch. You can try this steps also...
    On your Apple watch,
    Go to Settings - Sounds and Haptics, toggle the switch to Off for the Tap to speak time. Check Minnie/Mickey watch face and tap if it is Off. Turn Off(Power Off) the watch. Then Power it On again. Go again to Sounds and Haptics, then Tap to speak time settings and turn it On again.

11. ignudi

ignudi Member

i have done that as well. still no speaking disney characters.

i noticed that when you turn off "Tap to Speak Time" in the Settings menu, it also turns off the corresponding option for mickey and minnie in the "Faces" option in the Watch app. so it's basically a shortcut for both faces.

i'm running out of ideas on how to make it work...

12. OhYeah

OhYeah Member

I have the same issue :(

13. WickedMac

WickedMac Active Member

I had the same issue. To resolve, I deleted the Minnie watch faces then install them again. Hope this helps.

jelight likes this.
  14. mongkee

mongkee Active Member

A co-worker of mine who just updated to WatchOS 3 approached me just now coz Mickey and Minnie wouldn't speak the time on her AW. I tried removing then adding both watchfaces and still no go. Told her to reset then re-pair her AW. Will wait for her feedback. Anybody else have had success fixing this?

15. WickedMac

WickedMac Active Member

Hi Mongkee, I reset and re-pair my AW first then when it didn't work, I removed and added the Minnie faces and it is working until now.

16. mongkee

mongkee Active Member

Thanks for the tip @WickedMac. I also found a suggested solution in the Apple forums saying you'd have to wait a few mins after the re-pair and watchface install before tap to speak works.

My co-worker did try the unpair-pair route. After re-pairing, it still wouldn't work at first then was surprised later that day Minnie talked na when she accidentally tapped the watchface. So problem solved

ronjet likes this.
  17. neldeles

neldeles Member

Fwiw, repairing was what worked for me as well.

18. jhonas015

jhonas015 Member

same here. never knew mickey and minnie talked on iwatch.

19. denpacs

denpacs Active Member

20. wattleferdz

wattleferdz Active Member

IMG_2922.JPG
    that watch os3 bricked my apple watch! huhu! power mac said its hardware failure which I cannot understand because my apple watch was working perfectly well when I left it to be updated. Went for shower to go to office then when I looked at my watch, it was showing a red exclamation mark! Huhuhu!

Attached Files: