Warranty

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPod Touch' started by mching, Mar 21, 2016.

1. mching

mching Member

I know that previously iPhones don't have international warranty, but a fellow told me that this isn't the case now. So I just wanted to confirm do iphones have international warranty?

I'm planning to buy from online sellers and would like to know if shit happens with the phone,
    can I bring it to authorised service center(s) for repair or replacement?

2. ivin

ivin Active Member

As far as i know, they have international warranty. If something happens to your phone just go to any authorized apple center and they will ship the phone to where your unit was originally bought

3. mching

mching Member

Can someone confirm this?

4. minenskie

minenskie Member

I heard before that Powermac accepts repair for iPhones if you bought it locally (with NTC markings). Else you really need to send it back to the nearest Authorized Apple Center. Not sure though...

5. ivin

ivin Active Member

When i claimed warranty for my iphone 5 (not ntc unit) power mac sent the phone to singapore as it was bought there. It took almost a month for the replacement.

6. frequenzy

frequenzy Member

no change as far as warranty is concerned. iphone still doesn't have international warranty unlike ipods/ipads. most online sellers source them from hk that is why they don't offer full warranty.

7. alikishi

alikishi Active Member

iPhones usually have local warranty in order to protect the carrier Apple has partnered with in a country

8. h2obaby

h2obaby Active Member

Hello. My iPhone 6 got replaced quite recently by Apple Support even if it was already out of the warranty period. I checked the serial of the replacement phone and no warranty is included. Can anyone confirm whether or not this is as expected? Like what do I do if the replacement phone conks out as well? TIA!

9. Don Pao

Don Pao Well-Known Member

Apple provides 90 DAYS warranty for replacement phones. or minimum of 30 days .

Please correct me if I'm wrong :)

10. b0gni

b0gni Member

Had my phone replaced (via Limited Warranty) recently due to the 'ghost-touch' issue.

I was told the replacement phone will have warranty for the remainder of your Limited Warranty/extended warranty, if any, or 90 days from receipt of the phone, whichever is later.

11. h2obaby

h2obaby Active Member

Thanks!

Thanks! So did you get to check the serial against the Apple site? I wonder if it should reflect there or not.

12. Don Pao

Don Pao Well-Known Member

it won't reflect on apple's website.

13. h2obaby

h2obaby Active Member

Okay thanks!

14. ronjet

ronjet Well-Known Member

Hi, is this from a touchscreen ghost issue? Did they still charge you a diagnostic fee? Thanks.

15. h2obaby

h2obaby Active Member

It's a touchscreen issue but it didn't have the other symptoms like lines appearing onscreen. Also, the Touch ID stopped working even if the diagnostics that Apple Support ran said that there wasn't any hardware problems. I guess they just chucked it to "random iOS10 bugs".

ronjet likes this.
  16. ronjet

ronjet Well-Known Member

Thanks. How about the diagnostic fee? Wi
    We'll bring our unit to them. Did you get a new(refurbished) phone? Did they replace it?

17. h2obaby

h2obaby Active Member

Burn helped us in having it processed, from contacting Apple Support to coordinating with Power Mac. We shelled out around a total of 6k for it. Yes, we got a unit replacement.

18. ll_esquivias

ll_esquivias Active Member

@h2obabay that's how you hack their system; hehehe; extreme rapport